PDA

View Full Version : VFD Picons for the Vu+ Ultimo by Sandman [Disccussion]

ea.xlns
04-01-12, 17:21
Hey Sandman, picons looking good. Great job!

There's two folders in the zip file. Presumably the contents of Astra 28E HD Pack has to be ftp'ed to piconlcd directory?

What about the _MACOSX folder. What to do with that?

Thanks

Larry-G
04-01-12, 17:39
you can delete the macosx folder as it's redundant on Linux and windows systems.

Sandman
04-01-12, 17:39
Hey Sandman, picons looking good. Great job!

There's two folders in the zip file. Presumably the contents of Astra 28E HD Pack has to be ftp'ed to piconlcd directory?

What about the _MACOSX folder. What to do with that?

Thanks

ea.xins,

ignore the _MACOSX folder...the zip util must have added it for some reason!

Just ftp the .png's to your piconlcd folder in your flash, HDD or USB!

bassethound
04-01-12, 17:43
I have deleted the macosx folder from the original rar file and uploaded a fixed rar file without the macosx folder :thumbsup:

ea.xlns
04-01-12, 18:18
By the way, is the piconlcd folder already in the flash directory (of the VIX image) or does it have to created? If so, do you need further settings on the receiver?

silverfox0786
04-01-12, 18:45
on vix you will need to enabel them

but dont epect tehm to work out of teh box VIX uses a different size picon

72x46 i think it is

Ev0
04-01-12, 18:48
76x45 for vix

Sandman
04-01-12, 19:15
Obviously you can tweak the VFD skin_user.xml file to suit your needs...110x40 seems like a sensible size :cool: -

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/the_changing_man/satellite/4d1fd9aa.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/the_changing_man/satellite/99803a5e.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/the_changing_man/satellite/15ff7258.jpg

ea.xlns
04-01-12, 20:35
on vix you will need to enabel them

but dont epect tehm to work out of teh box VIX uses a different size picon

72x46 i think it is

How do you enable them on VIX menu mate? I mean I don't have a piconlcd in the root...

Anyone got instructions for a noob please?

Ev0
04-01-12, 20:49
How do you enable them on VIX menu mate? I mean I don't have a piconlcd in the root...

Anyone got instructions for a noob please?

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14062-Ultimo-vs-duo&p=103703&viewfull=1#post103703

ea.xlns
04-01-12, 21:03
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14062-Ultimo-vs-duo&p=103703&viewfull=1#post103703

Tried to follow those instructions but it hasn't worked, not sure where I've gone wrong. So my lcd picons are in the folder I created in root, called lcd_picon (as per the other thread).

Secondly, I wasn't sure where the lines go in the "skin_display_picon.xml" file. Wherabouts in the "InfoBarSummary": ?

Thanks

Ev0
04-01-12, 21:05
Tried to follow those instructions but it hasn't worked, not sure where I've gone wrong. So my lcd picons are in the folder I created in root, called lcd_picon (as per the other thread).

Secondly, I wasn't sure where the lines go in the "skin_display_picon.xml" file. Wherabouts in the "InfoBarSummary": ?

Thanks

The info from the above quoted thread, will need to be edited to work with the picon's posted on this thread.

They are different sizes.

Sandman
04-01-12, 21:15
Heres my skin_user.xml which i assume is pretty much the same as skin_display_picon.xml in VIX?

The output displays a picon if one is available and displays the channel name in text if there isn't one available...

I've also used the whole VFD length to display program name so scrolling & clipping is avoided!

ea.xlns
04-01-12, 21:22
Heres my skin_user.xml which i assume is pretty much the same as skin_display_picon.xml in VIX?

The output displays a picon if one is available and displays the channel name in text if there isn't one available...

I've also used the whole VFD length to display program name so scrolling & clipping is avoided!

Any chance you can provide full instructions for the VIX image?

Sandman
04-01-12, 21:34

I would mate but I don't use VIX! :eek:

I assume its similar to BH though and from the other thread -

Go to the file "skin_display_picon.xml" located at "/usr/share/enigma2" and add the following code to the InfoBarSummary section -

<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="LcdPicon" position="179,17" size="76,45" >
<convert type="ServiceName">Reference</convert>
</widget>

You'll need to change the size to size="110,40" to avoid skewing my picons (as long as you constrain proportions you should be able to amend to suit without much loss of quality) and then play around with the position until you're happy with its screen location!

Ev0
04-01-12, 21:37

I think this is the skin_display_picon.xml file I edited to work with the vti (zombi) 132x46 picons.

It "should" work with Sandman's picon's too but will leave a small gap (approx 22 pixels) to the right of the picon.

ea.xlns
04-01-12, 21:51
Still doesn't work... where do the picons need to be saved to?

Ev0
04-01-12, 21:53
Still doesn't work... where do the picons need to be saved to?

iirc I saved them to /media/usb/LcdPicon

ea.xlns
04-01-12, 22:33
what if I don't want to save to usb?

Ev0
04-01-12, 22:42
/LcdPicon should work fine then in the root of flash

ea.xlns
04-01-12, 23:08
Nope still not worked...can't think of anything I might have done wrong...

Ev0
04-01-12, 23:10
Ahh there is an option to turn the lcd picon's on in 1 of the menu's in the vix image.

ea.xlns
04-01-12, 23:15
Ahh there is an option to turn the lcd picon's on in 1 of the menu's in the vix image.

It's in the display menu, switched on but still nothing...which image are you using btw?

Ev0
04-01-12, 23:16
I'm using Blackhole image.

punisher
04-01-12, 23:20
in vix they wont work, they need to be 76x45

Ev0
04-01-12, 23:22
in vix they wont work, they need to be 76x45

They should with the modified skin file I posted earlier, as thats the one I used in the vid I posted around xmas time, using vix image with 132x46 picons

ea.xlns
04-01-12, 23:24
Hmmm...such a shame. I thought VIX would be VU+ Ultimo-friendly.

Larry-G
04-01-12, 23:30
Hmmm...such a shame. I thought VIX would be VU+ Ultimo-friendly.

of course ViX is Vu ultimo friendly i have never heard or read a more ludicrous statement on this or any other satellite forum in years. The fact is this is a very new receiver and very few teams have sufficient numbers of members who have boxes on which to test and develop. That development however has not stopped it's just not moving as fast as some of us would like it to.

ea.xlns
05-01-12, 00:16
of course ViX is Vu ultimo friendly i have never heard or read a more ludicrous statement on this or any other satellite forum in years. The fact is this is a very new receiver and very few teams have sufficient numbers of members who have boxes on which to test and develop. That development however has not stopped it's just not moving as fast as some of us would like it to.

I just meant in this moment in time with the VFD picons (I am still replying in the picons thread, right?).

