PDA

View Full Version : New VU+ owner question, please help

nikolakis0644
10-01-12, 11:45
Hi to all, I am a new owner of a VU+ Uno. I had read all the threads to learn about this reciever
I want to ask a simple question, before flashing ( I don't want to do something wrong )
I took the VU+ Uno out of the box, and I want to install Black hole image the last one http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14810-Black-Hole-Vu-Uno-1-7-0-Multiboot-Full-Backup

I will flash using the USB method, My question is , Is it possible to install this image in a USB stick and not in flash, as I was doing so in my two old Dreambox 7020S? In the image specifications it is clearly said, that is not possible, but why it is declared as Multiboot?
I am a little confused
Please explain

Thanks in advance

sonc
10-01-12, 13:07
Its called multiboot because the image includes the Meoboot 1.0 plugin, as per the image description. Install BH in flash, then use meoboot to switch to other images you have.

Make sure you read the posts about the Uno firmware upgrade (FPGA) in the forum before you install anything, e.g.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9781-Notice-from-Vu-Vu-Uno-firmware-upgrade

nikolakis0644
10-01-12, 13:46
Its called multiboot because the image includes the Meoboot 1.0 plugin, as per the image description. Install BH in flash, then use meoboot to switch to other images you have.

Make sure you read the posts about the Uno firmware upgrade (FPGA) in the forum before you install anything, e.g.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?9781-Notice-from-Vu-Vu-Uno-firmware-upgrade

For my case it is a new out of the box VU+ is neccesary to do the "Uno firmware upgrade (FPGA)" Why?
and the second is it possible to install BH in the flash, leave it untouched, and then install in the multiboot the same image and add plugin etc? or in the meoboot must be a different image?

Thank you very much in advance.

Donnie
10-01-12, 14:04
You have to load Black Hole to the flash to use Meoboot, it is a plugin so you don't have to use it if you don't want to.
Most decent suppliers will have carried out the upgrade ( WOS ) would have done this but some don't.
If you load Black Hole Image just go to the FGPA plugin and perform the upgrade online, it takes about 5 mins so be patient and don't disturb the box until its done.

nikolakis0644
10-01-12, 14:14
You have to load Black Hole to the flash to use Meoboot, it is a plugin so you don't have to use it if you don't want to.
Most decent suppliers will have carried out the upgrade ( WOS ) would have done this but some don't.
If you load Black Hole Image just go to the FGPA plugin and perform the upgrade online, it takes about 5 mins so be patient and don't disturb the box until its done.

Hi my friend, I had understand, I have nothing done yet, I am asking before just to be sure.

Please if you know I had this question if it is possibe. Is it possible to install BH in the flash, leave it untouched, and then install using the meoboot plugin the same image and add plugin etc?( I mean to have the second BH image with plugins added to a usb stick ) or in the multiboot must be a different image?

Donnie
10-01-12, 14:22
Hi my friend, I had understand, I have nothing done yet, I am asking before just to be sure.

Please if you know I had this question if it is possibe. Is it possible to install BH in the flash, leave it untouched, and then install using the meoboot plugin the same image and add plugin etc?( I mean to have the second BH image with plugins added to a usb stick ) or in the multiboot must be a different image?

You have the right idea m8, you can use any other image with kernel 3.1.1 so you can use another copy of BH in meoboot but its really not needed.

nikolakis0644
10-01-12, 14:30
You have the right idea m8, you can use any other image with kernel 3.1.1 so you can use another copy of BH in meoboot but its really not needed.

It is needed , because you can put plugins emus etc etc, and when you take of the usb stick the reciever is 100% legal, I think you understood..