PDA

View Full Version : MgcamD issue on Vu Duo ViX 2.3 (Linux 3.1.1)???

mcquaim
04-01-12, 12:18
Hi folks,

I was thinking of upgrading to the latest image this evening but I thought I had read somewhere on this forum that somebody was having problems with MgcamD after upgrading. For the life of me I can't find the post anywhere..:confused:

Is anyone having problems with this softcam using the latest image or did I just imagine I saw this issue raised?

Cheers,
mcquaim

Stanman
04-01-12, 12:21
You might be thinking of this thread. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?13404-VIX-2-3-and-mgcamd-issue&highlight=MgcamD+issue

Alanp
04-01-12, 12:26
Hi folks,

I was thinking of upgrading to the latest image this evening but I thought I had read somewhere on this forum that somebody was having problems with MgcamD after upgrading. For the life of me I can't find the post anywhere..:confused:

Is anyone having problems with this softcam using the latest image or did I just imagine I saw this issue raised?

Cheers,
mcquaim

I had issues with Mgcamd after upgrading fine with Cccam though

gordyboy
04-01-12, 12:30
I'm running mgcamd and find it much better than cccam

mcquaim
04-01-12, 12:46
You might be thinking of this thread. http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?13404-VIX-2-3-and-mgcamd-issue&highlight=MgcamD+issue

Cheers stanman, that's the one :thumbsup:

gordyboy, are you on the latest Vix image and MgcamD 1.35a?

Thanks again,
mcquaim

Ichi
04-01-12, 13:03
I think the issue was that the MgcamD software was not autodetecting the box type.

To fix the problem, you just need to change the value from 00 (autodetect) to 06 (dreambox/mips)
in the following file:
\usr\keys\mg_cfg

i.e.

# box type
# 00 autodetect, change only if you think wrong type detected.
# 01 dbox2
# 02 dreambox
# 03 triple-dragon
# 04 relook
# 05 openbox
# 06 dreambox/mips
# 08 stapi/kathrein
# 09 stapi/ipbox
# 11 stapi/openbox
B: { 06 }

This was the fix from the Clarke-Tech / Xtrend Support section, which also works for the Vu Duo.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?14065-cant-get-mgcamd-to-work-at-all/page2&highlight=mgcamd

mcquaim
04-01-12, 13:09
Cheers Ichi,

I will keep this in mind later on if I'm having trouble, I'm not sure what mine is currently set to..

Thanks,
mcquaim

gordyboy
04-01-12, 13:49
was a file i got from another forum when you nice ipk file that uploads a 1.38 mgcamd and an oscam file to the box. I'm running both and have been almost glitch free since running them.

pm me your email and i will send you the file. you can let me know if it works well for you. if you have mgcamd 1.38 installed already you have to remove it first

mcquaim
04-01-12, 13:56
Cheers gordyboy, I will have a look at this thanks! :thumbsup:

Off hand, do you know if your box type is set as 00 or 06 as specified by Ichi above?

Cheers,
mcquaim

Larry-G
04-01-12, 14:49
As pointed out above the problem was that with the new kernel MGcamd could not auto detect which receiver type or receiver it was running on so by changing line b to 06 all issues were resolved, the solution was discovered and posted by Alias1. So there is no longer a need to hold off upgrading the to the latest image on MGcamd's account.

mcquaim
04-01-12, 14:57
Cheers pheonix, I will upgrade this evening so :D

uscool
04-01-12, 20:52
Thanks just updated to latest build and drivers, and mgcamd working spot on thanks :thumbsup:

mcquaim
04-01-12, 22:29
Howdy, yeah all good here too (except Project Valerie) so thanks again folks for all the hard work!