PDA

View Full Version : Play Media without using Playlist

skater
09-01-12, 11:28
Hi,
Can anyone tell me how to select and play media files on the HDD without using the std media center, as it is a pain having to toggle between files and add to playlist, then play etc.
I am using the ancient dream mediacenter 0.9.3, as it allows any files to be selected and played, but would like to know if there is something a bit more up to date, or a way of bypassing the playlist on the std player.

Vu+ Duo with VIX 2.3 (old kernel)

dfdream
09-01-12, 11:56
I go to the recordings screen and change the location (yellow button)to my NAS or any other folder or share and play from there.

Much easier.

D

skater
09-01-12, 12:28
Hi dfdream,
Thanks for the fast reply.
What button / sequence do you use to bring up recordings?
I now sound like a total NOOB, but I can't bring up the recordings menu till after I stop playing a file. Part of the problem could be I am using a logitech remote, so don't always have the same buttons/functions as std, so may need to map a new button.

skater
09-01-12, 15:37
Problem solved, thanks to dfdream's comment, I got my origional remote out the packaging and presto, a 'recordings button'. I had never even put batteries in the origional remote, as everything is controlled by a logitech harmony, except the std logitech setting for the Vu+ does not have this button.....
Reprogram correct button to harmony remote, whohoo.

sonc
09-01-12, 16:39
Hi,
...if there is something a bit more up to date, or a way of bypassing the playlist on the std player. ....

Vu+ Duo with VIX 2.3 (old kernel)

Have a look at the Project Valerie plugin

DJS
09-01-12, 18:04
Problem solved, thanks to dfdream's comment, I got my origional remote out the packaging and presto, a 'recordings button'. I had never even put batteries in the origional remote, as everything is controlled by a logitech harmony, except the std logitech setting for the Vu+ does not have this button.....
Reprogram correct button to harmony remote, whohoo.

I use a Harmony One, and I found that the List button (touch screen 2nd page), brings up the recordings.