Sandman
08-01-12, 18:36
I've updated post 1 to reflect recently changes!

Edit - I see you can't edit posts after a certain time period...could this be deleted!

Sandman
08-01-12, 18:38
Update - 080112

* Many regional variations added
* dozens of SD channel picons
* pack now contains 180 picons!

ea.xlns
09-01-12, 20:34
Has anyone had any success in getting these (or any lcd picons) to work on the latest VIX image so far?

EDIT: Following my software update I can now see the VIX logo on the lcd display so it feels like I'm getting closer...

Sandman
10-01-12, 09:13
Has anyone had any success in getting these (or any lcd picons) to work on the latest VIX image so far?

EDIT: Following my software update I can now see the VIX logo on the lcd display so it feels like I'm getting closer...

As long as you've updated them to your piconlcd directory they should display fine! (you may or may not need to create a symbolic link to the directory from telnet...)

remember they're 110x40 as well...you'll need to edit your skin_user.xml file to suit!

If you need help with any of that...let me know if you're using usb or hdd for the picons!

punisher
10-01-12, 09:28
To get these picons to work wit vix they need to be 76x45 so you will need to resize them

Sandman
10-01-12, 09:42
To get these picons to work wit vix they need to be 76x45 so you will need to resize them

punisher,

I don't use VIX but could you explain that? Can people not edit their skin_user.xml file and use picons of any size? Does VIX hardcode the picon size?

I can use any size picon (up to 256x64) with BH...

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/the_changing_man/fa3a1bd3.jpg

punisher
10-01-12, 09:49
I think its just the way its programmed into the image. the picons needs to be that size. As far as im aware there are no vix lcd picons preinstalled in the image. Im not sure if resizing them via the skin file will work, dont have an ultimo to try but if someone else wants to then go for it

Sandman
10-01-12, 10:57
I think its just the way its programmed into the image. the picons needs to be that size. As far as im aware there are no vix lcd picons preinstalled in the image. Im not sure if resizing them via the skin file will work, dont have an ultimo to try but if someone else wants to then go for it

Hopefully thats not the case...it would seem a bit daft! (and most channel icons suit wide)

If someone could check and confirm that would be handy...

Ev0
10-01-12, 11:19

I posted up a video just after xmas of ViX image running with 132x46 picons as used in the VTi image.

So editing the ViX picon skin does work fine.

ea.xlns
10-01-12, 15:13
I posted up a video just after xmas of ViX image running with 132x46 picons as used in the VTi image.

So editing the ViX picon skin does work fine.

Any chance you can provide instructions with the necessary files?

Thanks Ev0

Ev0
10-01-12, 16:53
Any chance you can provide instructions with the necessary files?

Thanks Ev0

Already have posted what you need on post 17 http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14582-VFD-Picons-for-the-Vu-Ultimo-by-Sandman&p=106353&viewfull=1#post106353

However it seems it does not work with Sandmans Picon's for some reason even if I change it from 132x46 to 110x45

But does work fine with the Zombi picons (132x46) as used in the VTi image.

Ev0
10-01-12, 16:57
You can also use Blackhole 1.70 and it will work with Sandman picons without messing about.

Sandman
10-01-12, 17:10
Already have posted what you need on post 17 http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14582-VFD-Picons-for-the-Vu-Ultimo-by-Sandman&p=106353&viewfull=1#post106353

However it seems it does not work with Sandmans Picon's for some reason even if I change it from 132x46 to 110x45

But does work fine with the Zombi picons (132x46) as used in the VTi image.

Strange...the only thing I can see is a layout difference,

your template for 'infobarsummary'

<screen name="InfoBarSummary" position="0,0" size="255,64">
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="0,0" size="170,18" font="FdLcD;20" halign="left" noWrap="1">
<convert type="ServiceName">Name</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="LcdPicon" position="123,17" size="132,46" >
</widget>
<widget source="session.Event_Now" render="Label" position="0,21" size="119,14" font="FdLcD;14" halign="left" noWrap="1">
<convert type="EventName">Name</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.Event_Now" render="Progress" position="0,36" size="70,6" borderWidth="1" >
<convert type="EventTime">Progress</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.Event_Now" render="Label" position="0,44" size="40,16" font="FdLcD;16" halign="left" valign="bottom" noWrap="1">
<convert type="EventTime">Remaining</convert>
<convert type="RemainingToText">NoSeconds</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="global.CurrentTime" render="Label" position="63,48" size="60,22" font="FdLcD;24" halign="right" valign="bottom" noWrap="1">
<convert type="ClockToText"></convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.OnlineCheckState" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViX_HD_Common/lcd/update.png" position="178,0" size="12,10" >
<convert type="ConditionalShowHide"></convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.RecordState" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViX_HD_Common/lcd/rec.png" position="191,0" size="26,10" >
<convert type="ConditionalShowHide"></convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViX_HD_Common/lcd/hd.png" position="218,0" size="18,10" >
<convert type="ServiceInfo">VideoWidth</convert>
<convert type="ValueRange">721,1980</convert>
<convert type="ConditionalShowHide" />
</widget>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViX_HD_Common/lcd/dolby.png" position="237,0" size="18,10" >
<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsMultichannel</convert>
</widget>
</screen>

and heres mine -

<screen name="InfoBarSummary" position="0,0" size="256,64" id="1">
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="0,13" size="110,22" font="ALTB;18" halign="left" noWrap="1" >
<convert type="ServiceName">Name</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Picon" position="0,0" size="110,40" path="piconlcd">
</widget>
<widget source="session.Event_Now" render="Progress" position="0,41" size="120,5" borderWidth="1">
<convert type="EventTime">Progress</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.Event_Now" render="Label" position="0,46" size="255,18" font="ALT;15" halign="left" noWrap="1">
<convert type="EventName">Name</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="vfd_icons/vfd_icon_txt.png" position="135,0" size="14,12">
<convert type="ServiceInfo">HasTelext</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="vfd_icons/vfd_icon_format.png" position="152,0" size="21,12">
<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsWidescreen</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="vfd_icons/vfd_icon_dolby.png" position="176,0" size="16,12">
<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsMultichannel</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="vfd_icons/vfd_icon_crypt.png" position="195,0" size="10,12">
<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsCrypted</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="vfd_icons/vfd_icon_hd.png" position="208,0" size="17,12">
<convert type="ServiceInfo">VideoWidth</convert>
<convert type="ValueRange">721,1980</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.RecordState" render="Pixmap" pixmap="vfd_icons/vfd_icon_rec.png" position="228,0" size="28,12">
</widget>
</screen>

My picon_default.png file is also a 110x1 px file....this means if there is no picon, the text for the channel will appear and if there is a picon, just the picon appears!

If you want help editing your file.....let me know!

