PDA

View Full Version : Which CFE bootloader? can you tell? what are benifits of latest image?

alibx11
08-01-12, 16:52
Hi folks need some assurance here.

Bought a Solo from sponsors end Dec 11, came with the then current version of VIX installed:
Kernel:2.6.18
Image: release version 2.3
Build: GM
Last update: 2011-11-18 17.24

Very pleased with the box so far and service from WOS has been excellant.

Would like to update to the latest image version released on 25/12/11 but need to know can you tell if I have the latest bootloader installed, just to make sure i did download the latest solo_cfe_2.0_usb.zip, hopefully installed it ok, booted the box from the usb, red led, orange led, flashing green led, disconnected the flash drive and powered off the box and on again, everything booted as normal.

Can i confirm the latest bootload version before I try to upload the latest image as it states that it can brick the box if trying to update image before the bootloader has been updated?

Also what improvements are there with the latest image?
Is it any nicer graphically? or are they all backroom improvements?

Many thanks for any help.

Sicilian
08-01-12, 16:56
Going by what you've posted the bootloader updated ok, so yes it should be safe to flash the latest image.

You'll find VIX_Night installed as default skin and yes there are quite a few backroom improvements.

alibx11
08-01-12, 18:30
Many thanks Sicilian, put the latest image on, powered off, inserted usb, powered on, installed perfectly, when green led flashed removed usb, powered down and back on again.

smooth as silk.

reinstalled my channel list and cccam etc. all working great again.. many thanks, just wanted some confirmation I had done it correctly before i took the leap...