PDA

View Full Version : Switching from the rip off that is S**

Greengo
03-01-12, 20:10
Am rightly fed up paying exhorbitant prices for a service that at most is worthless...

I'm new to this forum so forgive my slight ignorance... I've been trawling through threads and cant seem to find any answers to my question which is this...

I have a HD sub & multiroom sub with you know who...

I want to cancel but still would like some form of sat tv in my house... I know I'll save a fortune but just dont know whats compatible with the leads I have at home... My wife just doesnt want me making more holes for cables etc throught the home so I'd like to bin my S** set up and replace with units that will work in tandem with the leads etc that are there...

I understand that menus etc will not be the same so no worries in that dept so could some of you kind forumites direct or tell me what my options are ?

cheers

Greengo

Larry-G
03-01-12, 20:15
If you are using the existing sky dish then any receiver you put in place will only be able to receive channels from sky uk, freesat or the new alternative real tv service all broadcast from 28.2 east. if you want to watch foreign satellites your going to need to replace the satellite dish for a motorized one or a multi lnb setup.

wullboy
03-01-12, 20:16
you would still need to get services from someone m8, and you would need a compatable box for your services, yes all of them are out there, so you would need to google to get all the facts you would need, but you will get lots of help on here m8, but somethings are not allowed to be talked about on the site [ card sharing ??] and you will need to know about this m8....happy hunting bud....

Greengo
03-01-12, 20:45
I know all about CS etc ;) and dont have a problem with that... I just want to replace my units with something that'll pick up the same channells I'm getting etc without the price I'm paying and without too much upheaval around the home

Stanman
03-01-12, 22:13
Virtually any of the boxes the sponsor sells will enable you to get the channels on 28.2E.

It than comes down to how much you want and features.