PDA

View Full Version : A feature in autotimer that would be excellent.

dfdream
07-01-12, 21:38
All,

Id like to request a feature added to Autotimer that I think lots of users would appreciate.

When you choose an autotimer entry this menu appears.

If possible to add in a new line that Allows you to choose "Only on This Day." or something like that and that it can be turned on or off like the rest of the options. And if neccessary maybe an option in the recordings of EPG to set its default on or off incase some didnt like the feature.

This would really help the autotimer to work like the sky equivalent.

I tried to show better half about "adding Filters" thats not a nice experience.

(Andy I tried the request forum and I counldnt manage to upload . . . Sorry.)

Stanman
07-01-12, 22:03
You can do this in the filters so that it will only work Mon to Friday or specific days, which will cover what you are asking for.

Just need to explain it to the other half better and after a few tries he/she will get the hang of it.

dfdream
07-01-12, 22:24
Stanman.

Thanks for that. Whats the point of any menu option if its only a matter of clicking on 10 other options and buttons to do something that you dont need to repeat time and time again.

Currently you
click autotimer.
Click Ok.
click add filters
Enable Filtering
scroll to filter
Set it to on weekday
click new
scroll to include
scroll to day (if you can remember the day the program you what to autotimer is on.)
Click Save
then click OK.

And thats every time you want to set a timer.

Why would anyone want an option where you
Click autotimer
Check if " the only on that day" option is set
Click Save
Click OK.

You can do this in the filters so that it will only work Mon to Friday or specific days, which will cover what you are asking for.

Just need to explain it to the other half better and after a few tries he/she will get the hang of it.

Stanman
07-01-12, 22:28
Its not just a question of adding a line, its the work that needs to go into adding the lines of code to the image.

If it was completely missing from the AT than I could understand the need for it but it can be done albeit in a longer way than one click.

thats my pennies worth anyway.

Rob van der Does
07-01-12, 22:33
The first screen that comes up is only a quick way to set several items on the second screen that follows (and has to be gone through to be sure it matches all your requirements).

dfdream
07-01-12, 22:44
Twas only a request for a future version.

Its clear that ye dont see the advantage in this feature.

Maybe the programmers might shed some light on how difficult this would be.
Andy has taken on bigger issues than this and ploughed on, when he started the VIX stuff every option was 10 clicks to enable but look at where we are now.
The best image out there bar none.

Maybe for VIX 4.0
D

The first screen that comes up is only a quick way to set several items on the second screen that follows (and has to be gone through to be sure it matches all your requirements).

punisher
07-01-12, 22:57
ill have a word with andy see if anything could be done

andyblac
08-01-12, 01:34
ask the plugin author if he could add it.

dfdream
08-01-12, 09:47
Thanks Andy.

I cant find credits for the plugin in VIX for the plugin.
Do you have a name or email address.
Has the developer being tweaking autotimer for the new version of linux.
If yes at least it would imply that development is still ongoing.
I had assumed that because the plugin has been a core part of VIX for a while now that its version was managed by the VIX Team.

Thanks for your help....

D

pooface
08-01-12, 10:15
Have pm'd you the author's email address ;)

For reference, it's founder under:

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/AutoTimer

Stanman
08-01-12, 12:18
Also you can achieve what you want by using the timer function rather than autotimer.

It will allow you to record monday to - friday or just the odd day.

Rob van der Does
08-01-12, 12:33
Also you can achieve what you want by using the timer function rather than autotimer.
However with the obvious disadvantage that no corrections for changed transmission times will be made.

Stanman
08-01-12, 12:36
However with the obvious disadvantage that no corrections for changed transmission times will be made.

True but will help him out until AT is amended by the plugin author:thumbsup:

dfdream
08-01-12, 13:18
Thanks lads for the help.

I emailed the plugin developer so we can see how it goes.
If he does update it is it VIX that will implement it into the screenshot in the OP or is this screen part of the plugin.

Ta

D

Stanman
08-01-12, 13:32
Its part of the plugin. When a new plugin is created, Andy will look at incorporating it into the image.

08-01-12, 17:37

Glad I saw this post. I was just thinking about a feature where you can select only certain days and was going to make a thread. Questions being answered before I even ask. :D

Seems there's still loads more of the ViX image for me to discover. :thumbsup:

Thanks. :)