PDA

View Full Version : Mounting an imac drive

andrew999uk
09-01-12, 18:42
Hi

I am having a bit of a problem mounting a Mini iMac drive.

I have 2 vu+ duos, one in the lounge and one in the bedroom. I have been able to mount them to each other so I can watch recordings from one vu onto another. However I have all my avi files for films and tv shows on an external drive connected to my mac mini which I would also like to mount and access from the bedroom vu. On the mac I have set the folders up for file sharing in system preferences with samba and afp sharing turned on. I then do a network browser search on the vu and it finds the mac no problem. I duly enter the username and password for the mac but then it does not expand and therefore I can't find the folders to mount them. I have also tried taking out the username and password and it still doesn't expand.

Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong? :confused:

silverfox0786
09-01-12, 21:56
got to menu

setup, system,network,afp

and make sure that is enabled and running

that is apple file system

you need that enabled for the duo to read apple devices

xarqi
09-01-12, 23:28
I'm running an old version of OS X (10.4.11), so maybe some functionality is now integrated, but what I do is use the Sharepoint 3rd-party preference panel to create network mount points for my external drives and then on my VU+ Duo specify the share names and user authentication information for them. That's because I was in the same position you seem to be - the Vu+ could see the Mac, but not any of the shared folders. There was also some issue with sharing external drives, which I got around with Sharepoint.

andrew999uk
11-01-12, 13:20
That's interesting and thanks for replying. I have tried to enable afp but it remains at stopped. I have restarted enigma with the autostart set and it still does not run. I guess not having this working will be the reason I can't see the shares as you say but have you any idea why the afp is not starting?

silverfox0786
11-01-12, 13:21
That's interesting and thanks for replying. I have tried to enable afp but it remains at stopped. I have restarted enigma with the autostart set and it still does not run. I guess not having this working will be the reason I can't see the shares as you say but have you any idea why the afp is not starting?

will get this looked into mate

silverfox0786
14-01-12, 03:23
Bug found and fixed will be in next public update