PDA

View Full Version : password change

cypchris
29-07-10, 10:20
hi all i have a dm800 hd which belongs to a cousin of mine but i dont want to flash it and someone has changed the password i was wondering if there is a way to change it without reflashing the box not sure if its a clone either so hence why i dont wanna flash it.
i know it can be done on a 500

basilyoung
29-07-10, 11:02
do you know the current password?

pooface
29-07-10, 11:28
There's the tux commander programme which is was used to be used on the 500's, but not sure whether it works on the 800...

bobonthejob
29-07-10, 11:41
I read on a post made a while ago that tux commander does not work. Prob need to reflash. Do you know if http authentication has been set on the box? Can you access your files via windows?

cypchris
29-07-10, 12:20
no original passwd has been changed by a pay server

bobonthejob
29-07-10, 12:23
Sorry mate...was that.... you cant access from windows as a share? Where you could navigate to /etc/.... pull the passwd file.....remove the password hash.....and put the file back? try network neighbourhood?

basilyoung
29-07-10, 17:50
if its set up by a pay server, the odds are, its a clone

but if you can find out the info of the image, you wil be able to over write it via null modem
but it needs to be the same image,,,,but if its gemini, i would chance an older black hole image

baz

z1signal
31-07-10, 08:57
depending on the image you can usually download a plugin called "password changer" to change the password, goto advanced software install then select package manager and scroll through and find "enigma2-plugin-extensions-passwordchanger" and install it, not sure if you need to know old password though, but worth a try.

Z1

pooface
31-07-10, 09:06
depending on the image you can usually download a plugin called "password changer" to change the password, goto advanced software install then select package manager and scroll through and find "enigma2-plugin-extensions-passwordchanger" and install it, not sure if you need to know old password though, but worth a try.

Z1

Think that asks you for your old password, but as mentioned worth a try...

z1signal
31-07-10, 21:29
password cracker/resetter ( John Plugin by gutemine )

copy the IPK to a usb stick, put usb stick in 800 and do a manual install

select the "john" plugin from the plugins list and then press the Yellow button to clear the root password.