PDA

View Full Version : Cannot scan Hotbird transponder 11 - 11411 H

alanm61
03-01-12, 23:13
For some reason my UNO does not scan the above transponder (CYFRA+). I do not have problems with scanning any other transponders (as far as I know). I get a lock on the transponder in "satfinder", and everything seems normal - except no programs are found.

Can anybody tell me what to do?

Regards

silverfox0786
03-01-12, 23:24
have you checked king of sat to see if its vailid or not

Stanman
03-01-12, 23:25
You might need to update the FPGA if this is a 30000 TP.

alanm61
03-01-12, 23:52
Transponder should be valid. I'm afraid that I do not know what FPGA is and how to decide if transponder is 30000?

Larry-G
04-01-12, 00:37
The FPGA upgrade is a piece of software that basically reprograms the chip that controls your tuner card, it is essential that you upgrade this file as and when a new one is released.

you can get the file here,

http://archive.vuplus.com/download/fpga/vuuno/4.4/

extract the TSPRO file from the archive i use 7zip for this but winrar will do nicely.
then either FTP it to your box to the /TMP directory or place it onto a mounted USB stick.
navigate to plugins on your box and you will see a FPGA upgrade option, click on this and navigate to where you saved the file. the whole process will take around 5 minutes to complete.

Markymark
04-01-12, 16:39
Will this have been done automatically on boxes that have bene bought from the sponsor? What does the update actually do?

Or is there any way to find out if this has been installed?

Larry-G
04-01-12, 17:04
Will this have been done automatically on boxes that have bene bought from the sponsor? What does the update actually do?

Or is there any way to find out if this has been installed?

Yes as far as i'm aware the sponsor always flashes the Uno's he sells with the latest FPGA upgrade file currently at version 4.4, as for what it does it basically reprograms the chip that controls the tuner card, fixing amongst other things the SR 30,000 where the box could not tune to a channel with the SR value of 30,000. This is not a problem for sky uk as no channels there use this value but a good few on 30 west do.

Markymark
04-01-12, 18:19
Yeah I use 30w - so could try it that way? However as it was from the sponsor it probably will have been done. I'll just have to try it and see.

Larry-G
04-01-12, 18:36
well you wont harm any thing by doing the upgrade again to be honest.

alanm61
04-01-12, 19:49
Following your advice, I manage to download the file TS_PRO.dat into /tmp/ using the download function in the FPGA upgrader. Then when choosing "upgrade" I get the message "fail to open device". Same result when taking the file from USB stick. Seems like FPGA upgrader is not accepting the file.

Larry-G
04-01-12, 19:54
I believe it's a problem with the new kernel, backup your existing image using Blue button > ViX > Image manager. then load the official Vu image and load the FPGA upgrade as instructed above. once the process is completed you can use the backup image you made to flash the box back to the exact state it was in previously but with the new FPGA upgrade file in-place and flashed.