PDA

View Full Version : Cant find channels,sky news, aj jazeera sports

tolmie
11-01-12, 10:33
I've just done a straight swap with an old fortec box, nothing changed, I seem to be missing channels and no idea why, ive tried the manual scan with the specific settings and cannot pickup sky news and cannot find any of the al jazeera sports channels, any ideas.

zola25
11-01-12, 10:38
If you have an old sat xml file that could be the reason, so try and upload catseyes settings and see if that helps.

tolmie
11-01-12, 11:12
I just recieved the box yesteday from wos with the vix image so would that not mean should be up to update, plz excuse me, i have no idea as im new to solo and really struggling. how do I upload catseyes, what is it lol

zola25
11-01-12, 11:42
Catseye is a readmade channel list which you upload the using a program like dreamset for example which is here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?13839-Dreamset-ver-2-36&highlight=dreamset.
Then upload the latest catseye settings file is in this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?42-Catseye-Enigma2-Settings-file-75-East-to-58-West/page6

tolmie
11-01-12, 11:43
managed to find details on stanman signature, magic, will try it later,

mcquaim
11-01-12, 11:44
Hi again,

Keep the faith as it will be worth it when you get it up and running. It is daunting at first but soon you will find it all a doddle...

Try this:

Long Press Blue button the remote and then press the Green for download plugins. Now expand the settings section and select whichever settings you require. These settings are the channel lists for the various satellites and are created by some of the lads on this forum :thumbsup:

I use the Vix Silverfox HD settings for 28.2 but the Cateyes and many others are up there too. It all depends on what Satellite you are pointing to.

Anyway, select one with the OK button and when it asks you if you want to install it select yes. The Solo will then reboot and when it restarts then you should be able to view the channels as set up for you in those settings.

Any issues then just keep asking..

Cheers,
mcquaim

tolmie
11-01-12, 12:23
I done the silverfox thing lastnight, lol, aaaaaaaaaaahhh, went into plugins and installed, there were 2, in saying that, im sure it was for astra etc, do I need one for hotbirs 13, i thot like the fortec you just scanned and then it would pick up the channels

mcquaim
11-01-12, 12:36
Yeah, if you are pointing at hotbird 13 then you will need different settings. Check the description in the settings and it will state what satellite they are for.

You can just scan either and set up your own bouquets. Get your xml from
http://satellites-xml.eu and ftp (You can use filezilla) onto the Solo and then kick off an automatic scan.

Here is a guide for you:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?11987-How-To-Update-Your-Satellites.xml-File&p=87270#post87270

tolmie
11-01-12, 13:02
Ive already tried the specfic sat settings and cant find sky news or al jazeera, im on the latest vix image i believe, do I need to update satelite.xml, thot it would just scan and find those channels

mcquaim
11-01-12, 13:26
Perhaps, I'm not familiar with what channels are on hotbird 13. Try that guide above and then see if it will come back with those channels for you.

tolmie
11-01-12, 13:55
Im also missing, bbc news, bbc scotland, think theres loads missing, discovering as I go along.

mcquaim
11-01-12, 14:12
Where those channels available on the fortec sat box?

I checked this link and no mention of BBC Scotland:

http://www.lyngsat.com/hotbird.html

You have a fixed or motorised dish setup?

tolmie
11-01-12, 14:24
Yip everything on fortec working fine, no issues at all, using fixed dish. Really odd and worrying.

tolmie
11-01-12, 14:26
Sorry bbc scotland is not on hotbird, its on astra, im missing channels from astra and hotbird, missing bbc news, sky news, bbc scotland from astra and al jazeera sports from hotbird 13.0

mcquaim
11-01-12, 14:28
Ok, strange one..

Anyway, follow that guide to download an up-to-date satellites.xml file and stick it on the Solo, reboot and then re-scan and see what you come up with. If the fortec can pick up those channels then the Solo deffo can too.

Good luck!

zola25
11-01-12, 14:30
There is no BBC scotland on Hotbird only on Astra 28 is your fixed dish only on Hotbird or is it a fixed dish with several lnbs also take a screenshot of your tuner configuration if it is a multi lnb setup

mcquaim
11-01-12, 14:31
How are you picking up channels from Astra and Hotbird with a fixed dish? Have you multiple LNB's?

Anyway, make sure to select the two satellites when you are generating the new satellites.xml on that website.

tolmie
11-01-12, 14:40
Ye sure will, I couldnt tech tell you how its setup, its a dual lnb or whatever and setup to bounce of something if that makes sense lol

mcquaim
11-01-12, 14:49
I'm confused here :confused:

If it is a dual LNB then you can only have two feeds from it but if it's on a fixed dish then you can only point at one satellite at any given time...