Ev0
10-01-12, 17:36
Right sussed it, however it doesn't work with your picon's correctly, it seems to invert them for some reason.

Blackhole works fine with them though as they are.

Sandman
11-01-12, 15:00
Update - 110112

* All regional variations complete (including Sky Eire & Ulster)
* Some picons reworked and dozens of new SD channel picons added!
* Pack now contains 250 picons!

The download also contains my user_skin.xml file & custom fonts which make full use of the VFD display - This has been optimised for BlackHole so will require amendments to ensure compatibility with VIX et al.

Heres a short video showing them in action!

http://youtu.be/SwhXw756mwA

ea.xlns
12-01-12, 11:43
Excellent work Sandman. Any chance you can install the ViX image and try and make these picons compatible then provide instructions?

Big ask, I know, but it'll compliment all that you've done so far haha. :)

Thanks pal

Sandman
12-01-12, 12:47
Excellent work Sandman. Any chance you can install the ViX image and try and make these picons compatible then provide instructions?

Big ask, I know, but it'll compliment all that you've done so far haha. :)

Thanks pal

<screen name="InfoBarSummary" position="0,0" size="256,64">
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="LcdPicon" position="0,0" size="110,40" >
</widget>
</screen>

take a backup of your skin_display_picon.xml and edit the InfoBarSummary section to just contain the above...

reboot and tell me if you can see just picons on the top left of the VFD when zapping channels? If you get a green screen, just remove the amended xml file and put your original back...

I'd love to mess around with VIX but my box is live and I really don't have the hours at the minute :(

Alanp
12-01-12, 13:17
Where is the skin_display_picon.xml located Thanks

Sandman
12-01-12, 13:22
Where is the skin_display_picon.xml located Thanks

its in /etc/enigma2 on BH.....check and confirm its the same for VIX!

Ev0
12-01-12, 13:32
In ViX it's in usr/share/enigma2/ and it's called skin_display_picon.xml

ea.xlns
12-01-12, 14:32
<screen name="InfoBarSummary" position="0,0" size="256,64">
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="LcdPicon" position="0,0" size="110,40" >
</widget>
</screen>

take a backup of your skin_display_picon.xml and edit the InfoBarSummary section to just contain the above...

reboot and tell me if you can see just picons on the top left of the VFD when zapping channels? If you get a green screen, just remove the amended xml file and put your original back...

I'd love to mess around with VIX but my box is live and I really don't have the hours at the minute :(

Will try this when I get home. Where does the picon files go though?

Sandman
12-01-12, 15:13
Will try this when I get home. Where does the picon files go though?

are you storing them in flash, usb or hdd?

eg. hdd would be /media/hdd/lcdpicon

ea.xlns
12-01-12, 15:29
Flash, mate.

Surely there is enough space in the flash of the Ultimo to save it there?

Sandman
12-01-12, 15:33
Flash, mate.

Surely there is enough space in the flash of the Ultimo to save it there?

oh there is...

/usr/share/enigma2/lcdpicon

digi247
12-01-12, 17:44
Thanks for these Sandman got these working on mine from USB perfectly on BH 1.7

Thanks again

ea.xlns
13-01-12, 01:48
Nope - no luck for me still. Followed your instructions sandman but then my lcd display went completely blank. I guess I'll just wait until somebody else gets it working on ViX and is kind enough to share instructions...

Thanks anyway!

Alanp
13-01-12, 08:15
Nope - no luck for me still. Followed your instructions sandman but then my lcd display went completely blank. I guess I'll just wait until somebody else gets it working on ViX and is kind enough to share instructions...

Thanks anyway!

The same here but thanks for trying

Sandman
13-01-12, 15:49
Update - 130112

* Dozens of picons added including sports, music and news!
* Some picons reworked
* Pack now contains 320 picons!

The attached skin_user.xml file only works out of the box with BlackHole 1.7.0 - hopefully a VIX user can amend and report back!

Enjoy!

silverfox0786
14-01-12, 00:52
just to let you know guys the reason why vix picon is smaller and why sandmans ones dont work is because the vix VFd has alot of info in it and after all that space there is only lewft enough space for picons at the size of 76px

sandmans are 110px

i did ask andy to try get the xml updated to allow for 110px picons but he tried and said not possible as that would mean cropping and he doesnt want to loose the VFd information

Ev0
14-01-12, 01:02
just to let you know guys the reason why vix picon is smaller and why sandmans ones dont work is because the vix VFd has alot of info in it and after all that space there is only lewft enough space for picons at the size of 76px

sandmans are 110px

i did ask andy to try get the xml updated to allow for 110px picons but he tried and said not possible as that would mean cropping and he doesnt want to loose the VFd information

ViX can work with larger picons, this is the video I made just after xmas, using ViX 2.3 with the 132x46 picons from zombi (as used in VTi image).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gawx1S9lVGY

silverfox0786
14-01-12, 01:10
ViX can work with larger picons, this is the video I made just after xmas, using ViX 2.3 with the 132x46 picons from zombi (as used in VTi image).

looks like yr video only shows the picons there is no otrher info that is part of teh VIX VFd

Sandman
14-01-12, 01:16

sandmans are 110px

Silverfox,

The XML output for the VFD is completely customisable...yes I removed the clock and program remaining time from mine and increased the space the program name takes up but there's still room to put them back - I just wanted a clutter free screen!

I understand he doesn't want to change the default XML which is of course fine but some picons are hard enough to read at my outputted resolution, never mind 76px!

silverfox0786
14-01-12, 01:34
yes i agree sandman as i started a set of 76px picons specially for VIX and they where so ugly due to the resolution we decided to abandon them

and leave it as optional

but one thing for sure is andy doesnt want to loose the VFd icons and would rather loose picons then them

Ev0
14-01-12, 02:02
Nothing was removed, just shifted about into free space.

Sandman
14-01-12, 12:39
Nothing was removed, just shifted about into free space.

I'm still not sure why mine won't work with your xml Ev0!

Could you paste a picture here so I can see what you mean by inverted?

Ev0
14-01-12, 12:52
I'm still not sure why mine won't work with your xml Ev0!

Could you paste a picture here so I can see what you mean by inverted?

Luckily I still have ViX installed in multiboot :)

Sandman
14-01-12, 12:58
wow...very weird!!

The first 3 I could understand if VIX read png files oddly...the BBC HD one is just plain wrong!! How the image inverts like that is beyond me, where on earth do all the artefacts come from?!

Ev0
14-01-12, 13:00
wow...very weird!!

The first 3 I could understand if VIX read png files oddly...the BBC HD one is just plain wrong!! How the image inverts like that is beyond me, where on earth do all the artefacts come from?!

I have no idea, I even copied them over again just incase they got corrupted somehow.

It's the save everytime on every picon.

