PDA

View Full Version : Basic Dreamdroid settings for Vu+ Duo

edanto
08-01-12, 13:14
Just trying to get Dreamdroid working on my LAN first, but keep getting a connection error.

Are these the right settings?

Hostname IP - I'm sure about that, it's .2 on my LAN
Streaming hostname - leaving that blank
Port - defaults to 80, leaving it at that. Enable SSL unticked
Enable login, tried ticked and unticked, with 'root' and blank pwd, which works for dreamboxedit

Is there a service on my vu+ I need to enable to make it available on port 80? I've been through the setup/system/network menu and can't see which service might be the right one. Some are enabled, some disabled.

punisher
08-01-12, 13:25
U Need to look at the openwebif plugin found in plugins menu. You can assign the port in there

Stanman
08-01-12, 13:31
On mine I have SSL enabled and username is root and passwd is the one you created via telnet.

banie01
08-01-12, 13:33
Dreamdroid isn't working yet on the latest 3.1.1 kernel...
Unless they snuck out an update i missed?
I'm having the same prob with Krkadoni Enigma Sat meter app.
Just send a bug report and hope they update soon.

Stanman
08-01-12, 13:36
Using it on three boxes, ET5K, ET9K and DUO and using dreamdroid on HTC desire as well as a ported Android on Touchpad and its working fine.

banie01
08-01-12, 13:40
Weird it keeps throwing me a connection error on my Vu Duo :confused:
I assumed that as it was throwing me a similar connection error to the Krkadoni app it was the same issue.
I must check out my settings on the app again then.(and check I didn't miss an update)

edanto
08-01-12, 16:57
Thanks guys, my problem was not knowing about the openwebinf plungin. Cheers!

punisher
08-01-12, 17:06
No problem mate. Glad u sorted :D

vu-duo-user
08-01-12, 18:56
Dreamdroid isn't working yet on the latest 3.1.1 kernel...

Yes it is working no problems here.

halfax
20-07-12, 08:51
Yes it is working no problems here.

is there a dummies guide anywhere?
thaks

halfax
21-07-12, 09:27
is there a dummies guide anywhere?
thaks

can some one point out where i can put in the settings on dreamdroid?
i just get connection error - unknwonhost dm 8000.
thanks

Maxwell
21-07-12, 09:40
select the profiles tab, then press your devices menu button and add profile, enter the details, IP addy etc and dont forget to save it, once done just select your new profile under the profile tab

halfax
21-07-12, 10:09
firrst thanks for taking time to reply.
have select profiles but have not found devices button
all i have is-
dreamdroid
active profile connection state
default connection error
main extras profiles
dm8000

Maxwell
21-07-12, 10:14
you mis-understand :
When I said device i meant your android device as in phone/tab - for instance on my Galaxy S2 i touch the bottom left hand hardware button and it brings up a menu. :)

halfax
21-07-12, 10:27
got same phone thanks

Maxwell
21-07-12, 10:34
if you want to do streaming you will also need either the unlocked version of V-player (paid app) or Daroon Player (free) from the market

halfax
21-07-12, 16:21
if you want to do streaming you will also need either the unlocked version of V-player (paid app) or Daroon Player (free) from the market

still no sucess
profile vuduo
hostname or ip 192168.1.*.
streaminghostname/ip 96.**.**.** (my ip adDress)
port 80

on vuduo
openwebif enabled yes
http port 80
enable http yes
smart services renaming for xbmc yes

are my settings right?

Maxwell
21-07-12, 17:14
Are you trying to stream over 3G, if so you will be sadly disappointed :eek:

Anyway for streaming over LAN my settings are:

Profile - vu
Hostname/IP - set same as the duo
Streaming/Hostname IP - not used
Port - 80 -------- SSL - not used
Enable Login - yes (box ticked)
user - root
password - not used

OpenWebif settings
Enabled - yes
http port - 00080
authentication - No
smart services renaming - yes

Daroon Player version is 1.2.0
Dreamdroid - 1.6.5

halfax
21-07-12, 17:37
a big thanks but had no luck can get vuduo working on laptop with openwebif
but no luck with phone.
will have a another go tomorrow, cheers

sploits
24-07-12, 07:27
Hi halfax,

http://www.dj-sploits.co.uk/random/dreamdroid.png

This is how I have mine setup at home but this only works whilst on my home network. So far I have had no problems with it so far.
If you want to be able to control your box from outside of your home network then you need something like a no-ip address or dydns. This is handy if you want something similar to the Sky Record app. Also comes in handy when I'm down the pub with my mates and I see my missus is watching something, I change the channel or turn the volume up and down to totally freak her out. she is still none the wiser after months of torture ;)

Stanman
24-07-12, 11:41
Can you post your settings for external streaming plz

sploits
24-07-12, 11:58
Sorry Stanman is that question aimed at me?

I haven't got it to stream externally outside of my home network. All I can do is use the remote on Dreamdroid and take a screen print. I can post a picture of that setup if you wish (although it is just pointing to a no-ip dns address).

If the question wasn't for me then please just ignore my rambling :)

Stanman
24-07-12, 12:02
Yes mate it was at you. just thought you had when you said could be controkked from the pub.

Do a screeny but remove you no ip addy please and other personal info.

sploits
24-07-12, 12:19
This is what my screen looks like:

http://www.dj-sploits.co.uk/random/Dreamdroid2.png

That part is easy, its just the setting up on a DNS server thats the pain in the a*se. Also it doesn't currently work on my box at the minute as I have just got a brand new VU+ Duo box.Tthe last box I had used the same no-ip address but I needed to change the port number (it didnt seem to like it on port 80 so I changed it to something random like 1212). Once I change the port on the new box it will work again :)

If you need a hand with the no-ip settings (I used no-ip as it is free) then I can help you out

paco
11-01-13, 00:53
Hi guys,

I have seen many people trying to run Dreamdroid and OpenWebIf without success. Not sure whether the issue has been solved already, but here go the explanation and the solution:

If you have noticed, when you try to connect (with the right IP and password) through Dreamdroid, at the bottom right it shows the message "<1.6.0". That means Dreamdroid checks the WebInterface version on start. Now if you check the version you are running, go to http://yourIP:port/web/about. There you will find the tag <e2webifversion>. In my case it shows "OWIF 0.1.3".

And now, the solution. The value "OWIF 0.1.3" is returned from the file

\usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\Extensions\OpenWeb if\controllers\models\info.py

To solve the issue all you have to do is change this value to "1.7.0" for example. The REBOOT your receiver so the .py gets compiled to .pyo and try and reconnect through Dreamdroid again.

Happy new year everyone!!!

vu2014
03-04-14, 13:09
which player is match with dreamdroid
please say me
thanks alit
mx player unfortunatelly is very slowly