PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] Setting up timeshift on ET9200 on ViX image

garry1312
05-01-12, 22:18
hey just received my HDD drive today and installed it.

I am trying to setup permanent timeshift. I have went to menu --> Setup --> System --> Timeshift then I have the following settings:

Timeshift Location: /HDD/timeshift/

Permanent Timeshift Enable: Yes

Permanent timeshift Max Events: 05

Permanent Timeshift Max Length: 180

Permanent Permanent timeshift Start Delay: 005 (unsure what is meant by this one but 005 is the lowest it will let me set it?)

Timeshift-Save Action on zap: Don't save (also tried it set to: save and record)

Stop Timeshift While recording?: no

Show PTS Inforbar While timeshifting:

After that when i press rewind I get the timeshift info bar but the screen is blacked out and does not appear to rewind.

Any suggestions?

I have setup the HDD within the menu and the receive is reconising it.

Larry-G
05-01-12, 22:25
have you rebooted the box since setting up PTS ? also as far as i am aware the 005 stands for 5 seconds.

garry1312
05-01-12, 22:29
yeah rebooted mate but still just the same

garry1312
05-01-12, 22:32
do all the settings above look right for being able to rewind live tv?

punisher
05-01-12, 23:17
Just a shot, try pressing pause first instead of rewind then play and then rewind...

garry1312
05-01-12, 23:32
dont want to do it that way mate it does work that way but I want permanent timeshift so that all I have to do is press rewind. If this is not possible I think I have a permanent timeshift Enigma2 addon on the old computer that i could dig out but thought as it gave the option of permanent timeshift that it would be available.

punisher
06-01-12, 00:02
i know its not ideal and im sure we did fix this in a previous build, but let me clarify with devs and see whats happened

tsx
06-01-12, 00:41
Just to support Gary I have the same 'feature' it mentions something about high speed not available and will only go 2x rewind max, but it does work properly after pause, play, rewind.

Vix 2.3 build 161 (IIRC, latest anyway)

garry1312
06-01-12, 02:33
Just to support Gary I have the same 'feature' it mentions something about high speed not available and will only go 2x rewind max, but it does work properly after pause, play, rewind.

Vix 2.3 build 161 (IIRC, latest anyway)

Yeah same here mate 2.3 build 161. I dont even get 2x rewind max it will say it is doing 2x rewind but just a black screen. Does work after pausing or pressing the timeshift button but that defeats the purpose of permanent timeshift.

Hope to see it sorted in the next update as permanent timeshift is something in this house we use often and its impossible to remember to pause or press timshift every time you zap to a new channel also impractical.

Shame as love the image in every other way.

garry1312
06-01-12, 02:34
Also is there a way to remove the timeshift addon that is built in as I have tried to add two different permanent timeshift addons which I know to work but think the current one is stopping me from adding either?

Rob van der Does
06-01-12, 05:29
Also is there a way to remove the timeshift addon that is built in as I have tried to add two different permanent timeshift addons which I know to work but think the current one is stopping me from adding either?
Don't try to push us mate: haven't you read half an hour earlyer:

I know its not ideal and im sure we did fix this in a previous build, but let me clarify with devs and see what's happened

Any add-on will not work. We have done a tremendous job by getting PTS to work properly in ViX: it doesn't work (properly) in any other image (AFAIK).
If there might be a problem atm, give us a chance to repair that: pushing doesn't help.

garry1312
06-01-12, 10:10
I am not trying to push anyone!

I was just stating or more asking if there was a solution that I could try myself, I am in my right to try what I think may or may not help the situation.

But I am clearly not pushing anyone! pushing would be saying i want the team to resolve the issue right now, which I have not done nor would I. I understand that things can take time and be a working progress.

All I asked was how to remove the current one myself so that I could try another solution myself so clearly you was not listening to my post and jumping on the defensive side when I am not critisising the team or the image!

Larry-G
06-01-12, 12:46
Don't worry mate that's just robs way of saying please be patient. PTS was working properly the last time I tested it without the need to press pause first. If there is something stopping it working as it should, we will resolve that in due time.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

garry1312
06-01-12, 12:59
Thanks mate will keep my eyes posted on whats happening.

Keep up the good work use are doing a fantastic job.

Rob van der Does
06-01-12, 15:55
All I asked was how to remove the current one myself so that I could try another solution myself...
Well, that is not possible, as the PTS-functionality is embedded in the image.

d(r)iver
06-01-12, 17:32
Is there away to see the previous program or channel with permanent time scan? When you go with the computer to the timescan directory you see that they are there, but I haven't found a way to see them. You probably can change the file type and watch them on the computer, but there should be an easier way. I also have noticed that the number buttons for jumping forward and backward aren't working anymore.

Larry-G
06-01-12, 22:38
Ok just tested PTS on my Duo and its working exactly as it should. IE I change to a channel then after a minute or so press the rewind button and it rewinds as expected without the need to press the pause button at all.

here are my PTS settings on the box.

I have also tested this on my Uno with the same results, this is on the experimental image build 170 for both boxes.

also the number buttons for Fast forward and Rewind etc are not functioning but i never use those.

garry1312
06-01-12, 23:02
Well, that is not possible, as the PTS-functionality is embedded in the image.

That answer would have been fine mate and I would have accepted that.

I was looking for a temp fix or solution at my end in the meantime if possible, I never meant to come across as if I was pushing ViX or being impatient. As I have mentioned on here and another forum that I frequently use is that I am very impressed with the ViX image, the PTS is only a small hurdle that I am sure will be resolved at some point, I have every faith that use can resolve it and take on what users bring up. This does not alter how I feel about the image and does not in the slightest put me off the ViX image.

Just logged on but noticed Pheonix has posted a screenshot of his Duo settings so will take a look at them try the same settings and post back :)

garry1312
06-01-12, 23:09
Ok just tested PTS on my Duo and its working exactly as it should. IE I change to a channel then after a minute or so press the rewind button and it rewinds as expected without the need to press the pause button at all.

here are my PTS settings on the box.

I have also tested this on my Uno with the same results, this is on the experimental image build 170 for both boxes.

also the number buttons for Fast forward and Rewind etc are not functioning but i never use those.

Tried these settings mate just the same result.

tsx
06-01-12, 23:11
Pheonix: On my ET9200 I have the same settings apart from the 'Timeshift - Save action on zap' is set to 'ask user' I'll try save and stop later. Not 100% on what this actually does, so... lets see.

ps. thanks to the team for all the hard work put into this image. TBH if the only issues are like these ones, that pretty bloody outstanding.:thumbsup:

tsx
09-01-12, 14:16
Clutching at straws, I reset to defaults again, and have even tried the new drivers, but i'm still having issues with PTS.

Is there anything else worth trying to help track this down, or should I wait until a new update or similar?

thanks

garry1312
15-01-12, 20:57
Any update on this issue yet?

Is it even possible on the ET9200? As I have never had any issue with PTS on any other Enigma2 receiver always worked flawlessly. Now tried two other images with the same result. Is it maybe the new drivers? Starting to wish I went with a Duo as with a baby in our house we need a receiver that we can rewind things back when we miss something.

Also someone mentioned that it worked on a previous version of ViX what version was this so that I can try that out?

tsx
15-01-12, 21:17
Basically what I have tried so far:

Changed HDD format to ext2 as suggest on a german forum. Result: possibly less hangs but timeshift still had issues rewinding etc... (could be a trick of the mind?)
Tried openpli. Result: exactly the same.
Tried openaaf. Result: exactly the same.

Tried hdf 4.6. Result: No timeshift issues. But nowhere near a nice as VIX!!! As much as the timeshift issue is annoying, I really would like to stay with VIX look and feel.:thumbsup:

garry1312
15-01-12, 21:24
yeah tried openaaf and clarke tech images. same timeshift issues but found them both to provide better picture quality.

Like the feel of ViX image and there EPG guide but will give the hdf image a try and hopefully on ViX's next update PTS and picture quality will be resolved.

Rob van der Does
15-01-12, 21:49
yeah tried openaaf and clarke tech images. same timeshift issues but found them both to provide better picture quality.
Picture quality is ONLY driver dependant. And we all use the same drivers.......

garry1312
15-01-12, 21:51
I did see a improvement on others.

machare
16-01-12, 01:40
Ok just tested PTS on my Duo and its working exactly as it should. IE I change to a channel then after a minute or so press the rewind button and it rewinds as expected without the need to press the pause button at all.Is it agreed that this does not work on an ET9x00?

Rob van der Does
16-01-12, 06:36
I did see a improvement on others.
The only thing could be that other images use other defaults for scaler-sharpness.

Is it agreed that this does not work on an ET9x00?
I think we can say that on ET9x00 there are problems with TimeShift. As the image is the same as for all others, this might be driver related.

garry1312
16-01-12, 10:05
Thanks for the reply mate someone mentioned in this thread that ViX had timeshift working on a previous version. Do you know what version that is?

machare
16-01-12, 12:14
I think we can say that on ET9x00 there are problems with TimeShift. As the image is the same as for all others, this might be driver related.AFAICT with an ET9x00, If you press the << button whilst watching a programme live without timeshift, then there is no rewind, however if you are already watch with some delay then the << button works correctly. - HTH

Rob van der Does
16-01-12, 12:27
AFAICT with an ET9x00, If you press the << button whilst watching a programme live without timeshift, then there is no rewind, however if you are already watch with some delay then the << button works correctly. - HTH
Nope you'll also get stuck then. Play a bit with FF/FB etc.

tsx
16-01-12, 12:47
I don't suppose anyone has been able to have a peak at hdf4.6? as I'm still trying to workout what could be different. The changelog can't be right as its a redirect to openpli's one and on that it didn't work for me, so they must have tweaked something, surely.

andyblac
17-01-12, 04:35
this has been fixed for next update.

garry1312
17-01-12, 10:47
this has been fixed for next update.

Thanks mate look forward to seen the next update.

garry1312
31-01-12, 15:42
Updated over the weekend there and PTS is now working thanks very much ViX team :)