PDA

View Full Version : Ultimo streaming hd channels

snakie
08-01-12, 00:52
Hi folks,
I just wanted to ask how good is ultimo on streaming hd channells?
My duo is preaty useless at that.

Huevos
08-01-12, 03:04
Hi folks,
I just wanted to ask how good is ultimo on streaming hd channells?
My duo is preaty useless at that.Works fine on my Duo. Are you trying to stream them across a WiFi link, like to a wireless laptop? If so that is the problem.

Rob van der Does
08-01-12, 07:50
Indeed all VU+ & ET boxes work fine on streaming HD video. Apart from a wireless network (that almost certainly gives bandwidth problems on HD-streaming) a possible cause is the PC you are streaming to (as HD decoding requires a pretty mature CPU).
Anyway: don't blame you DUO, there's nothing wrong with that.

snakie
08-01-12, 13:51
Indeed all VU+ & ET boxes work fine on streaming HD video. Apart from a wireless network (that almost certainly gives bandwidth problems on HD-streaming) a possible cause is the PC you are streaming to (as HD decoding requires a pretty mature CPU).
Anyway: don't blame you DUO, there's nothing wrong with that.
I don't blame that box -I love vu duo(just want to get best out of it).

Sandman
09-01-12, 00:16
HD TV seems to be recorded at roughly 1.5MB / second so I don't know why it wouldn't stream fine over a decent wireless network?

None of the smartphone / tablet apps support HD streaming so I would assume the limitation is with them rather than the wireless network!

Rob van der Does
09-01-12, 06:52
HD TV seems to be recorded at roughly 1.5MB / second so I don't know why it wouldn't stream fine over a decent wireless network?
Did you try it?

Huevos
09-01-12, 18:37
HD TV seems to be recorded at roughly 1.5MB / second so I don't know why it wouldn't stream fine over a decent wireless network?It's not as simple as that. HD channels can easily reach 17Mbps in moments of peak activity. On a Wireless G network (54Mbps) average data throughput after error correction is 22Mbps, and that is when there is 100% signal quality. Move the tx and rx aerials just a few meters apart and you won't get anywhere near that rate. Anyway the proof of the pudding is in the eating; HD channels stream fine over a wired home network, but not a wireless one.