PDA

View Full Version : channel list and other things vu uno

terryuk22
06-01-12, 13:08
i have had 3 years of a spiderbox so know that like the back of my hand.

Now im gonna go with this vix thing (newbie term) lol

understand i need a ftp client - how do i connect ?

now chan lists - can i swap all my fave chans to number 1.2.3 etc from say 347.409. 609

also are there softcams that open up other chans

if anyone done a few screen recordings of how to that a be good

also is the solo duo software the same as uno

Stanman
06-01-12, 13:18
i have had 3 years of a spiderbox so know that like the back of my hand.

Now im gonna go with this vix thing (newbie term) lol

understand i need a ftp client - how do i connect ?
You need filezilla and Putty to connect to the box. You will need the box ip address and password. The PW is set using putty. You will also need a settings editor such as dreamboxedit.

now chan lists - can i swap all my fave chans to number 1.2.3 etc from say 347.409. 609
You can personalise the channels however you like but there are pre done channel lists, one of them SIlverfoxes follows the Sly channels exactly, there are multi channel ones such as Vhannibals and Catseye.

also are there softcams that open up other chans
Yes but you will only get help on this forum to use your own personal card.

if anyone done a few screen recordings of how to that a be good

also is the solo duo software the same as uno
The Vix image in terms of layout etc is the same across all boxes we support.

My comments in black bold. Its a lot to get started but believe me you will pick it up quickly as long as you are comfortable around PC's

terryuk22
11-01-12, 16:26
starting to get the hang of this but how do i delete the unused satellites and put them in so it jumps to right numbers following the arc etc
using catseye as test list

Stanman
11-01-12, 18:06
You can either use the remote to do it - too time consuming or use dreamboxedit to do it on the PC and than FTP to the box. Right click on a channel the entire satellite and right mouse and delete will remove it.