BUT the zombi 132x46 picons do work fine with ViX

Sandman
14-01-12, 13:15
but one thing for sure is andy doesnt want to loose the VFd icons and would rather loose picons then them

Funny....to me its the picons that make the VFD! without them its just a Duo with more text on screen!

ea.xlns
14-01-12, 22:21
Funny....to me its the picons that make the VFD! without them its just a Duo with more text on screen!

agree completely with this statement - my ultimo might as well be a "Vu+ Duo with a 3rd tuner"...

I think the lcd display would be better if it just contained the channel picon with the event info in bigger font size. Bit hard to see the event info and I'm only 1.5 metres away from the receiver...

ea.xlns
16-01-12, 20:35
Ok today I had a little mess about with the vfd icons (not the picons) and edited the standard ones.

I also edited Sandman's user_skin.xml to suit my own tastes.

Anyway here are some pics (excuse the quality) of what it looks like with Sandman's 110x40 and Zombi's 132x46 picons (I think 110x40 work best).

The attached files only work out of the box with BlackHole 1.7.0 - they will not work as they are with ViX image, so will need editing.

Great work ev0. We just need the ViX team to work their magic and make these picons compatible in the ViX image.

Stanman
16-01-12, 20:43
Great work ev0. We just need the ViX team to work their magic and make these picons compatible in the ViX image.

Please see post 62.

ea.xlns
16-01-12, 21:45
Please see post 62.

so we shouldn't expect vfd picons on the ViX image?

Stanman
16-01-12, 21:56
No plans yet by the team but any that are created by others need to a smaller size.

Sandman
16-01-12, 22:38
No plans yet by the team but any that are created by others need to a smaller size.

*no they don't* lol...

VFD <clean look>

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/the_changing_man/satellite/8b94f337.jpg

VFD with time remaining of current program

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/the_changing_man/satellite/f29a6faf.jpg

VFD with current time -

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/the_changing_man/satellite/dbe5b9d4.jpg

What information is missing from any of the above options that the VIX team would rather include over the picons?

ea.xlns
16-01-12, 23:12
*no they don't* lol...

VFD <clean look>

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/the_changing_man/satellite/8b94f337.jpg

VFD with time remaining of current program

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/the_changing_man/satellite/f29a6faf.jpg

VFD with current time -

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a263/the_changing_man/satellite/dbe5b9d4.jpg

What information is missing from any of the above options that the VIX team would rather include over the picons?

On my current Ultimo there is the ViX logo to the right of the display which is taking up a lot of space (and imo should be replaced by the vfd picons)...

mmcmedia
18-01-12, 21:01
how do i enable the last image please

Sandman
18-01-12, 21:04
how do i enable the last image please

'VFD with current time' mmcmedia?

What image are you using?

mmcmedia
19-01-12, 13:26
cough cough vti atm , ive found the 5 settings to change display but none seem to match yours
cheers

Ev0
19-01-12, 13:28
cough cough vti atm , ive found the 5 settings to change display but none seem to match yours
cheers

He is using BlackHole image, thats why.

mmcmedia
19-01-12, 13:30
ok thanx alot

Ev0
19-01-12, 13:31
No probs mate :)

Sandman
19-01-12, 13:33
cheers

The look is customised the skin xml for my BlackHole image!

I've attached it here so you can compare and amend yours if you fancy it...the relevant sections are commented so its easy enough to understand!

Download - 14120

ea.xlns
19-01-12, 22:06
I have edited the REC icon to match the other icons, and there is also a small fix in the user_skin.xml for the DD logo.

Good job - Will this work with ViX?

Ev0
19-01-12, 22:09
Good job - Will this work with ViX?

No, to work with ViX it will need the skin file editing, and even then I am not 100% sure if ViX will see the icon's correctly.

ea.xlns
19-01-12, 22:31
No, to work with ViX it will need the skin file editing, and even then I am not 100% sure if ViX will see the icon's correctly.

Another good file that's not yet working on ViX :(

ea.xlns
24-01-12, 15:55
L-e-g-e-n-d

BTW if I want to save it to flash does it just go in:

\lcd_picon

Thanks Sandman!

Alanp
24-01-12, 17:26
Picons display fine along with progress bar and program name no other icon is displayed would like to have the clock displayed and program info if possible any help with this much appreciated Thanks

Sandman
24-01-12, 17:34
Picons display fine along with progress bar and program name no other icon is displayed would like to have the clock displayed and program info if possible any help with this much appreciated Thanks

Alan,

if you edit the xml file you can remove the comment lines I added for the clock display! After you restart, it will then appear!

What do you mean by 'program info'? DD, 16:9, HD icons?

Alanp
24-01-12, 17:37
The desciption/info of what the program is about ie epg info and Thanks for your help appreciated

Sandman
24-01-12, 17:41
The desciption/info of what the program is about ie epg info and Thanks for your help appreciated

Not sure why you would want the program description on the VFD! There really isn't room for that much text...some long program names barely fit on the display!

ea.xlns
24-01-12, 17:51
I've been having a play around with VIX today and now have my VFD picons working :cool:

Notes -

1. Put the 'lcd_picon' directory where you want to store your VFD picons i.e HDD, USB or flash
2. I have made basic amendments to the skin_display_picon.xml file to accommodate my 110x40px picon size
3. At time of testing, my VIX_HD_Common/lcd directory was empty so I couldn't amend the position of the status icons to suit - you will need to amend the xml to suit my layout when these png's are restored!

Hopefully this is of some use!

Enjoy!

Download - 14252

L-e-g-e-n-d

BTW if I want to save it to flash does it just go in:

\lcd_picon

Also, can you help with point 3 as I don't know how amend the xml? Can you just attach all files and I can overwrite my existing ones?

Thanks Sandman!

Alanp
24-01-12, 17:52
Not sure why you would want the program description on the VFD! There really isn't room for that much text...some long program names barely fit on the display!

Yes sorry dont know what I was thinking of there i cant find anything in the xml about clock display only a line saying
remove this line if you want to show the current time -->

Thanks Alan

Sandman
24-01-12, 18:04
Yes sorry dont know what I was thinking of there i cant find anything in the xml about clock display only a line saying

Thanks Alan

Alan,

there should be 2 lines saying that...remove them both and the time will display!!

<!-- remove this line if you want to show the current time

<widget source="global.CurrentTime" render="Label" position="135,20" size="121,24" font="FdLcD;24" halign="right" valign="bottom" noWrap="1">
</widget>

Alanp
24-01-12, 18:15
Alan,

there should be 2 lines saying that...remove them both and the time will display!!