If you have two LNB's then perhaps you could have one of them pointing at Astra 28.2 and the other pointing a Hotbird 13 but then with a Solo you only have one input so how that would be connected up I have no idea..

Does a Fortec sat box have two inputs on the back of the box? You sure the dish is fixed?

Sicilian
11-01-12, 14:57
Think you need to post your full satellite dish setup including and diseqc switches that maybe wired in somewhere.

Then post what your tuner configuation is. Menu > Setup > System > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration.

Stanman
11-01-12, 15:01
I've just done a straight swap with an old fortec box, nothing changed, I seem to be missing channels and no idea why, ive tried the manual scan with the specific settings and cannot pickup sky news and cannot find any of the al jazeera sports channels, any ideas.

There are issues with the ALJ sports channels apparantly due to interference, they have been hit and miss for the last few days.

tolmie
11-01-12, 15:09
ye thats correct but doesnt explain missing sky news, bbc news etc etc.

zola25
11-01-12, 15:20
You can have several lnbs on a fixed dish with a DiSEqC switch when you say setup to bounce maybe it is a tordial type dish but what we need to know is did you recieve bbc itv sky in other word the UK channels from astra as well as the hotbird channels.
Can you not look at the dish and tell us how many lnbs are on it also remember to post your tuner cofig details so we can help you further

tolmie
11-01-12, 15:23
Phoned my sat engineer who is a mate, no issue with sat setup, can plug foretec in and no probs, setup the hotbird on disqec a and astra on c, set this up in the tuner, find loads of stuff on both sats but particular ones missing.

mcquaim
11-01-12, 15:26
Think you need to post your full satellite dish setup including and diseqc switches that maybe wired in somewhere.

Then post what your tuner configuation is. Menu > Setup > System > Service Searching > Tuner Configuration.

Agree with Sic, you will need to shed more light on your setup in order for people to know what is going on here!

tolmie
11-01-12, 15:55
I'll post a photo later or the required info.

Cheers

Sicilian
11-01-12, 16:03
In all honesty this sounds like you got you tuner settings wrong somewhere.

tomthebomb1968
11-01-12, 17:24
Apparently Al Jazerra transmissions are being jammed from 2 sites in Iran. It started at the weekend and has been happening intermittently.

tolmie
11-01-12, 17:28
Yip already knew about that, its the other channels that are missing that are harder to eplxain, will post settings after 6 tonight.

tolmie
11-01-12, 17:52
Can I just add incase this helps, when i downloaded the plugin, i think I selected 28.2E and not the 28.2 UK DTT, does that make a difference as I didnt know what to select.

zola25
11-01-12, 17:56
DTT is terrestrial tv not sat

tolmie
11-01-12, 17:57
Cool, I done the right one then :(

Sicilian
11-01-12, 17:58
You need to use channel settings bouquets for the LNB's/Satellites that your are using.

how to send Enigma 2 settings: -
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?623-How-to-send-save-Enigma-Settings-to-the-VUDuo-using-DBEdit

Enigma 2 settings
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?21-Enigma-2-Settings

If I where you I'd use a settings pack like Cateyes settings, open them in dreamboxedit and delete the satellites that your not using, then upload them to the receiver as per the guide in the link above.

Remeber to post your tuner setup.

What satellellites are you using? Just 13deg and 28.2?

tolmie
11-01-12, 18:41
ok I'll try and follow the above, ye im just using 28.2 and hotbird 13. Nothing else. Can find loads of other channels as I said so dont understand why others are missing. Be home soon to advise further setup.

mcquaim
11-01-12, 19:25
Doesn't matter tolmie. The only difference is that the DTT settings has an extra group for the UK Freeview channels..

This is not what you need anyway, you need a combination of Astra 28.2 and Hotbird 13. Follow the guide to download a satellites.xml file and run a scan manually for both satellites. I reckon you have your settings incorrect so best you post screenshots of that first before anyone can make sense of your setup.

tolmie
11-01-12, 19:41

there you go

tolmie
11-01-12, 20:05
Ive transfered over the satelites.xml files, what next

Larry-G
11-01-12, 20:17
Ive transfered over the satelites.xml files, what next

Reboot the receiver so that the new satellites.xml file takes hold then do a re-scan on each location.

tolmie
11-01-12, 20:41
ok, receiver rebooted and scan done, still missing sky news, bbc news and all the sky sports channels,aaarrgghhhhhhhh

Larry-G
11-01-12, 20:57
load a pre-made bouquet pack onto the receiver and check if your getting the channels that way.

tolmie
11-01-12, 21:10
And how do I do that, ive also downloaded a catseye E2 Settings file but dont know what to do with it.

