PDA

View Full Version : Restoring from a Full Backup BH 1.7.0

nikolakis0644
12-01-12, 14:08
Hi to all again
Can you help me how to restore an image from a Full Backup taken from BH 1.7.0 The backup was stored in my HDD and it has 2 files stored in /hdd/vuplus/uno directory, kernel_cfe_auto.bin, and root_cfe_auto.jffs2.
There are 2 files. To install images in multiboot as I had read in the forum it must be 4 files for UNO and must be in zip format.
How can I restore a image ( or add a backuped image in multiboot )? from this backup?

And something else if anyone knows. When I try to do this backup in my usb only the kernel file is written and I had errors in my backup as Error: output file cannot be in the UBIFS root directory
ubinsize: error empty file "/media.usb//bi/root.ubi" referred from section nanddump .... and a lot more
at the end I have two messages that may no space left on backup device ( but I have 550MB left ) and no writting permission on backup device

In harddidk the backup is perfored ok
Personal backup is perfored ok in USB

Thanks in advance

Donnie
12-01-12, 14:54
The multiboot will not install a backup image, it has to be a clean image in zip format.

nikolakis0644
12-01-12, 15:04
The multiboot will not install a backup image, it has to be a clean image in zip format.

Yes, I know, but what the use of the Full backup feature, how I will restore from this backup, this is the question, as I had wrote before, this backup produces 2 files not in zip format..

Donnie
12-01-12, 15:31
I save the backup to USB and you find it in a file called vuplus, when you boot your box it sees the folder and asks if you want to install it by pressing - if you don't press - it does not load.

So you have a backup of your flash image that you can restore at any time.

nikolakis0644
12-01-12, 15:51
I save the backup to USB and you find it in a file called vuplus, when you boot your box it sees the folder and asks if you want to install it by pressing - if you don't press - it does not load.

So you have a backup of your flash image that you can restore at any time.

Hi my friend thanks again for the answer, I have the vu folder in my hdd , When I reboot, in the meoboot screen I have to options to choose using the up down from the remote control flash ( the image in flash ) and a second image I had installed and using in the usb ( I don't see the backup in the harddisk ) In the right of the screen I see three icons like usb, cf and hdd perhaps ) can I thoose from them except up and down button in the meoboot screen other keys from the remote are working? to choose hard disk or usb etc??
Am I misssing something?

Thanks