<!-- remove this line if you want to show the current time

<widget source="global.CurrentTime" render="Label" position="135,20" size="121,24" font="FdLcD;24" halign="right" valign="bottom" noWrap="1">
</widget>

Worked first time thanks Im new to editing the xml files so bare with me

mmcmedia
31-01-12, 15:06
Are we expecting any more vfd icons in the near future to compliment whats already been done

Sandman
31-01-12, 15:16
Are we expecting any more vfd icons in the near future to compliment whats already been done

I'll be starting on them again soon....what are you "missing"? Theres a fair few channels I see no point in creating VFD picons for...I'd rather get a decent 'core' bundle done for 28E and move onto 13 or 19E!

mmcmedia
31-01-12, 16:59
of the top of my head there was boomerang , qvc n bid where a couple i noticed was missing, the +1 stuff i had a crack at last night and was ok , and i followed your youtube video but didnt quite get the same results with color ones like vh1 but youve managed it + never used photoshop before either so at a loss , and like u say theres channels i have no need for either such as asian but i suppose someone will , ill go thru em to see what core stuff maybe missing
thanx for replying

mmcmedia
31-01-12, 20:47
ok i went through what youve done and i know u mentioned before that the +1 channels was not a prime concern , but there are quiet a few missing , iam not moanign btw , i seen your youtube tut and can do black & white pictures like your tut with mtv without any problems ,but its the color ones that are the issue for me would it be possible to do another tut for the color ones , that way i could complete a full set of 28.2 will u get on with 13 & 19 would that be possible

cheers

silverfox0786
01-02-12, 23:49
hey guys can you confirm you got these picons working on vix image

as andyblac has looked into them and they are greyscale and are not working on his machine as VIX will not accpet greyscale images

Ev0
01-02-12, 23:52
hey guys can you confirm you got these picons working on vix image

as andyblac has looked into them and they are greyscale and are not working on his machine as VIX will not accpet greyscale images

Yes I have had them working with ViX image, the last set sandman did were specially for ViX, but the zombi ones (132x46) also worked when I used them around xmas time.

silverfox0786
02-02-12, 00:01
not been able to get the lastest release working in VIX as they are greyscale

so very curious to know what you did

silverfox0786
02-02-12, 00:07
we been trying all day to get these to work [well andy has] and he knows what he is doing

can you show us them actually working on VIX image as VIX does not support greyscale picons

its practiacally impossible to use greyscale on vix so need to see them working to make me a beleiver :)

Ev0
02-02-12, 00:08
I just used the ones from this post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14990-VFD-Picons-for-the-Vu-Ultimo-by-Sandman-Download&p=111909&viewfull=1#post111909

And the xml

Ev0
02-02-12, 00:09
This is the vid I did around xmas time (you have seen it before), using the zombi 132x46 picons and ViX image:

As soon as the film has finished that the wife is watching, I will reboot into ViX image and take some pics.

silverfox0786
02-02-12, 00:10
same ones we tried from post 6 and not only do they not work but that was expected as they are greyscale

Ev0
02-02-12, 00:34
same ones we tried from post 6 and not only do they not work but that was expected as they are greyscale

Excuse the quality, but you can see it's ViX image from the DD and HD icons.

If you check current epg, you will see that pics have just been taken in last few mins.

andyblac
02-02-12, 01:00
Excuse the quality, but you can see it's ViX image from the DD and HD icons.

If you check current epg, you will see that pics have just been taken in last few mins.

can you upload all required files please

Sandman
02-02-12, 01:08

They were working for me fine the day I uploaded them in post 6! I have that set working fine in VIX and BH!

Ev0
02-02-12, 01:10
can you upload all required files please

The picon's are the ones posted on the link from before, and I used the files exactly as they came out of the zip, except I put them onto usb, and moved the lcd icons back to where they used to be (ViX_HD_Common/lcd).

I have just been playing with the xml so that it now shows the clock so I have included that xml file for you.

Ev0
02-02-12, 01:11
They were working for me fine the day I uploaded them in post 6! I have that set working fine in VIX and BH!

They still do work fine in both ViX and BH.

Ev0
02-02-12, 01:47
One more pic

Ev0
02-02-12, 03:09
Ok I figured I should update to build 204 just incase something major had changed and thats why it wasn't working anymore.

Anyhow they still work fine, and with a little editing of the xml this is what I ended up with.

ea.xlns
02-02-12, 13:58
Thanks Ev0 - Is your xml file compatible with ViX?

Sandman
02-02-12, 14:37
Thanks Ev0 - Is your xml file compatible with ViX?

yes ea.xins!

Ev0 has VIX running in dual boot so he has these tested and working in the latest VIX build!

Ev0
02-02-12, 14:50
Yes as Sandman says, the xml i've posted is working with ViX.

mmcmedia
03-02-12, 16:26
Iam 1/3 the way thru 28.2e with some added logos for the +1 stuff and some of the missing ones but will someone help with the skin.xml for cough cough vti if poss will post icons when done:thumbsup:

Ev0
03-02-12, 16:29
Iam 1/3 the way thru 28.2e with some added logos for the +1 stuff and some of the missing ones but will someone help with the skin.xml for cough cough vti if poss will post icons when done:thumbsup:

I should beable to "try" and help later tonight

mmcmedia
03-02-12, 17:11
ive used one of the xml files of here & put it in this dir /etc/enigma2/skin_user.xml
Without this they show some of the vfd icons but the vfd display isnt right in vti i have 5 different layout styles but i dont know if other images have this choice but with the display set to off the vfd display show the vfd icons top left with program titles underneath ill take a photo when ive done some more logos

Oh 1 more thing the dd , rec & locked logos the locked logo isnt all there didnt u have that issue

cheers Ev0

Ev0
03-02-12, 17:18
On vti the skin.xml doesn't go into /etc/enigma2 and it's not called skin_user.xml either.

As you said there are 5 different options, so there are 5 different vfd skin xml files in /usr/share/enigma2

As for the "locked logo" if you mean the 1 showing a key, that only shows up on encrypted channels (smart card shown in BH and ViX images).

mmcmedia
04-02-12, 19:23
No the locked logo is only showing half a picture ill dig me camera out and take a shot thanx

Ev0
04-02-12, 20:19
No the locked logo is only showing half a picture ill dig me camera out and take a shot thanx

Yeh take a picture, so I know what you mean.

mmcmedia
05-02-12, 10:57
14624Probaly a bit crude but ive circled the 1/2 key icon

Ev0
05-02-12, 11:37
You have 3 options.

1) keep those vfd icons and edit the correct skin.xml file for the setting you are using so that it spaces the icon's apart correctly.

2) Overwrite the vfd icon's with the standard BH icon's

3) Switch to an encrypted non HD channel and it should display correctly :D (ok so thats not a fix, but it will show the key correctly lol).

Ev0
05-02-12, 12:02
This anygood for you ?

This is VTi image

Ev0
05-02-12, 12:25
Or you can do this if you rather

mmcmedia
05-02-12, 15:29
Or you can do this if you rather

POST 125 That one gets my vote
cheers

Ev0
05-02-12, 16:32
POST 125 That one gets my vote
cheers

Here you go.