Larry-G
11-01-12, 21:28
you use a bouquet editor to send the settings to the receiver. you can use any one such as DreamboxEdit, dreamset , enigmedit. etc. There are plenty of tutorials on the forum showing how to use them.

tolmie
11-01-12, 21:31
Tried to send using dreambox edit, completed a few lines and then got some german error lol, nice and straight forward this, using ftp

Larry-G
11-01-12, 21:34
what version DBE did you try also have you tried another app like dreamset ?.

tolmie
11-01-12, 21:41
ok, tried dreamset, it kinda worked, do i run another scan now.

Larry-G
11-01-12, 21:42
if dreamset transferred the channels over properly and it has reloaded them you should not have to do any scans. just tune to the channels you want to view and see if they are there.

tolmie
11-01-12, 21:49
ok got the names now but still no channel, nothing, nada, still cant get sky news etc,omg this is frustrating

Larry-G
11-01-12, 22:00
you must have something wrong in your setup somewhere. as they work flawlessly for me on both my uno and duo.

tolmie
11-01-12, 22:06
Wish I new what it was

tolmie
11-01-12, 22:33
anyone else got some ideas, I do get channels on both sats just not the ones mentioned.

Sicilian
11-01-12, 22:37

there you go

Does that say hotbird on port A and Astra 28.2 on port C?

Are you 100% sure that is correct? Have you double checked those settings on the other receiver?

tolmie
11-01-12, 22:40
To make things better, installed ccam as per instructions by punisher and now after reboot is just sits on vu solo screen saying loading, this is not going well, what can I do now

Sicilian
11-01-12, 22:44
Press ok or down arrow on the remote, do the bouquets appear?

Now these channels your mentioning are premium channels, is your sky card in the receiver and is your softcam setup?

tolmie
11-01-12, 22:50
Yip tried swapping them about and got no services so def setup correctly

tolmie
11-01-12, 22:51
sky news,bbc news are free channels, also i have a al jazeera card

Sicilian
11-01-12, 22:54
Here's a set of Catseyes bouquets just with Astra 28.2 and Hotbird 13deg only. Guide to send http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?411-How-to-copy-and-paste-bouquets-from-different-settings-packs Use this old version of dreambox edit http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12-DreamBoxEdit-3-0-0-0

Sicilian
11-01-12, 22:56
sky news,bbc news are free channels, also i have a al jazeera card

Sky news is not a free channel, it needs a subscription card.

tolmie
11-01-12, 23:01
I have sky news on my fortec and also on freeview, never ever had a sub for it.

tolmie
11-01-12, 23:02
it cant even see these channels, it just says tuner failed

Stanman
11-01-12, 23:03
I have sky news on my fortec and also on freeview, never ever had a sub for it.

Its freetoair on freesat but freetoview on sky - basically an expired card will get to sky news nut not having a card will not.

tolmie
11-01-12, 23:08
whats the difference with my box from fortec, im not using sky, im using same as before and had to issue getting sky news, doesnt even pick it up, it should surely find the channels, no bbc new or bbc scotland either

Stanman
11-01-12, 23:12
The SD channel is free to air, its the HD one that you need a card, though a expired one will do.

tolmie
11-01-12, 23:15
im only looking for the sd one, i cant even get bbc scotland and I live in glasgow lol, its not right, can i copy over the ccam with a newer one or do I need to remove as its not going past the splash screen, tried removing plugin butwhen i go to softcam manager its still there

Sicilian
11-01-12, 23:16
I think you need to slow down a little here and start fresh. Do a factory reset and start again. Menu > Setup > Factory Reset.

Go through the startup wizard, setup your tuners, then just fresh scan both hotbird and Astra 28.2.

Dont start installing softcams until you can tune FTA channels. If the smartcard logo appears on the infobar the channels is encrypted.

Scan settings as per screenshot below

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=481&d=1274735661

tolmie
11-01-12, 23:17
omg, can i not just remove the ccam plugin lol

Larry-G
11-01-12, 23:25
omg, can i not just remove the ccam plugin lol

as said above slow down, your trying to do things way too fast. do as Sicilian suggested.

tolmie
11-01-12, 23:27
done factory reset, presently running scan :)

tolmie
11-01-12, 23:38

scan running, just incase you think im at it

tolmie
12-01-12, 00:00
ok, done, what next folks

Sicilian
12-01-12, 00:10
Press down arrow, what do you get? A list of channels or a bouquet saying last scanned?

tolmie
12-01-12, 00:17
got a list of channels

tolmie
12-01-12, 01:21

Took photo of fortec, swapped boxes over and no issues, driving me mad

Sicilian
12-01-12, 05:52
got a list of channels

Did it pickup the channels that your looking for?

