PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] new image 2.3 (153) can not connect to the internet ET9000

bertros
11-01-12, 02:11
Sorry first real question..

I had everything working perfectly pre update.

I have installed 153 no problems, Changed the web interface to port 80 from 8088. I have set up the network to what used to work (non DHCP)

Run network test

I can only get IP address and Nameserver are both unconfirmed.

I can FTP / log on to the machine locally but i can not get out the door ....

Router configured to port forward correctly. Tried reseting the router, STB and using DHCP.. run out of ideas any help welcome

Many thanks!

TK4|2|1
11-01-12, 08:04
Have u input DNS server settings? I have noticed, even on DHCP, if this is incorrect, sometimes doesnt set itself correctly, I get the symptoms you describe.

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers to push buttons.

bertros
11-01-12, 09:12
Have u input DNS server settings? I have noticed, even on DHCP, if this is incorrect, sometimes doesnt set itself correctly, I get the symptoms you describe.

Thanks, Both primary and secondary DNS now set as per the BT home hub 2.0. Still not joy

Cheers

Rob van der Does
11-01-12, 09:34
And a reboot made no difference either (it often does)?

BTW: Are you indeed still on build 153? I would strongly advise to do an online upgrade to the actual version, which is 161.

TK4|2|1
11-01-12, 10:22
And a reboot made no difference either (it often does)?

BTW: Are you indeed still on build 153? I would strongly advise to do an online upgrade to the actual version, which is 161.

Lol he can't get it online.

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers to push buttons.

Rob van der Does
11-01-12, 10:41
Lol he can't get it online.
Yeah, silly me.....
I'm so used to drawing people's attention to updating, that I apparently do so blindly........

TK4|2|1
11-01-12, 10:47
I'm curious as to why he isn't using DHCP anyway

Sent by using sourcery and the magic interweb

Rob van der Does
11-01-12, 10:52
I'm curious as to why he isn't using DHCP anyway
Probably for the same reason as I have: to have a fixed IP-address.
But to get it to work properly, I always use DHCP first, and once the connection has been made I set it to off, and change the IP-address. That always works fine. But if I skip the "automated" step, it never works.

machare
11-01-12, 22:48
If you can telnet to the box from your PC, you could try issuing ping commands to your PC, hub and an address ouside your home network.

If pings to IP addresses work then try pings to dns names.

Your problem does look like a network configuration error, such as wrong mask, wrong default gateway or wrong DNS server.

If you make any changes to such parameters, it is worth rebooting the box to make sure that the changes have taken effect.

bertros
11-01-12, 23:52
Still battling with it .. Thinking about going back to an earlier version.. which would you suggest?

I just can not see WTF it could be :)

bertros
12-01-12, 00:00
this is odd !

Set back to DHCP and it gets assigned as mad ip address 86.132.xxx.xxx not what you would expect i.e. a 192.168.xxx.xxx internal address. How can it pick this address up...

bertros
12-01-12, 00:13
its assigning a ip address outside the pool configured in the router.. Works correctly with the other 6 wireless / wired devices.. just my updated et9000.. hmmm

Rob van der Does
12-01-12, 07:38
Still battling with it .. Thinking about going back to an earlier version.. which would you suggest?
As the actual image has no problem at all in that area, that doesn't sound like a solution.

I just can not see WTF it could be :)
Having a non-English tongue I have no idea what "WTF" means, but did you try setting DHCP on as I suggested?
Edit: just read your last post saying you did. So have a look at your router: why does it assign such an address?

TK4|2|1
12-01-12, 07:51
Restart the router as well just to be sure

Sent by using sourcery and the magic interweb

Larry-G
12-01-12, 07:55
As the actual image has no problem at all in that area, that doesn't sound like a solution.

Having a non-English tongue I have no idea what "WTF" means, but did you try setting DHCP on as I suggested?
Edit: just read your last post saying you did. So have a look at your router: why does it assign such an address?

WTF is used as a shorthand version for What The F***. A little crass and unimaginative if you ask me.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

bertros
12-01-12, 09:13
Right got there in the end..

Factory reset on the Home hub, "did nothing", then went into the networkwizard.. tried DCHP again, "did nothing". forced the address using the wizard. did nothing.. then did another DCHP wizard attempt and it finally worked..

One of the above sorted it either in combination or by pure luck.. (who cares !)

Cheers

Bert

Larry-G
12-01-12, 09:34
well i'm not sure how i missed this but the BT home hub is absolute crap when it comes to this kind of thing, you would be best off removing the home hub and replacing it with a half decent router.