PDA

View Full Version : help picture out of screen

tolmie
10-01-12, 20:43
plz help, how do i fix my screen orientation, some of it is off the screen, im using the vix image, also, done a scan and then when i go to view a channel i get a tuner error, this aint easy.

Sicilian
10-01-12, 20:45
Menu > Setup > System > OSD, adjust to suit your TV or turn overcan off on the TV.

Regards the tuner error, post your setup and what you have in Menu > Setup > Service Searching > Tuner configuration.

Sicilian
10-01-12, 20:46
Also have a read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?213-Basic-newbie-setup-procedure-for-VU-Duo-for-Dummies Solo is pretty much the same apart from not having internal HDD and only one tuner.

tolmie
10-01-12, 23:57
Rather than create another post can someone advise on there picture settings, im far from happy with mine, picture to software, bit blocky and washed out, can anyone post there setup please. I had a fortec star and it was far better lol so im sure its just settings.

tolmie
11-01-12, 10:29
can anyone help with picture settings as so far my in built freeview has a better picture lol

mcquaim
11-01-12, 11:36
Hi tolmie,

Is your TV HD and have you connected it to your Solo to it via HDMI?

If it is what resolution have you selected in the settings? (Menu-->Setup-->AV Settings). I have mine set to 720p on my full HD Philips TV and picture is crystal clear. It is a Duo but the picture quality should be the same on both.

Also, as Scilian has stated above for the menu not fitting if you turn overscan off on the TV or set it to unscaled the menu should fit fine.

Cheers,
mcquaim

tolmie
11-01-12, 11:47
Hi mcquaim, I have a sammy 51 plasma, using hdmi, set to 1080i, should it be pan scan, letterbox etc also, tried changing these and cant see diff, dont think i cant turn overscan or unscaled off on the my tv, sammy 51" plasma

mcquaim
11-01-12, 11:56
Your TV is fine so the picture should be top notch. Also, 1080i or 720p should both be perfect for displaying the HD pictures. I just set those to Just Scale and it's fine for me.

If you press the button on your remote the allows you to switch between the various video modes (16:9, 4:3.....) is there an option of unscaled or something like that?

I am not familiar with Samsung TV's but most of the modern TV's have this option somewhere in the menu system. If not then follow the post from Sic above and you can resize the menu yourself (Menu-->Setup-->System-->OSD). You can move around the menu position and size in here.

Cheers,
mcquaim

tolmie
11-01-12, 12:04
sorry sorry sorry, the orignal problem was fixed, im talking about the general pic, on the edge of heads at times is a bit jaggy and thats on bbc 1 HD, honestly my freeview and fortect are better, do you have your sharpness low med high, contrast etc as there must be something i can change.

mcquaim
11-01-12, 12:11
Well, that is one down at least..

I have never changed the contrast or anything after flashing and my picture is crystal. We can't pick up the BBC HD here yet so I can't compare the picture qualities for you. (No idea what fortect is...)

What is the signal qualily on the satellite? (Press the OK button on the remote and quote the two percentages to the right)

tolmie
11-01-12, 13:23
Fortec is a really cheap sat box, ther mince but brill picture. Who knows whats wrong. Signal and everything else fine.