Do this. Press down arrow from normal TV viewing, then green button for satellites, now go into the services bouquet for 28.2, then look through there. Use left and right arrow to skip page by page.

tolmie
12-01-12, 10:36
It made absolutly no diff, still missing loads of channels, updated satelites files and channel thing, pick bbc 4, bbc news, bbc 1 scotland and says tuner failed, basically any channel I pick that wasnt found in the scan will say tuner failed, begginging to think its a duff machine and need a new one.

tolmie
12-01-12, 11:58
Hi guys, have I stumped you all, someone has suggested trying blackhole image, otherwise may need to get sent back to WOS.

mcquaim
12-01-12, 12:18
Hi tolmie,

I have never used diseqc switches but perhaps try this if possible to rule out a faulty sat box.

If you could connect the box to one of the LNB's directly bypassing the diseqc switch. Then set up the Solo so that it's tuner configuration is Simple-->Single-->(28.2 or 13) and download settings for just the satellite you have selected.

This way you can rule out any setup issues as it is completely straight forward. If you can't get a channel to clear this way then perhaps you have a dud Solo. If BBC FTA clears then it's back to how you have setup the diseqc in your settings.

If this is too messy with your setup call to a mate that has a Sly setup and connect to their dish with the setup above. If you cannot get the FTA channels to clear then return the Solo..

Cheers,
mcquaim

mcquaim
12-01-12, 12:54
Just one more thing, are you sure that your diseqc is a 4 input switch?

I see from the screenshot of your tuner setup that you have diseqc A/B/C/D. If the switch only had two inputs then you would need to select diseqc A/B instead.

Perhaps check the fortec and look for a menu for the tuner configuration and see what it has stated.. It might save you changing cables etc. as I suggested above...

tolmie
12-01-12, 13:42
its def a quad setup.

tolmie
12-01-12, 13:45
See if it was wrong surely I wouldnt find any channels, instead of find like over 700 services.

mcquaim
12-01-12, 13:45
Fair enough, if you are happy that is correct then.. Perhaps try this ten and at least you will confirm that the sat box is ok then...

Hi tolmie,

I have never used diseqc switches but perhaps try this if possible to rule out a faulty sat box.

If you could connect the box to one of the LNB's directly bypassing the diseqc switch. Then set up the Solo so that it's tuner configuration is Simple-->Single-->(28.2 or 13) and download settings for just the satellite you have selected.

This way you can rule out any setup issues as it is completely straight forward. If you can't get a channel to clear this way then perhaps you have a dud Solo. If BBC FTA clears then it's back to how you have setup the diseqc in your settings.

If this is too messy with your setup call to a mate that has a Sly setup and connect to their dish with the setup above. If you cannot get the FTA channels to clear then return the Solo..

Cheers,
mcquaim

Sicilian
12-01-12, 14:28
It made absolutly no diff, still missing loads of channels, updated satelites files and channel thing, pick bbc 4, bbc news, bbc 1 scotland and says tuner failed, basically any channel I pick that wasnt found in the scan will say tuner failed, begginging to think its a duff machine and need a new one.

Theres something wrong with your setup :trustme:

Run a direct feed from your 28.2 dish and test that way.

Could even be that the Solo dont like your diseqc switch for some reason. The only way your going to rule out the receiver is to run a direct feed from the 28.2 dish to the receiver. Doing that will save waste time, packaging and costs returning a receiver unnessacarily. I've used a number of Solo's and never had a single issue.

Also try these diseqc settings: -

Configuration Mode simple
Mode diseqc A/B/C/D
Leave ports as they are provided you are 100% they are correct.
Set voltage and 22khz swith to YES
Send diseqc leave set try setting to both yes and no.

tolmie
12-01-12, 14:34
ok folks, will try suggested, got feeling it maybe switch issue myself, you guys will def be getting a donation for all this help.

Sicilian
12-01-12, 14:40
ok folks, will try suggested, got feeling it maybe switch issue myself, you guys will def be getting a donation for all this help.

Another thing to check is the LNB, it could be slightly out, not affecting the Fortec, but affecting the Solo, but start with the switch settings, then run a direct feed.

tolmie
12-01-12, 21:18
ok guys, praise the lord, had to change Set voltage and 22khz swith to YES and now working a dream, thank you to everyone of you who helped along,fantastic.

Larry-G
12-01-12, 21:21
ok guys, praise the lord, had to change Set voltage and 22khz swith to YES and now working a dream, thank you to everyone of you who helped along,fantastic.

Well it took a while but i'm well chuffed you got there in the end.

mcquaim
12-01-12, 21:42
Hurrah, good stuff tolmie :thumbsup:

Sit back and enjoy now!