PDA

View Full Version : I need the original passwd and passwd- files..;(

ozzie
08-01-12, 00:50
Hello All,

Today I bought a VU+ Solo with image (Blackhole 1.6.6) I was trying to login but I didnt know the password so I did something really absurd :confused:.

I deleted following files (passwd) and (passwd-) in the root/var/etc/ so now I need these 2 files from VU+ Solo with image (Blackhole 1.6.6) in order to access

via ftp to my new receiver.

I will be really very happy, if anyone can help me with this.

Thank you.

Greetings,

Ozzie

silverfox0786
08-01-12, 05:31
why dont you just reflash it far more easier and quicker

and it dont take long to set up the box

plus you can even try using VIX see what thats like

btw if you are reluctent to reflash it because you purchased the box from a pay server all ready to go then the support yr gonna get stops right here

Larry-G
08-01-12, 06:45
You could have changed the Password via a Telnet session by using the PASSWD command and you dont even need to know the password in the first place all you need to do is start the telnet session and enter the username, Then when prompted for a password type passwd and a password change will be prompted.

ozzie
08-01-12, 13:10
Thank you for your feedback pheonix and silverfox0786. I saw this solution but I was too late :smash:, I deleted both files (passwd) and (passwd-) before I find out the Telnet solution.
I still need these two files in order to login, please can you send me those files?

I don't know how to flash but I will learn it for sure. I dont want to flash it in coming weeks. Please if you can send me those files, it will be really appreciated.

thank you.

Stanman
08-01-12, 13:35
When you come to flash it have a read here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?1148-How-to-flash-your-VU-Solo-with-USB-stick

pooface
08-01-12, 14:37
Thank you for your feedback pheonix and silverfox0786. I saw this solution but I was too late :smash:, I deleted both files (passwd) and (passwd-) before I find out the Telnet solution.
I still need these two files in order to login, please can you send me those files?

I don't know how to flash but I will learn it for sure. I dont want to flash it in coming weeks. Please if you can send me those files, it will be really appreciated.

thank you.

Sending you the passwd files will be of no use anyway?! Since, if you already deleted them, and cannot log back in, then you won't be able to upload them in to the image :confused:

Best thing, would be to reflash the image...

Possibly, not sure if it will work, but there's a plugin (usually downloadable in most images) to help you change the password... You could try downloading this on the box, and hopefully it will recreate the passed files for you?!