06-01-12, 13:10
Hi

what Is best image for ultimo
I know there Is Vix, Open Aaf, Vti, Blackhole
I am after steady performance and CCcam and Mgcamd

regards

Stanman
06-01-12, 13:12
It all comes down to personal preference and I would say try all of them but IMHO VIX is best.

sasho
06-01-12, 13:15
thank you for reply
does Vix have problems with Mgcamd as I read somewhere

Stanman
06-01-12, 13:23
Some people have had setup issues but from the posts I have read, all been sorted with help from the resident experts.

underzone
06-01-12, 20:21
VIX is on my Ultimo.... works spot on! (using latest cc.... 2.30)

sebake
02-04-12, 20:51
Vix is ok for Solo, Duo etc... but for my Ultimo i'm not sure... The vix image is still not 'Ultimo friendly' enough. (*Personal optinion*)
Maybe later Vix builds will be better.

sebake
02-04-12, 20:51
Vix is ok for Solo, Duo etc... but for my Ultimo i'm not sure... The vix image is still not 'Ultimo friendly' enough. (*Personal optinion*)

Stanman
02-04-12, 20:57
In what way is it Ultimo "unfriendly"?

Larry-G
02-04-12, 21:13
I personally dont get that statement The ViX image is virtually identical along the entire range of receivers we support. In what way do you believe it's not "Ultimo friendly" ?.

Sicilian
02-04-12, 21:14
I personally dont get that statement The ViX image is virtually identical along the entire range of receivers we support. In what way do you believe it's not "Ultimo friendly" ?.

My thoughts too.

sebake
02-04-12, 21:15
I'm not so satisfied with the lcdpicon functionality. This will maybe be fixed in next release. Also, in comparison with other images, I find the different menu's to download plugins, packages etc not really easy in use. Not that i'm a n00b but when you see other images it's plain difficult and not so 'user friendly', but this I also noticed with the Duo.

Another thing is the Ultimo remote. Until today I still don't see where I can use the keyboard. Maybe I'm missing something.

Short conclusion: I don't see Vix getting the most out of a +500Eur box.

Sandman
02-04-12, 21:19
I'm not so satisfied with the lcdpicon functionality.

In what way? Its completely customisable so you can amend as you see fit!

Another thing is the Ultimo remote. Until today I still don't see where I can use the keyboard. Maybe I'm missing something.

What do you want to use it for? Its generally used with the likes of the web browser or youtube!

What image do you think gets the most out of a €500 box? (and why?)

sebake
02-04-12, 21:34
In what way? Its completely customisable so you can amend as you see fit!

I'm finding it hard to add picon's. Why have a different size of picons when there is a 'default' size used by other images.

What do you want to use it for? Its generally used with the likes of the web browser or youtube!

This is probably related to the fact I don't find enough usefull addons and plugins in the lists provided by Vix.

What image do you think gets the most out of a €500 box? (and why?)
I haven't had the time to install a lot of different images but I've seen some with streaming servers and DLNA. (This is just an example!)

Just to get the record straight: I'm not negative about Vix, it's stable and does what it has to do. But I find the out-of-the-box image a bit basic. (no offence)
It's maybe just me wanting way too much.

Larry-G
02-04-12, 21:35
again i'm not really following your logic here. dont get me wrong i am certainly not having a go at you i am very interested in hearing your views and we always listen to peoples views so we can improve ViX where and when possible.

I'm not so satisfied with the lcdpicon functionality. This will maybe be fixed in next release.

we chose not to produce or release a set of LCD picons for ViX as we prefer to keep the VFD clean and personally i see no practical reason for having picons on the VFD but thats just my opinion. you can however if you choose use LCD picons in fact there is a rather nice pack by sandman.

Also, in comparison with other images, I find the different menu's to download plugins, packages etc not really easy in use. Not that i'm a n00b but when you see other images it's plain difficult and not so 'user friendly', but this I also noticed with the Duo.

well that is just a matter of personal taste but i find it easily the most user friendly menu setup of any enigma / enigma 2 based image

where exactly do you expect to be able to use a Qwerty keyboard on a satellite receiver ?.

as for getting the most out of a 500 plus euro receiver maybe your expectations are a touch on the high side ?.

Sandman
02-04-12, 21:41
I'm finding it hard to add picon's. Why have a different size of picons when there is a 'default' size used by other images.

There is no default size! Matrix over at BlackHole suggested 110x40 when I initially started making picons...I tested and thought it was a good size!
There aren't many VFD picon creators and any I've seen converted to a different size don't look the best but as its early days there is no standard...

