PDA

View Full Version : New VU Solo... What a niffty receiver... Thanks WOS

dfdream
05-01-12, 21:36
Solo arrived today.

Thanks WOS for the help.
Definitely the best choice. (with the Duo).
45 mins all setup and working a charm.

1 question.
Is there a way to watch all of a a program on solo being recorded on Duo.
I start playback when program is being recorded for 10 mins but the playback only lasts 10 mins and doesnt continue with playback of the rest of the recording.

I dont think there is a solution but its not a biggie.

One other thing.
Is it possible to have the recordings screen go back to the default every time instead of going to the last screen that was opened.

D

silverfox0786
06-01-12, 00:53
you can watch DUO recordings on SOLO by setting up a NFS share on SOLO reading DUO hdd

just use network browser

if you set use as HDD then anything you record via the SOLO will record back to the DUO hdd and even when you press the recoded items button on remote it will show you the DUO hdd

dfdream
06-01-12, 12:00
Thanks Silverfox.

I can playback and record from the solo to the duo. Thats fine.
I hadnt set the Use as HDD option. That should sort the the recordings screen. But what Id like is that say I was playing a film from my NAS and went back to the recordings menu hours later the recordings list would open to the NAS folder but Id prefer if it went back to the default hdd/movie folder. 2 reasons others in the house dont like having to get back to hdd/movie folder and also the NAS can be offline meaning a delay while it tries to communicate to NAS (its a media PC thats not always on).

The issue with the recordings playback is
If I record a program from 8pm to 9pm on DUO. I start playback on duo at 8.30 I can watch the whole hour of the program.
I start playback on solo of the DUO recording above at 8.30 I can watch onloy watch the first 30 mins (8-8.30) of the program, If I go back to recordings menu and play again the rest of it is there..

you can watch DUO recordings on SOLO by setting up a NFS share on SOLO reading DUO hdd

just use network browser

if you set use as HDD then anything you record via the SOLO will record back to the DUO hdd and even when you press the recoded items button on remote it will show you the DUO hdd

Stanman
06-01-12, 13:52
As for the folder list, I don't think this is possible and I have not found a way apart from changing it via the yellow button.

I will raise the recording issue with Andy and see if anything can be done about it.