PDA

View Full Version : CCcam Freesat from Sly Card (genuine and mine)

Markymark
08-01-12, 21:14
Hi,

Decided to play a little further and see if I can get MY Freesat from Sly card to work in CCcam. Now I know I don't have to pair it to the box or anything, however what do I actually have to do to make this card work? Will CCcam update the credentials on the card as well? If so, then that Sly box can be packed away for good.

Im assuming I have to pop something in cccam.cofig ?

Many thanks for your help.

silverfox0786
08-01-12, 21:17
just create a blank file named CCcam.cfg

please make note of teh capitals as well

must be exact

place in

/etc/

then install CCcam and start it

thats it yr done

and card should update aswell

Markymark
08-01-12, 21:22
Oh is it really that simple? I have been reading around all day and couldn't find much, which is why I thought it must be complex and I would have to ask the experts. :)

silverfox0786
08-01-12, 21:27
for a freesat card its that simple

for a payed card especially with premium channels its different and you need to add a config into teh cfg file

but you dont need that

although you can add a config into teh cfg is you want to it wont make a difference on freesat

i always add a config as it just means i can tweek the card and how it runs

but that you will have to learn your self as teh site rules only allow upto the info i gave you

Markymark
08-01-12, 23:05
Is there any reason why Pick TV is the only channel that wont clear?

silverfox0786
08-01-12, 23:07
there is no clear reason why it dont work in CCcam but it does work in OScam

punisher
08-01-12, 23:07
cccam wont clear pick tv, happened a few months back. oscam will clear it though

Markymark
08-01-12, 23:21
What channels will send the update signal to the card out of interest?

silverfox0786
08-01-12, 23:23
i dont think its any particular channel that does it as i have never noticed a pattern

as for oscam just for the sake of picktv its not worth it as it far too complicated to setup and wont update teh card nativley

so stick with cccam and bite the bullet ith pick tv

BadBoy
09-01-12, 08:11
i dont think its any particular channel that does it as i have never noticed a pattern

as for oscam just for the sake of picktv its not worth it as it far too complicated to setup and wont update teh card nativley

so stick with cccam and bite the bullet ith pick tv

Oscam updates my local freesat card no problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk