PDA

View Full Version : cool tv guide - vix night skin

Richy-G
03-01-12, 23:05
Is the latest cool tv guide not fully compatible with the vix night hd skin? It seems to work and load ok until I select a channel on the list then it crashes, Is there a fix for this?

Stanman
03-01-12, 23:21
Only if you ask the plugin author to make it compatiable with VIX.

Have you tried the VIX EPG, its just as good as CoolTV

silverfox0786
03-01-12, 23:23
Only if you ask the plugin author to make it compatiable with VIX.

Have you tried the VIX EPG, its just as good as CoolTV

just as good if not better

gordyboy
04-01-12, 12:17
Hi Where do I find the vix epg?

thanks

Stanman
04-01-12, 12:24
Press EPG on the button, its preinstalled, though if you have installed COOLTV it might have changed settings. In which case back up your settings and than do a fresh install and at the wizard select no for plugin reinstall but yes to settings

garry1312
04-01-12, 17:06
Loved Cool TV Guide on my Dreamboxes. Was planning to add it to my Xtrend 9200 when I got it but when I tried the ViX EPG found it to be better and more stable.

punisher
04-01-12, 17:11
Yeh the vix epg is very nice and pretty much does anything u want from an epg

Larry-G
04-01-12, 17:23
Loved Cool TV Guide on my Dreamboxes. Was planning to add it to my Xtrend 9200 when I got it but when I tried the ViX EPG found it to be better and more stable.

yup have to agree with you there mate, i have done the whole " install a plugin for every thing going " thing on my uno but then thought why ? as almost every plugin i was using had a custom written alternative already in the image at a base level by our very own coding wonder boy andy. the ViX media player for example. I have used the EMC plugin and it was great but in my opinion it just does not come close to the functionality of the default ViX media player thats already built in to the image.

I'm not saying you dont ever need plugins but andy has done wonders integrating many features and functions into the image to remove the need for certain plugins.

garry1312
04-01-12, 17:40
Dont think the media player is on the 9200 when i press the playlist button on the remote it mentions that the media player plugin should be installed.

Would agree with what you are saying though as this is the first image for instance that I have not had to install timeshift.

I added youtube, CCcam and that has been all I have needed to add. Will look in to the media player though :)

Rob van der Does
04-01-12, 18:16
Dont think the media player is on the 9200 when i press the playlist button on the remote it mentions that the media player plugin should be installed.

You should use the " FileList" button just on top of the "PlayList" button to open the ViX-MediaPlayer.

Would agree with what you are saying though as this is the first image for instance that I have not had to install timeshift.

And not only that, but the (permanent) timeshift has been especially adapted to ViX in order to work properly.

garry1312
05-01-12, 00:40
not got a chance to try the timeshift out yet mate as still waiting for my HDD but it should be delivered tomorrow and I have every faith in ViX that the timeshift will work properly :)