For everyone else this will only work on VTi image, no others.

mmcmedia
05-02-12, 21:27
Many thanx sir i will give it a bash and report back
Thank you very much

Ev0
05-02-12, 22:06
No probs mate.

mmcmedia
06-02-12, 08:52
Well atm that sent my box on a wobbler stuck in reboot loop at start screen vfd display keeps flashing when the spinner should be
Just gonna try it again

mmcmedia
06-02-12, 10:17
Ok now dont know what happened but box wouldnt reboot keep flashing the circle pattern on vfd when spinner should have shown , but yes thats excellent looks niceee , only thing id like to ask is could you change it big clock in standby instead of hdd temp , fan speed etc then that would complete it

cheers for your help

Ev0
06-02-12, 11:43
Try this then mate.

It seems VTi image takes along time to reboot or even restart if files have been changed, so you need to give it time to sort itself out.

ea.xlns
06-02-12, 12:18
Ev0, which post is the latest settings for ViX? Thanks mate

Ev0
06-02-12, 13:04
Ev0, which post is the latest settings for ViX? Thanks mate

Post 112 the file name says for ViX

ea.xlns
06-02-12, 19:20
Post 112 the file name says for ViX

Is post 125 possible with ViX?

That looks better IMO.

Cheers

ea.xlns
09-02-12, 21:46
Ev0? (post above)

Ev0
09-02-12, 23:53
The layout will be possible, but I am unsure if the vfd icons will work with ViX as they are not made in the same way afaik.

ea.xlns
17-02-12, 21:26
there was an issues with BBC One HD, here is the fixed version. it looks like the picons have to be 300 dpi for them to work.
if ok i will upload them to feeds.

if you are interested in maintaining them let me know.

This will be great Andy. Is it available just yet? Went through the downloads but I couldn't see it...

ea.xlns
17-02-12, 21:40
The layout will be possible, but I am unsure if the vfd icons will work with ViX as they are not made in the same way afaik.

BTW Ev0, channels that don't have picons don't fit into the picon area. For example, channels with long names or foreign channels are always cut short because of the limited space. For example, HBO Comedy HD doesn't fit and you can only see HBO Comed. However, there is actually enough space...does this make sense (if not, willing to upload photo). Do you know if this could be fixed or is a lot of work required? Thanks Ev0

Ev0
17-02-12, 21:50
BTW Ev0, channels that don't have picons don't fit into the picon area. For example, channels with long names or foreign channels are always cut short because of the limited space. For example, HBO Comedy HD doesn't fit and you can only see HBO Comed. However, there is actually enough space...does this make sense (if not, willing to upload photo). Do you know if this could be fixed or is a lot of work required? Thanks Ev0

Yes the reason for that is, the channel name is displayed reguardless of it there is a picon or not.

If it wasn't cut short then most channel names would poke out the end of the picon when it's displayed.

ea.xlns
17-02-12, 21:59
Yes the reason for that is, the channel name is displayed reguardless of it there is a picon or not.

If it wasn't cut short then most channel names would poke out the end of the picon when it's displayed.

Sounds like this is the only way to have it in the mean time then. I guess its fine if every channel had a picon though :)

Do you have the ViX file for post 125 by any chance? Cheers

Ev0
17-02-12, 22:00
Sounds like this is the only way to have it in the mean time then. I guess its fine if every channel had a picon though :)

Do you have the ViX file for post 125 by any chance? Cheers

Yeh it is the only way.

No i've not had a chance to look into it tbh.

ea.xlns
17-02-12, 22:11
Yeh it is the only way.

No i've not had a chance to look into it tbh.

OK mate - guess I'll wait. thanks again

Sandman
18-02-12, 09:08
OK mate - guess I'll wait. thanks again

I've installed VIX on my other box so I'll be spending some time getting the xml looking perfect!

I'll get a look at your preference over the next few says...do you want post 125 or is there something specific you'd like to see?

ea.xlns
18-02-12, 14:31
I've installed VIX on my other box so I'll be spending some time getting the xml looking perfect!

I'll get a look at your preference over the next few says...do you want post 125 or is there something specific you'd like to see?

Thanks for the offer Sandman. Post 125 does look good.

I think it'd be better if the current event text was slightly bigger though. This could probably be achieved by removing the event progress bar as the event countdown is already there and says the same thing IMO. Just think it'll look better with bigger text as you'll be able to see it from your sofa.

What do you think and is it possible?

ea.xlns
09-03-12, 18:15

Any news on this, Sandman?

Sandman
09-03-12, 18:17
Any news on this, Sandman?

ha...afraid not ea.xlns...

theres a fair bit to change as the current xml is riddled with issues so I'm still psyching myself up to spend a few hours on it :lol3:

Dell_XPS
09-03-12, 18:26
Sandman excellent picons m8, as per my other thread can you let me know if you do one for the new F1 channel and channel 5, thanks :-)

Sandman
09-03-12, 18:28
Sandman excellent picons m8, as per my other thread can you let me know if you do one for the new F1 channel and channel 5, thanks :-)

I did Dell! They're in the latest release and I PM'd you the info as well! :p

Ev0
09-03-12, 18:29

lol love it

Dell_XPS
10-03-12, 08:29

Didnt realise I had a PM m8, cheers :)

tigger
20-03-12, 14:53
Any chance to get a Lcd picons for AAF image?Thanks

Sandman
20-03-12, 16:08
Any chance to get a Lcd picons for AAF image?Thanks

tigger,

these should work on any image AFAIK...have you tried them on AAF? What do you see?

tigger
21-03-12, 00:43
What Did I see? NO difference....I like my AAF image and I think AAF is the best image for ultimo right now.So I tried Astra 28E Vu+ Ultimo VFD Picons for VIX by Sandman and 2nd what I tried was VIX by Sandman Edited by Ev0. I tried Sandman as first copy/paste "hdd" and "usr" to ultimo reboot and nothing ,than I tried 2nd Sandman Edited by Ev0 as well,So I replace "media" and "usr" ...makes no difference. Sorry guys for my english.:thumbsup:
BTW: Sandman lcdpicons are in AAF image as option to download plugin, but doesnt work as well.So I dont know if I am doing something wrong or just AAF image doesnt support lcdpicons..
Thanks

Sandman
21-03-12, 12:13
Tigger,

I'm sure AAF support VFD picons...its a top feature with the Ultimo so they'd be daft not to!

Best thing to do is edit your xml and take everything out except the line that shows the picon on the display...that way you'll be able to tell if its working at all or if you need to amend something in the image to turn them on?

ie.

