PDA

View Full Version : Turn off Audio description on recordings?

06-01-12, 18:56
Hi,

I've changed my default settings so the audio track is on English instead of NAR, but on recordings I notice the default audio selected is the audio description one, even though the channel is set to English.

Is it possible to turn this off on recordings? Or remove audio description completely?

Thanks.

machare
06-01-12, 19:09
AIUI the default sound track on a recording is the one that would have been used if you listened to the programme live.
Presumably this occurs if in 'Auto Language' the setting 'Prefer audio stream stored by service' is set to "yes".

If you don't want 'NAR' you need to make sure that the correct sound track is selected in every service where it is broadcast.

Stanman
06-01-12, 19:24
Change prefer audio stream by service to no and it will take off NAR

06-01-12, 20:00
Hi,

That was one of the first things I did when I got my box. http://i.imgur.com/WaJpP.jpg All the channels (that I've checked) are automatically on English instead of NAR, like I want. It's only recordings that have NAR set by default.

I checked the channel where the recording was from just to make sure and it was set on English.

Stanman
06-01-12, 20:05
Have you looked in the recording settings, sorry near a box at the moment.

06-01-12, 20:10
Yeah I've checked in there and all seems okay.

It's only happened on the one channel at the moment and that's Sky 1 SD when recording Dog The Bounty Hunter at 1:10am.

All other recordings seem fine.

I double checked the settings and everything seems okay so I'll see if it happens again tonight.

Thanks for the help.

07-01-12, 02:34
Okay!

So I had a look tonight when Dog The Bounty Hunter started and in the audio options there are 2 choices. NAR or Subtitle? http://i.imgur.com/pwyfs.jpg

Selecting the Subtitle one plays normal English audio without audio description. However, having the "prefer audio stream by service" selected to no, does not choose this option by default, instead it picks the audio described one.

So... Is there anyone around this?

Thanks.

lscolman
15-10-12, 18:45
Hi,
I'm looking at a similar issue. I'm streaming recorded material to xbmc.

It picks the NAR channel when playing back. selecting the other channel without NAR causes nasty sync issues.

Is there any way to prevent the NAR channel being recorded?

Is there a plugin that can remove the channel from recordings?

Is there a way to manipulate the files recorded with the .TS file to manipulate the channel order? Does anyone know what the .AP and .SC files are. I believe they are something to do with cuts, as I had an issue cutting movies when I removed these previously.

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers, Lee