PDA

View Full Version : uno help needed

terryuk22
09-01-12, 19:21
my god talk about unuser friendly !!!!!!

how do i connect this to ftp tried ports 80 8080 21

downloaded a list service not found in piff most of the time

Tell me is there a quick way of going to a sat and a certain chan

been messing about with this box 9 hours solid now.

sometimes get message saying error contact wof Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Larry-G
09-01-12, 19:31
A little information about your setup and what your trying to do would be appreciated.

also go into network settings and see if FTP is activated in there. I'm not near my receiver rite now and cant remember the exact path but it should be easy enough to find via Menu>setup.

terryuk22
09-01-12, 19:56
was going to have a go at putting a cam in make a channel list to my own spec etc
rebooted but is it normal to see openvix loading on screen all the time ?

Stanman
09-01-12, 20:17
No its not. DO you get any remote responses?

What happens when you press menu?

terryuk22
09-01-12, 20:54
yes im now getting remote responding
i press menu and can see mediia player timers etc
with the loading screen behind it

Stanman
09-01-12, 20:56
You need to set up your tuner by going into MNEU>SETUP>SERVICES

also go into the Engima 2 forum and donwload and install channel list - how to in my signature.

terryuk22
09-01-12, 21:03
TBH this box may be beyound me as could get a spiderbox up and running in 15 mins all sats set up channel list loaded CCCam installed and jumping from sat to sat been on this 9 hours and just gave me a head ache . i will try another 10 hours then goes up for sale

Stanman
09-01-12, 21:05
lol, the box is a 1000% better than a spiderbox. Take it one step at a time and you will get there.

Dont believev me - stick it for sale and see hoe quickly it goes.

terryuk22
09-01-12, 21:14
image manager = there is a problem with this device please reformat is that normal as well ?

Larry-G
09-01-12, 21:17
image manager = there is a problem with this device please reformat is that normal as well ?

It is if you dont have a HDD or any other forum of storage such as a USB stick mounted on the box, as a backup made or downloaded would very quickly fill up the internal flash storage and put the box into a bootloop needing a re-flash.

Stanman
09-01-12, 21:18
No, is it s memory stick you are using, if so format it to fat32 in pc and stick it back in the box and go to blue button>VIX>Mount manager and mount it as USB

Sicilian
09-01-12, 21:18
Have a read here, similar type of setup http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?213-Basic-newbie-setup-procedure-for-VU-Duo-for-Dummies

terryuk22
09-01-12, 22:54
well ive been doing ftp in websites for 20 years and if i cant even connect to this box gonna sell it.
Given up ( so much for the given up smoking )
look in the for sale section

Sicilian
09-01-12, 23:01
well ive been doing ftp in websites for 20 years and if i cant even connect to this box gonna sell it.

You give up too easy. FTP port is 21, use filezilla, user = root and password left blank.

Have you check the network settings?

Markymark
09-01-12, 23:34
Sorry have to disagree and say what an amazing box the Uno is. It takes a while to get used to - I was a total newbie to the Linux box world and had to ask some silly (well now looking back they were) questions, however the people on here are excellent when it comes to support. I found that Port 21 was my ftp port on the Uno. It just takes time to get used to and you have to be willing to play and make mistakes as you go along.

Markymark
09-01-12, 23:36
If you have firefox download fireftp as an add on. That works perfectly well. The default user name is root and password field is blank.

terryuk22
09-01-12, 23:45
its just i was told it was 8080 or 80 and ive only just found out where to find the ip of the box - someone could have said this 8 hours ago
and also always used cute ftp but if ziller is better ?

Larry-G
09-01-12, 23:46

Well i can only agree with the others on here who have commented previously, I my self have a Uno and have had it for over 9 months and it's a very easy box to setup. Like all enigma boxes they are not plug and play but with a little reading and asking a few questions as you go any one can set one up.

It seems to me that you have it in your head that it's too difficult and that's it no one is going to tell you otherwise. If that's the way it is i say give up and get a sky box.

Larry-G
09-01-12, 23:48
its just i was told it was 8080 or 80 and ive only just found out where to find the ip of the box - someone could have said this 8 hours ago

port 80 is for the old web interface port 8080 is the new open web interface port 21 is the default port for FTP. as for which FTP client to use well i use a paid for version of Flash FXP and i have never had any problems what so ever with that.

Markymark
09-01-12, 23:49

No that is the WebIf (Web interface) port. You need to change that to 80 if you dont want to use the default 8080 that is set in the system. This can be reached on whatever your internal IP is of the box.

What I personally would do is go into the network settings and set the IP to a static one and then in your router tick the box that only allocates this IP to the VU Uno. This will ensure that you can always FTP into the box and make things nice and easy in the future.

Your FTP package doesnt really matter, just use something that you like.

Markymark
09-01-12, 23:50
Sorry Pheonix - seems I am answering at the same time as you.

Larry-G
09-01-12, 23:54
Sorry Pheonix - seems I am answering at the same time as you.

Dont worry about it, I would have been here a lot earlier in the evening to help but i'm at work and have been a tad busy for the last 7 hours. My advice to the OP is to sleep on it. read a few threads and ask a few questions, if your still hell bent on selling the box then go for it, but at least give it a chance as the spiderbox is a meer tinker toy compared to the Uno in my honest opinion.

Markymark
10-01-12, 00:11
You need to give it time. Actually play with the box and get a feel for it, then I think you will love it. Why don't you install a storage device, could be a USB pen drive, hard drive or even fit a HD inside the box. Really easy to do and what impressed me most was how wos even give you all the cables that clearly come with the box. That isn't something you expect these days.

I bet once you have storage space the the box will settle down, which will make you feel better. Then you can record some shows and use the excellent Webif. I have read how this is quite a new development - must admit that it's mega impressive and well worth keeping the box for. I believe remove timers are being workings upon and the streaming quality is amazing.

I use dreamboxedit to arrange my channel lists. I was surprised how easy to setup it was and how simple it was. Just make sure you watch that video tutorial which is knocking about on someone's signature as that gives you all the settings.

terryuk22
10-01-12, 00:25
Thats a very valid point marky

Sicilian
10-01-12, 06:03

Someone might have, but if you read your first post you claimed to have tried port 21 for FTP.

terryuk22
12-01-12, 02:45
thanks for all your help im still playing about with it just getting little niggles really like downloaded chan list that knock out my usual sat positions have to keep moving the latitude from 52 plus or minus 3 depending on list used - and the biggist ball ache so far sid not found in pat.
sorry for all the questions and a few rants but someday i would be able to help someone where i am today :)

Larry-G
12-01-12, 03:03
thanks for all your help im still playing about with it just getting little niggles really like downloaded chan list that knock out my usual sat positions have to keep moving the latitude from 52 plus or minus 3 depending on list used - and the biggist ball ache so far sid not found in pat.
sorry for all the questions and a few rants but someday i would be able to help someone where i am today :)

Every time you load a new bouquet set it also loads a new Satellites.xml file, this file contains the list of all satellites and their transponders your receiver uses. so by replacing this file your changing the list of satellites the box knows to look for,

SID NOT FOUND IN PAT is the message you get when you hit a channel that is no longer broadcasting such as a channel that only broadcasts between certain times or a channel that has changed frequency etc.

terryuk22
12-01-12, 03:18
i thought if u set up a dish 52.4 and 2.000 etc the dish should move to 0.8 regardless of what list that you use.
what im saying is ive downloaded 100's of lists with a another box and nerver had to mess about with the lat n long.
how do you also correct this sid pat message i tried rescanning the sat which did not write the right freqs.