PDA

View Full Version : Openbox loose quite a few channels on newer firmware

Data
08-01-12, 18:34
I have a few of these boxes dotted about and with the newer firmware some of the boxes loose quite a lot of channels. I have found if I change the quad lmb from sky to a single lnb the channels return with a grater signal strength than before. I do have a octo lnb on a zone 2 sky dish. I swopped out this quad many times with various lnbs from sky. I fixed the problem with a expensive top of range inverto pro octo lnb. signal bumped up quite alot. It might be worth trying this if you suffer from this problem.

Sicilian
08-01-12, 20:03
I have a few of these boxes dotted about

What exactly is that supposed to mean? Are you some kind of server trader? If so your treading on thin ice here.

tomthebomb1968
09-01-12, 04:54
I think the OP is only trying to say that if your getting erratic reception in different rooms in your home fed from a sky quad or octo, it may be worth spending a few quid on a better one.

I found that some outputs on mine didn't carry as much signal as others. When I swapped them the signal strength swapped too meaning that it was a faulty output and not a faulty connection or a coaxial problem.

I replaced it with a tm octo which has adapter for mini dish fitting and have good reception in all rooms in all weather (well except during the blizzards of last 2winters) . You won't necessarily see higher signal strengths but they filter the noise in the signal better.