PDA

View Full Version : tuner configuration

dan44762000
09-01-12, 16:47
just installed the World-of-Satellite-IQ-CoolTV-EPG-Edition-31-07-11

gone through set up fine but now i need to enter tuner configuration
i was on usals with a motorised dish

what do i need to put in the settings here

got no channels nothing at all , as i need these settings .
please help
thanks dan

Stanman
09-01-12, 20:42
it should be simple, positioner, than your lats and longitutde.

You will need to FTP acros a channel list - I would suggest Vhannibals

dan44762000
09-01-12, 21:20
have used smiple and then entered my long and lat although i am not sure they are accurate as some channels dont clear when they used to before.

my postcode is can you possible double check the numbers i need to enter
and where can i get a copy of vhanibals channel list and where would they need to be ftp,d too

thanks daniel

Stanman
09-01-12, 21:26
Enter your postcode here and it will tell you your latt and lonitude.

I have removed your postcode from your post as well, do not post your full PC.

http://www.dishpointer.com/

dan44762000
09-01-12, 21:38
ok thanks
now where do i ftp the new vhanibals channel list too

many thanks dan

Stanman
09-01-12, 21:48
Make sure you have dreamboxedit installed, its in the settings editors forum.

Than go to options and advanced and make sure allow duplicates is ticked.

also change box type to Enigma2 in profiles tab and enter the username as root and the password that you created. Click on the checks and if everyting works will come back OK. Save and than select send to box by clicking the box icon with arrows pointing down and up. than reload and i also do reboot just for good measures.

dan44762000
09-01-12, 22:43
Make sure you have dreamboxedit installed, its in the settings editors forum.

Than go to options and advanced and make sure allow duplicates is ticked.

also change box type to Enigma2 in profiles tab and enter the username as root and the password that you created. Click on the checks and if everyting works will come back OK. Save and than select send to box by clicking the box icon with arrows pointing down and up. than reload and i also do reboot just for good measures.

i would rather not go installing another load of software , i have a ftp client and know how to ftp into the box .
i do not know where the current channel list is and where the new vhannibals channel list i have downloaded needs to go .
i could prob overrite the channel list that is currently there .
thanks dan

Stanman
09-01-12, 23:10
Dreamboxedit is an essential bit of software to have for linux boxes. Its the easiest and best way of loading channel lists.

dan44762000
10-01-12, 14:56
ok i have got that software and managed to send the new channel list over , how do i now remove the old channel list ?
many thanks for your help .
dan

Stanman
10-01-12, 18:46
When you sent the new channel list to the box, it would have over written the old one?

dan44762000
10-01-12, 18:49
i know i had to export the current ones first before it would allow me to do anything ,
so if it has indeed overwritten the old ones then all is good , i have noticed i can now get the channels i was missing before.
so am a happy chappy .
thanks