After installing CCcam 2.1.4 I now find I have in /etc
CCcam.cfg
CCcam_0.cfg
CCcam_1.cfg
CCcam_2.cfg
CCcam_3.cfg
CCcam_4.cfg
CCcam_5.cfg

But which one should I edit with the necessary C**** info?
I have a feeling its the first one. But why so many?

Sicilian
29-07-10, 15:53
Start with just CCcam.cfg if that dont work add the line to CCcam_0.cfg

Logicearl
29-07-10, 15:57
I edited it via Filezilla by rightclicking the file and selecting View/Edit. Was that the right way to edit it?

Sicilian
29-07-10, 15:58
I edited it via Filezilla by rightclicking the file and selecting View/Edit. Was that the right way to edit it?

Yes click save and ftp back to receiver.

DrProzac
29-07-10, 17:11
What Image are you using?

From memory there is a CCCam switcher in DE?
You can then Have Multiple
CCCam.cfg (This will be the one it's currently Using)
CCcam_0.cfg
CCcam_1.cfg
CCcam_2.cfg
CCcam_3.cfg
CCcam_4.cfg
CCcam_5.cfg

The the above can be swapped in and out etc as required.
And then you can go in via the Blue Pannel and activate the config you want to use.

Logicearl
29-07-10, 17:22
I'm using DE, looking at DE CccamSwitch E2 CCCam.cfg it says Original. If I select it, there is no servers, clients. But the option at the bottom says Activate this configuration. Need this be activated first, or could it be the info I input isn't being recognised? Or just isn't correct?

paul362
29-07-10, 18:15
Just delete all the configs and use this 1 enter your details as needed. (as this one is clean of any details.)

Logicearl
29-07-10, 22:48
I think the reason it didn't work, was that when I looked again, what I'd typed in wasn't there, it had just disappeared. So I've typed it in again, hopefully it will "stick" this time, lol.
Although this time when coming out of Filezilla, a message popped up that said:
"Some files are still being edited or need to be uploaded. If you close Filezilla, your changes will be lost. Do you rearlly want to close Filezilla". This was after I had saved the file. ??

guff daddy
30-07-10, 13:47
Filezilla can be a bit strange until you get used to it. When you connect to an FTP server (e.g. VU+ Duo) and go to edit a file, it downloads it to the PC, edits it there, then looks to upload again to the server. It should request to do this upload automatically when you finish editing the file.

I think the way it is meant to work is that you have a mirror of the FTP site on your PC which you can edit/change etc. when offline. When online, you then automatically FTP the changed files.