<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Picon" position="0,0" size="110,40" path="piconlcd">
</widget>
</screen>

You may need to alter the 'path' but this code is pretty standard across images so should display the picon...if it doesn't then either the path is wrong, you need to enable them somewhere in your images control panel or AAF doesn't support them!

tigger
22-03-12, 01:14
Tigger,

I'm sure AAF support VFD picons...its a top feature with the Ultimo so they'd be daft not to!

Best thing to do is edit your xml and take everything out except the line that shows the picon on the display...that way you'll be able to tell if its working at all or if you need to amend something in the image to turn them on?

ie.

</widget>
</screen>

You may need to alter the 'path' but this code is pretty standard across images so should display the picon...if it doesn't then either the path is wrong, you need to enable them somewhere in your images control panel or AAF doesn't support them!

Sandman

I tried take everything out from skin_display_picon.xml.And see attached picture:

As you can see display looks different but picons are not there.I found in AAF image control display settings "show picons" as option yes/no.,but still same.Sandman if u wanna see what I am talking about ...change your image to AAF :confused:
So my opinion is that AAF doesn't support them.

tigger
22-03-12, 01:47
And I found "skin_display_no_picon.xml" in usr/share/enigma2.Do I have to delete it or leave it?

Sandman
22-03-12, 08:53
Tigger,

No don't delete the XML file...did you ask the AAF devs about VFD picons? I'd be very surprised if they didn't support them...I'd say your XML and picon path just need a rejig! (attach the XML file here and I'll take a look!)

tigger
22-03-12, 12:18
Tigger,

No don't delete the XML file...did you ask the AAF devs about VFD picons? I'd be very surprised if they didn't support them...I'd say your XML and picon path just need a rejig! (attach the XML file here and I'll take a look!)

I didnt ask AAF devs about VFD picons yet.So here is a basic skin_display_picon as u requested:

Sandman
22-03-12, 12:36
I didnt ask AAF devs about VFD picons yet.So here is a basic skin_display_picon as u requested:

Ask the devs...I've never used AAF so am shooting in the dark!

A quick glance says they should display if you have enabled them in the image and you have the directory named correctly - try lcd_picon, picon_lcd, lcdpicon and piconlcd!

ie. VIX uses lcd_picon and BH uses piconlcd

I'd stick a question on the AAF forum though to save you the bother of playing around for ages!!

tigger
22-03-12, 13:16
Ask the devs...I've never used AAF so am shooting in the dark!

A quick glance says they should display if you have enabled them in the image and you have the directory named correctly - try lcd_picon, picon_lcd, lcdpicon and piconlcd!

ie. VIX uses lcd_picon and BH uses piconlcd

I'd stick a question on the AAF forum though to save you the bother of playing around for ages!!

AAF is using lcd_picon, I hope so! There is a empty folder in media/hdd/lcd_picon,but I try rest and let u know later.
Thanks anyway

Sandman
22-03-12, 13:45
AAF is using lcd_picon, I hope so! There is a empty folder in media/hdd/lcd_picon,but I try rest and let u know later.
Thanks anyway

Stick them in that folder and reboot....sounds like that should do it!

b4ndit74
25-03-12, 13:36
Got your vfd picons working on my ultimo runnig vix, sandman thx, only problem i have is the clock is heavily cropped when unit is in standby and when changing channels, is there owt i can do or is it down to the skin_display_picon.xml that would have to be edited.

Thanks

Sandman
25-03-12, 14:09
Got your vfd picons working on my ultimo runnig vix, sandman thx, only problem i have is the clock is heavily cropped when unit is in standby and when changing channels, is there owt i can do or is it down to the skin_display_picon.xml that would have to be edited.

Thanks

b4ndit74,

yes...the default xml included with VIX has some issues! I've still to get my final copy out but in the meantime you can edit the xml and change the position of the clock!

b4ndit74
25-03-12, 14:31
Thanks for the reply, ill wait for your final copy, new to this so will have a look into editing the xml

Ta

lscolman
31-03-12, 14:12
Hi,

Been reading the various threads on VFD picons.

Are posts 6 or 8 of this thread
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14990-VFD-Picons-for-the-Vu-Ultimo-by-Sandman-Download

...the most up to date downloads for the ViX image?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Lee

Sandman
31-03-12, 15:51
Hi,

Been reading the various threads on VFD picons.

Are posts 6 or 8 of this thread
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14990-VFD-Picons-for-the-Vu-Ultimo-by-Sandman-Download

...the most up to date downloads for the ViX image?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Lee

Lee,

The latest post - post 12 has the most recent updates!

scoot1690
31-03-12, 16:27
time for an update sandman starting with 30 west :-)

Sandman
31-03-12, 16:29
time for an update sandman starting with 30 west :-)

I can't even receive 30W Scoot :p

An update is due right enough...I'll see what I can do with 28E this week...

Stanman
31-03-12, 16:33
Sandman, any chance you could align your 28.2E picons with silverfoxe settings?

Sandman
31-03-12, 23:17
Sandman, any chance you could align your 28.2E picons with silverfoxe settings?

My VFD ones? Obviously they're not a full set...what are you missing that you want? I'm going to try and get a day next week to fill a load of gaps!

lscolman
02-04-12, 18:38
Hi Sandman,

Ultimo has arrived. I'm struggling to get the VFD picons working. I'm using ViX 2.3. I want to install them on flash, as the hard drive isn't in place yet.

What is the directory I need to install these into? I'm itching to see these working...

I've tried putting into the root of flash in the following

/lcd_picon
/lcdpicon
/piconlcd
/picon_lcd

Tried rebooting each time. Enabled Sow Picons in Display Setup and rebooted each time.

No joy :-(

Cheers, Lee

Sandman
02-04-12, 18:50
Lee,

if you're putting them on USB then they go in /media/usb/lcd_picon

HDD would be /media/hdd/lcd_picon

make sure they're turned on via Menu --> Setup --> System --> Display Setup --> Show Picons --> yes

My picons are 110x40px so a bit of tweaking with the xml may be required (there are examples early in this thread!)

lscolman
02-04-12, 18:55
Hi Sandman,

I was hoping to put them in flash. Is that possible, and what would I have to amend to read them from flash instead?

Cheers, Lee

Sandman
02-04-12, 19:02
Hi Sandman,

I was hoping to put them in flash. Is that possible, and what would I have to amend to read them from flash instead?

Cheers, Lee

Lee,

yes..you can, with a few caveats - some say it can prematurely wear the flash out (don't know if it has ever happened though!) and you may run out of flash space....keep an eye on it!

path - /share/enigma2/lcd_picon

(I've never tried it in flash but that should work!)

lscolman
02-04-12, 21:58
Hi Sandman,

I've tried for hours to get this working, and I'm having no luck. I work with Unix systems, so thought I would get this working straight away?

