PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding Vu+ Duo

Logicearl
28-07-10, 10:10
Before I start, I would just like to say that the help on this forum has been first rate, thank you all.

Now for the next few questions. :D

1. Before I started to install the DE image, I had installed a fairly old Hard drive, thinking it would work, but alas it didn't. The image would refuse to boot. So I took it out and viola, everything worked. So the question is A) is it compatible? - Seagate 320Gb Barracuda ST3320620AS and B) If it is, then it looks as if it would need formatting, how would I accomplish this?

2. When I installed the CCcam 2.1.4 it asked me did I want to install the addon CCcam214_Full_Ez_del.tgz, so I selected "Yes" as I assumed it meant that it would allow it to be deleted if required. Am I right/wrong in this assumption?

3. Plugins/Settings - Is there somewhere that gives a short meaninful description of these, some are obvious, but others mean absolutley nothing.

4. Skins - In the descriptions, some have Vu+ Duo as part of it. Does it mean that only these should be installed?

5. Settings - Is there a 7 day epg for this image anywhere, as all I have at present is one that just lists the present program? I suspect theres a plugin somewhere.

I think thats it for the moment, thanks for looking, and hopefully get some more excellent replies.

SLOTH
28-07-10, 10:17
Hi mate
Q1 . its best to format it before installation of Hdd and installing it before flashing image (imo)
Q2 yeh you can delete it when ever u like
cant help with the rest , but i,m sure some one will
hope this helps
SLOTH

pooface
28-07-10, 14:41
2. As sloth said. if you do green -> yellow, there should be a delete/uninstall option. use this
3. Not really. Some of the plugins are available as a download on this forum in the plugins section, and give a description. Others, you're better off searching using google, and some, there is no description available anywhere at all...
4. afaik, yes, you should only install the ones listed as vu duo, as the others are specifically for the dreamboxes...
5. if you press blue -> red, you get in to the epg options. you can use this to download a longer epg for your selected channels. you're best to update the deliteepgproviders.cfg (or whatever it's called) with the one on this forum or rytecs own website (should be one and the same).