PDA

View Full Version : Comtrend Power Line Ethernet Adapters

lammy1961
10-01-12, 20:50
I'm currently using Comtrend Power Line Ethernet Adapters on my network to connect the VU+ Duo and the other 2 receivers in the bedrooms, now everthing works fine
absolutely no problem with that side of it.......Wait fot it...........So at Christmas I was lucky enough to receive a Popcorn Hour A-210, so I thought I would network this with another
Comtrend Power Line Ethernet Adapter to allow me to drag films from my PC to the Popcorn, It's all visible on the network and I can access the Hard Drive, however
when I try to copy and paste an AVI file (1.2gb) it was telling me it would take 1 hour....That seems pretty slow to me......Now I understand the Comtrend Power Line Ethernet Adapters
need to be connected directly into the socket (they are) so as an experiment I ran a Network Cable from the Router to the Popcorn Hour and it only took me about 10 minutes.
Does anyone have any advice on how to improve the Data Transfer using the Comtrend Power Line Ethernet Adapters ?

Thanks in advance.

Sicilian
10-01-12, 20:52
What speed are the homeplugs?

lammy1961
10-01-12, 20:57
200 Mbps

Cheers Sic.

Sicilian
10-01-12, 20:58
I'd say it could be down to your wiring. Another thing to do is to avoid extension leads and plug adapters.

lammy1961
10-01-12, 21:06
I was afraid of that I have absolutely loads of gadgets plugged into every socket in the house, I have got extensions feeding more extensions.......If anything ever happened to me the wife would need to contact NASA to
sort it out, I might just run a flat Network Cable from the router to the Popcorn Hour....Another thing my son is on X-Box Live using his Home Plug and he says he has a good connection with no lag at all.

Thanks for the replies.

Sicilian
10-01-12, 21:08
Your never going to beat the speed of hard wiring if possible.