PDA

View Full Version : Gary Cahill Chelsea deal in next 48 hours - Bolton boss Owen Coyle

Stanman
06-01-12, 19:37
Gary Cahill's move to Chelsea could be completed within the next 48 hours, according to Bolton manager Owen Coyle.

Bolton have accepted a bid for the centre-back, thought to be in the region of £7m, but personal terms are yet to be agreed.

Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas said this week that club and player were "miles apart" from agreeing terms.

But Coyle claimed: "There's a chance the deal can be concluded by the end of the week."

Reports have suggested that Manchester United were interested in signing the 26-year-old England international, who is out of contract in the summer.

"There hasn't been any dialogue between ourselves and Manchester United or anything like that," said Coyle.

"When there's continued conjecture and everything that goes with it people are always going to throw up names.

"We as a football club agreed a deal with Chelsea Football Club and for me that's binding.

"The only way that will fall down is if the relevant parties don't agree. But my own feeling is I'm pretty sure they can get to a place that they're all happy."

Cahill scored the winning goal in Bolton's 2-1 victory at Everton on Wednesday, but will play no part in the FA Cup third-round tie at Macclesfield on Saturday.

Coyle said: "Gary Cahill will be one of those to miss out on the game, and it's nothing to do with the continuing speculation regarding Chelsea.

"He's one of a number of players that probably needs to rest given the amount of games they've played.

canthackit
13-01-12, 10:29
Cahill is really pissing me off.

either shit or get off the pot.

demanding £120,000 a week! :eek:

what for a no better than average defender:roflmao:

the day's of player power is coming to an end at CFC :thumbsup:

Stanman
13-01-12, 15:15
Another one who may be found wanting, he may be a big fish in a small pound now but could end up a small fish in a big pond and see his career slide ala Wright Philip.

canthackit
14-01-12, 12:51
i'm with you on that mate.

can you believe that he's reportedly got a 5 and 1/2 year contract for £23 Million..................has football finally lost all it's sanity:rolleyes:

regards: canthackit

Stanman
14-01-12, 13:02
i'm with you on that mate.

can you believe that he's reportedly got a 5 and 1/2 year contract for £23 Million..................has football finally lost all it's sanity:rolleyes:

Bonkers mate, PL players and owners have lost touch with reality.:(:(

Am afraid you will keep getting morons who moan and groan but still pay the ticket prices to justify these wages. Am a Man U fan and hate the glazers and have not bought a single Man U item since they took over or watched a game.

It infuriates me you have Man U fans wearing gold and green but still paying to watch a game:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The only way the glazers will leave is when the bottom line is being hurt.

I now go and watch my local team. The PL is no different to when I go and shop and change from Surf to bold, they are now Commodities and the punter is no longer a fan:mad::mad:

Have a read of Harry Rednapps recollection of when he was a player, its a world apart.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16357044

canthackit
14-01-12, 13:35
i'm obviously a CFC fan and have been for about 50 years :D

i'm full of admiration for ppl such as yourself and your stance, long live United FC :D

i agree wholeheartedly about the glazers at least Roman bought the club and used his own money to subsidise Chelsea, the Glazers use the banks money and big glazer pays his self and all the little glazers enormous bonus's each year whilst the club struggles to pay it's debts..............again footy gone mad.:smash: