PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with T.s file editting software !

SLOTH
26-07-10, 19:36
Hi everyone .
i,ve put this here as i really couldnt see were else to ask :eek: .
as it says above , i have ftp,ed some T.s video files from Vu + Duo and have burnt them with nero ... but i,d like to trim out all the adverts an crap .
i guess i,m just looking for some help or recommendations prefferably free software :D.
anyway thanks in advance
Sloth :D

Sicilian
27-07-10, 05:52
Moved to correct section ;)

SLOTH
27-07-10, 08:25
cheers mate ...wasnt sure were it should have gone !
Sloth :D

Sicilian
27-07-10, 09:07
Isn't there a plugin to do this, sure there is but for the life of me I cant remember what its called........:confused:

SLOTH
27-07-10, 09:11
hi again so do you mean that i could edit on my Vu then send it to comp ....(cutlist editor ?) ..cheersanyway mate ...
hope your having a good day
Sloth

Sicilian
27-07-10, 09:12
That could possibly be the plugin, have you tried it? At work atm so will take a look tonight.

SLOTH
27-07-10, 09:39
Hi
not tried it on the Vu but did try it on the dreambox , with unsucessful results LOL , am at work later
cheers
Sloth

Ojustaboo
27-07-10, 15:30
Cutlist editor is fine for viewing things on the VU, but it doesn't really remove anything. Not sure how it works, it seems to create a sort of index file called filmname.cuts which I suspect is referenced to when the movie is played, hence it skips bits mentioned in this file (don't know, purely presuming).

What I do know is that you can cut all the ads etc out of a film on the VU and it plays fine. But you can at a later date remove all these cuts. That being the case, I suspect nothing is really removed from filmname.ts at all, hence if you copy it to your PC, no cuts are present.

There is another plugin called Movie Cut, this gives you the option of replacing your movie with the cut version or creating another movie called filmnamecut.ts. However, I've never got this to work, every time I've tried (which has been after using cutlist editor) it says that some .ap file is missing. So I suspect there's some other plugin that's needed instead of cutist editor? So far though, I haven't found it.

EDIT: According to this site

http://blog.aki.ch/?p=2566&gtlang=en
Movie cut is designed to work with cutlist editor. Will have another try at some point to see what I did wrong.

Ojustaboo
27-07-10, 16:09
Just tried again, it does work fine (latest PLI)

Simply use cutlist editor to cut, then movie cut to make permanent (movie cut puts an "execute cuts" option underneath the cutlist editor option). It runs a background task to cut the movie, took about a minute for a 40min program.

Only works for programs recorded onto the box. When I had the .ap not found error, it was due to me trying to cut a movie I ftp'd to the box, cutlist editor will still work on such files, but there is no .ap file for movie cut to work.

On further inspection, using dreambox explorer (or filemanager)

For every program I'd recorded on the box, whether I'd cut them or not, I had 6 files.

program.ts
program.ts.ap
program.ts.cuts
program.ts.meta
program.ts.sc
program.eit

I cut the program with cutlist editor, used execute cuts to make it permanent, ftp'd the .ts to my PC and it played fine.

The file I ftp'd to my box and cut only had two files

program.ts
program.ts.cuts

SLOTH
27-07-10, 22:54
Cheers mate , nice work
Sloth

pooface
28-07-10, 07:05
Follow what's been posted above. Been doing this for quite a while with a few files I want to keep on the hdd for little one. If I weren't away would've been able to post. Save Ojustaboo having to play about so much to figure out :p

My only problems with it, is that it's not accurate enough. You don't have the option to move forward just 1 frame at a time etc... But suppose it'll do for the job in hand :p