PDA

View Full Version : EMC and Vix 2.3

g-man
10-01-12, 23:55
Has anyone managed to get this combination working? (v2 or v3)

Just upgraded to the latest Vix 2.3.133 and every time I run EMC then select an item it crashes the box.

Or is there an alternative to EMC that I can use?

Thanks in advance

punisher
11-01-12, 14:13
Use the built in vix media player :D

im85288
11-01-12, 14:27
Just to help you out here the built in vix media player is the one that comes up when you press the "FileList" button and not the one that comes up when you access it via the Menu option.

punisher
11-01-12, 14:32
Yeh sorry for my vagueness lol but yeh just uninstall emc and then press filelist and u will get the vix media player

g-man
11-01-12, 18:44
Thanks for the replies but I had hoped to get EMC to work rather than go back to the stock media player.

When I press menu, it doesn't come up with a media player so I only have the one when pressing filelist.

Larry-G
11-01-12, 18:51
EMC media player is a closed source plugin. the fact that it no longer works with ViX 2.3 is unfortunate but the author needs to fix this from his end as we cant.

Thanks for the replies but I had hoped to get EMC to work rather than go back to the stock media player.

When I press menu, it doesn't come up with a media player so I only have the one when pressing filelist.

The default media player that comes with the Enigma 2 system was removed for several reasons including that it is no longer supported, maintained or updated. It has been left in the feeds so that you can download and re-install it of you wish.

g-man
11-01-12, 19:40
Thanks for the clarification.

Rob van der Does
11-01-12, 20:00
Excuse me??? You are talking about the most sophisticated E2 mediaplayer that is currently available........
Sorry to sound a bit harsh, but apparently you haven't explored it.

g-man
11-01-12, 20:05
Excuse me??? You are talking about the most sophisticated E2 mediaplayer that is currently available........
Sorry to sound a bit harsh, but apparently you haven't explored it.

It's not on any list, nor it is there when I press menu. Can't explore what I can't see!! :)

I prefer the 'look' of EMC hence the reason I wanted to keep it.

Rob van der Does
11-01-12, 20:10
Just go to the list with your recordings (using the filelist- or PVR button), navigate to the desired file and press OK. Or press Play/Pause for preview. When in that list the Menu-button opens a world of options.
That way you can open all kinds of files: video, DVD(ISO), MP3, photo. And navigating to all locations, be it on internal/external drive or external (LAN)mount is very easy indeed.

g-man
11-01-12, 20:28
Thanks, I have used it before, but like I said I prefer the 'look' of emc. I really only need it to play recorded programmes though..

I'll stick with it.