OK, some questions:-

Does this only work with certain ViX Skins? If so, do you know which one you used? I'm considering re-flashing my box and starting again.

How does the system know whether you are using Flash, HDD or USB? I've tried Flash and HDD, and not working. Is this tied to the .xml file? There doesn't seem to be anything in there? Is there some other setting I may be missing. I have Visual VFD enabled in the Display setting in the Menu.

What is the directory name for the picons. There seem to be lots of variants reported, 5 at least that I have seen in the two threads, including Lcd_picon, lcdpicon, lcd_picon, picon_lcd and piconlcd. Are these specific to different Vu+ Operating systems? Is this within the .xml file?

I've been so looking forward to getting this working, and I'm disappointed in myself not being able to sort this...

Cheers, Lee

Sandman
02-04-12, 22:14
Does this only work with certain ViX Skins? If so, do you know which one you used? I'm considering re-flashing my box and starting again.

No...it should work fine with every skin...all settings are in a separate xml file!

How does the system know whether you are using Flash, HDD or USB? I've tried Flash and HDD, and not working. Is this tied to the .xml file? There doesn't seem to be anything in there? Is there some other setting I may be missing. I have Visual VFD enabled in the Display setting in the Menu.

Its set to auto recognise where you have them...the xml should work out of the box but may require a visual tweak or 2! I reflashed earlier today and only needed to 'show picons' in 'display setup'!

What is the directory name for the picons. There seem to be lots of variants reported, 5 at least that I have seen in the two threads, including Lcd_picon, lcdpicon, lcd_picon, picon_lcd and piconlcd. Are these specific to different Vu+ Operating systems? Is this within the .xml file?

its 'lcd_picon' in VIX...it varies depending on the image you're using!

So..for example, you've created a directory called 'lcd_picon' in the root of your HDD and put my VFD picons therein?

Have you rebooted afterwards?

lscolman
02-04-12, 22:39
Got it working. I probably confused matters by placing the files in multiple locations. All is working now.

I'll look to see what can be achieved my modding the xml file shortly.

Thanks for the great work, and advice getting it up and running.

Cheers, Lee

Sandman
02-04-12, 22:55
Got it working. I probably confused matters by placing the files in multiple locations. All is working now.

I'll look to see what can be achieved my modding the xml file shortly.

Thanks for the great work, and advice getting it up and running.

Cheers, Lee

ah good stuff!

Enjoy :thumbsup:

lscolman
03-04-12, 23:14
Had a little playabout with the xml file, and here what I found works best for me.

Kept the clock below the two useful logos for Dolby Digital and HD.

Kept the tuner indicators

Extended the progress bar

Extended the program description and made the font 4 sizes larger.

It's been good fun!

I have my xml file stored in /usr/share/enigma2 and the picons in lcd_picon in the root of the flash drive. I'm using ViX 2.3

Thanks to Sandman for his assistance.

Doh! The pics are upside down. Far too late to sort that out ;-)

Cheers, Lee

Alanp
04-04-12, 06:57
Had a little playabout with the xml file, and here what I found works best for me.

Kept the clock below the two useful logos for Dolby Digital and HD.

Kept the tuner indicators

Extended the progress bar

Extended the program description and made the font 4 sizes larger.

It's been good fun!

I have my xml file stored in /usr/share/enigma2 and the picons in lcd_picon in the root of the flash drive. I'm using ViX 2.3

Thanks to Sandman for his assistance.

Doh! The pics are upside down. Far too late to sort that out ;-)

Cheers, Lee

Well done any chance of posting you xml so others can try Thanks

Sandman
04-04-12, 07:19
I was about to say that Alan! The more variations we have here the better!

b4ndit74
04-04-12, 16:43
Wots the best editor to use for the xml's

Ta

Larry-G
04-04-12, 17:00
Wots the best editor to use for the xml's

Ta

I use notepad++
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12004-Notepad-Latest-Version&highlight=notepad%2B%2B

Ev0
04-04-12, 17:08
I use crimson editor

lscolman
04-04-12, 20:23
Ask and ye shall receive...

Renamed from .xml to .txt to allow me to upload it.

Cheers, Lee

Sandman
04-04-12, 20:29
Cheers Lee!

If anyone else has a custom XML layout, please post it and I'll create an options thread so people can use the one they like best!

Larry-G
04-04-12, 20:38
Cheers Lee!

If anyone else has a custom XML layout, please post it and I'll create an options thread so people can use the one they like best!

good idea.

lscolman
04-04-12, 21:48
Any good VFD picons wider than 110?

I think the Sky Sports HD logos would benefit from a wider logo. They are very small on my display.

I would be willing to sacrifice the time remaining count.

Wherabouts are the zombi picons?

Cheers, Lee

Sandman
05-04-12, 09:33
Any good VFD picons wider than 110?

I think the Sky Sports HD logos would benefit from a wider logo. They are very small on my display.

I would be willing to sacrifice the time remaining count.

Wherabouts are the zombi picons?

Cheers, Lee

Yea they are small....a few don't look great because of their length and those ones really need reworked anyway...maybe onto 2 lines...

The Zombi picons are afaik quick and dirty converts used with other VFD capable boxes...they're a completely different size so you'll need to redo your xml (I think Ev0 had a happy mix)

There still aren't too many (any?) other VFD creators around...I was hoping some EU ones had popped up for 13 and 19E but they really are laborious and take way longer than a regular one :mad:

If you search for 'zombie vfd picons' you should find them online ;)

norhap
04-07-12, 20:57
I can not see the vfd picons on the display, I see all the information of the infobar, channel name, everything, but I see no channel picon on the display.

I have the folder created lcd_picon /media/usb/lcd_picon
for picons old:
I have a link ln -s /media/usb/picon /usr/share/enigma2/picon
(the old picons if I see them without any problem)

and this to vfd:
ln -s /media/usb/lcd_picon /usr/share/enigma2/lcd_picon

I'm doing wrong, that I can not see them?

in picon display settings if

vix 2.4 latest build.
I have this xml

thanks.

Alanp
16-07-12, 17:36
Great work much appreciated will there be any updates

kwano888
13-03-13, 23:26
Probably a silly question, I know in the title it says 'VFD Picons for the VU+ Ultimo' but does the SOLO 2 support a VFD display for VFD Picons ? I probably know the answer, I just need confirmation... I've been searching but not seen a definitive answer. Thanks in advance.

judge
13-03-13, 23:31
Probably a silly question, I know in the title it says 'VFD Picons for the VU+ Ultimo' but does the SOLO 2 support a VFD display for VFD Picons ? I probably know the answer, I just need confirmation... I've been searching but not seen a definitive answer. Thanks in advance.

no, it doesn't.

Trial
13-03-13, 23:35
hi,

but it supports LCD displays which can also display picons. search for lcd4linux.

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2