PDA

View Full Version : Solo will not boot

Mr. Mister
04-01-12, 13:59
Hi guys..

A friend of mine brought his solo to me to be updated to the new vix 2.3

I cant for the life of me get it to work..

My buddy has been in position of the box for a few months now.. and was bought from Silverfox originally..

Now.. this is where the problem starts..

When i flash the bootloader.. all goes well..

Then i can flash the image.. No problems there either..

As soon as i do the updates and reboot.. it just sits there with a black screen and does nothing..

Please can some tell me what im doing wrong.. ??

Thanks for any help given..

punisher
04-01-12, 14:19
i will be flashing my solo today so will see how that goes as it requires the bootloader update too. flash the image again, enable debug logs and then try the update again and see if it creates a log and send it over to us so we can see :D

Donnie
04-01-12, 14:53
Any output when you connect with Hyperterminal ?

Stanman
04-01-12, 15:09
Have you tried to boot with nothing connected after the updates.

Mr. Mister
04-01-12, 15:21
Have you tried to boot with nothing connected after the updates.

Not being funny here..

How would i know if the box was booting up then.. ??

I have just went back to 2.2.1 and all is working fine.. Done all the updates... and everything working as it should be..

I also tried different usb pens.. and still got the same result as before.. with 2.3..

punisher
04-01-12, 15:22
download image via a different browser, use a different usb stick and just flash the image again see if it works, some people it has taken more than 1 or 2 attempt to get a reflash to work

silverfox0786
04-01-12, 15:22
make sure you flash the new CFE bootloder

Stanman
04-01-12, 15:40
Not being funny here..

How would i know if the box was booting up then.. ??

I have just went back to 2.2.1 and all is working fine.. Done all the updates... and everything working as it should be..

I also tried different usb pens.. and still got the same result as before.. with 2.3..

Well it wasn't booting into the image and that's why I suggested trying it with nothing else connected!

dfdream
04-01-12, 16:01
silverfox0786 whats the best way to see what version of the bootloader you have in Solo / Duo etc.

With all the updates and new images in the last month I cant remember what I put on.

D

make sure you flash the new CFE bootloder

pooface
04-01-12, 16:19
silverfox0786 whats the best way to see what version of the bootloader you have in Solo / Duo etc.

With all the updates and new images in the last month I cant remember what I put on.

D

Not sure, but don't think there is a way to find out which boot loader it has (unless maybe connected via hyper terminal, but not done that for a while, so not sure :p)...

But, you could always just reflash the latest version again. Ensuring you flash the correct loader for the correct box (i.e. duo for duo and solo for solo), as there have been a few people who have reported flashing the duo on the solo, and causing it to be a brick...

Donnie
04-01-12, 18:55
Hyperterminal will confirm for you but if you are unsure do the update again but make sure you use the correct update on the correct box as this is a 100% sure way to kill your box.

Mr. Mister
04-01-12, 20:43
i will be flashing my solo today so will see how that goes as it requires the bootloader update too. flash the image again, enable debug logs and then try the update again and see if it creates a log and send it over to us so we can see :D

Hi punisher..

Please let me know when you flash the 2.3 as i would like to know how this goes for you..

thanks

punisher
05-01-12, 20:21
just flashed mine and all went perfect first time. flashed bootloader, switched it off. flashed image, switched off. switched box back on and all booted perfect.

Mr. Mister
06-01-12, 16:17
just flashed mine and all went perfect first time. flashed bootloader, switched it off. flashed image, switched off. switched box back on and all booted perfect.

Yep.. Just the same as mine..

But what about after you done the updates.. ???

Was all still ok.. ???

Cheers

Stanman
06-01-12, 16:52
I flashed a SOLO on Sunday to the public release and updated, all went fine.

Sicilian
06-01-12, 17:45
I've flashed Solo today too, all ok, bootloader and image.

Mr. Mister
06-01-12, 18:14
Thanks guys..

I had to go back to 2.2.1 and all went fine there..

He can wait for another new version of vix to come out.. and i try again after that..

thanks for all your help..

pooface
06-01-12, 21:27
Thanks guys..

I had to go back to 2.2.1 and all went fine there..

He can wait for another new version of vix to come out.. and i try again after that..

thanks for all your help..

Are you sure that this box is not a clone solo? Since you're having same problems on the duo clone you have...

Donnie
06-01-12, 21:31
Are you sure that this box is not a clone solo? Since you're having same problems on the duo clone you have...

That was my thoughts also :cool:

punisher
07-01-12, 12:04
Yeh all updates go through fine here too. Must e suma dodgy :p

Mr. Mister
07-01-12, 15:07

This solo defo not a clone as it was bought from silverfox a few months ago..

I also have this problem with a duo that i bought about 15 months ago.. Its defo not the boxes.. Its either me.. or something im doing wrong..

punisher
07-01-12, 15:19
So basically u have no trouble flashing image, its just fails to boot after u do a software update?

Mr. Mister
07-01-12, 15:20
Yes buddy.. Thats correct..

punisher
07-01-12, 15:25
Go to menu/setup/vix/image manager press help on ur remote and scroll down to the latest build and download it. It should put it either on hdd or usb. Flash that image and see how that goes

punisher
07-01-12, 15:28
Also enable debug logs and send them over or us to look at

andyblac
07-01-12, 15:30
can you attach a serial cable to it, use putty to view output, and post here please.

Mr. Mister
07-01-12, 15:53
Will do this tomorrow guys..

The box belongs to a m8.. So will get him to leave it back to me tomorrow..

Thanks for the help..