Just to get the record straight: I'm not negative about Vix, it's stable and does what it has to do. But I find the out-of-the-box image a bit basic. (no offence)

I've only ever used BlackHole and VIX...theres a fair bit more customisation available with VIX but I wouldn't consider either basic!
VIX also comes with a lot less 'fluff' installed which I constantly found myself uninstalling so maybe you're used to seeing a lot more 'extras' when installing an image...I'd rather have the option to add if needs be (theres a lot to be said for a clean image!)

Larry-G
02-04-12, 21:41

This is probably related to the fact I don't find enough usefull addons and plugins in the lists provided by Vix.

I haven't had the time to install a lot of different images but I've seen some with streaming servers and DLNA. (This is just an example!)

I cant comment on the LCD picons as i do not use them my self but i again refer to my above answer.
unlike other images we strive only to include plugins in our feeds that actually work. as for streaming servers and DLNA go into the network section of the image and you will see those and many many more.

at the end of the day it's your personal choice as to which image you like and choose to use. i'm just curious so please dont think were having a go as we are not. we always welcome all feedback good bad or ugly.

sebake
03-04-12, 22:48
It's maybe just a professional misconduct of me (I work for a company that creates software for pharmacists and are always looking to be 'dummy' proof).

For the keyboard part I was expecting addons like Facebook, Twitter, Browser, Email, etc ... I know it's not up to Vix to create them but a selection of what works would be nice.
I'm comparing my Ultimo a bit with my Popcorn Hour C-200. It also has an app section to get more out of the player.

For the LCD part I assumed that if there is an option, it also had to work. Now we have a possibility to use lcd-picons but no picons are available for Vix. (or atleast I didn't find them)

Mr. Mister
03-04-12, 22:56
Here you will find all the help you will need for Sandmans VFD picons for your ultimo..

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14582-VFD-Picons-for-the-Vu-Ultimo-by-Sandman-Disccussion&highlight=VFD

nolan
17-07-12, 11:12
Personally I think the best image that i tested sofar is BlackHole.

I tested: OpenPli, SIF, VTI, VIX, OpenVIX & BlackHole.

BlackHole is very complete, except for the softcam installing, which you have to do manually.

Apart from that it's a fantastic image & LCD better than VIX.

VIX OSD seems to be bigger than what fits on my tv screen.

regards,
Nolan

Maxwell
17-07-12, 11:20
VIX OSD seems to be bigger than what fits on my tv screen.

Thats because on the TV you have overscan switched on and as a result are not seeing a full HD picture

Trial
17-07-12, 11:43
Hi nolan,
in the OSD settings you can adjust the size so that you can see everything even if your Tv has overscan.

ciao

Rob van der Does
17-07-12, 12:13
Or better: disable the overscan-setting of your TV. If enabled every video pixel is displayed as 1.05 pixel, thus preventing real HD-PQ.
And this is image-independant........

kaneguru
22-07-12, 08:04
works lcd4linux by VIX ?

Larry-G
22-07-12, 08:10
Try it and find out.

kaneguru
22-07-12, 08:20
i tryd, but cannot install. also on ET9x00

Trial
22-07-12, 08:46
Hi,
it works for me on my Ultimos. What is the problem?

When you have problems installing copy the ipk to tmp, log in via telnet and install it with opkg so that you can see more errors that might occur. lcd4linux has some dependencies that might not be on the feed and must be installed from a different source.

ciao

kaneguru
22-07-12, 10:42
i have tryd per extensions and manual also. but everytime i got message "cannot install ......"
but on openpli image it works well.

Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux (0.8-r2) to root...
Collected errors:
* check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux wants to install file /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/usb/util.py
But that file is already provided by package * python-pyusb
* check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux wants to install file /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/usb/_interop.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux wants to install file /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/usb/backend/libusb10.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux wants to install file /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/usb/backend/openusb.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux wants to install file /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/usb/backend/__init__.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux wants to install file /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/usb/backend/libusb01.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux wants to install file /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/usb/__init__.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux wants to install file /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/usb/core.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux wants to install file /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/usb/_debug.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux wants to install file /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/usb/legacy.py
* check_data_file_clashes: Package enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux wants to install file /usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/usb/control.py
* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux.

Trial
22-07-12, 11:38
Hi,
1. 0.8 is very old. I attached 2.1 and this worked on my Ultimo
2. your problem is that the files needed were installed by a different package. Install via telnet and append --force-depends and it should run.

ciao

kaneguru
22-07-12, 13:52
thx, but doesn´t work. plugin is installed well, but after check extensions " plugin not found"

i will switch back to openpli.

pooface
23-07-12, 08:08
thx, but doesn´t work. plugin is installed well, but after check extensions " plugin not found"

i will switch back to openpli.

Did you try restarting the gui to see whether it appears? As some plugins only appear one you have restarted gui...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2