PDA

View Full Version : [CrossEPG-Other] Any way to add more channels to the OpenTV 28.2 Source?

mcquaim
05-01-12, 17:02
Hi there,

Is there any way that I can get the downloader to grab data for extra channels?

For instance, UTV+1 currently doesn't have any EPG data and I was wondering if I could update some config file to include this channel also?

Cheers,
mcquaim

Stanman
05-01-12, 19:11
Not as far as I know, the OpenTV comes direct from the sat. You could try rytec an dif you give them the channel ID, they can try and add it to their EPG.

mcquaim
05-01-12, 19:15
Cheers stanman,

I used to use Rytec but found it had gotten very slow to download so I switched to OpenTV.

Perhaps performance has improved since then!

Cheers,
mcquaim

mcquaim
05-01-12, 20:57
I tried Rytec there now and it does update the EPG for the missing channels but man it is slow, 10+ mins..

I am only selecting uk XML too.. I now rem why I switched to OpenTV!

pooface
05-01-12, 21:03
I tried Rytec there now and it does update the EPG for the missing channels but man it is slow, 10+ mins..

I am only selecting uk XML too.. I now rem why I switched to OpenTV!

If you leave it to a daily download at 5am tho, then it'll go off at a time when you're unlikely to be using the box, so won't notice how slow it is ;) Depends how desperately you want the epg...

mcquaim
05-01-12, 21:22
Yeah, problem is the box is in the bedroom and it used kick in and wake me up! Ah, flick of a coin time, patience or do without..

Thanks pooface!

pooface
05-01-12, 22:29
Yeah, problem is the box is in the bedroom and it used kick in and wake me up! Ah, flick of a coin time, patience or do without..

Thanks pooface!

lol, as long as you not got it all saving epg to hdd (i.e. save it to flash or usb, usb being my choice), and you ain't got a hdmi-cec tv in standby with hdmi-cec enabled on the box, then all should be fine. Box doesn't make a noise...

mcquaim
06-01-12, 10:05
Thanks pooface, I tried that last night and I can happily report no wakeup call at 5:30 this morning... I must have had the EPG saved to my HDD previously and that was what was causing the box to boot up.

Anyway, rytec seems like the best route to take as it seems to contain data for all channels.

Cheers,
mcquaim

mcquaim
07-01-12, 14:55
Hi folks,

For some reason my box booted up this morning at 5:37 (EPG download set for 5:30) even though my EPG is set to be saved to my USB stick.

The box stayed powered on afterwards also!

Is this a bug?

Cheers,
mcquaim