PDA

View Full Version : BEST IMAGE FOR DM8000 HD & Install process

delb0y
02-01-12, 23:16
Hi guys

got a genuine dm8000hd which i don't want to brick as it's not mine, need to know best image to stick on it and best / easiest method ? null modem or via network?

chap has been using blackhole not sure if there is a stable one out for this box

any help advice appreciated

cheers

Stanman
02-01-12, 23:19
There is a whole raft of them herehttp://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?64-Dreambox-DM8000-HD-Images but best image is subjective.

I quite like the DBUK image by Rossi as its nippy and has some plugin integration.

Larry-G
02-01-12, 23:21
Hi guys

got a genuine dm8000hd which i don't want to brick as it's not mine, need to know best image to stick on it and best / easiest method ? null modem or via network?

chap has been using blackhole not sure if there is a stable one out for this box

any help advice appreciated

cheers

BH no longer make any images for DMM boxes, only Vu.

Data
02-01-12, 23:22
I have just loaded the open pli image runs like a trooper. and by the way you cant brick a genuine dm8000 even a clone cant be bricked just means you have to reload the second stage boot loader.

Larry-G
02-01-12, 23:26
I have just loaded the open pli image runs like a trooper. and by the way you cant brick a genuine dm8000 even a clone cant be bricked just means you have to reload the second stage boot loader.

oh you certainly can believe me on that. you can brick any piece of electronic hardware with the right set of circumstances.

silverfox0786
03-01-12, 00:58
i would recomment rossi2000's DBUK image for all DMM's its well good

i would call it a second choice after VIX and a defo First choice for a DMM box

BadBoy
04-01-12, 08:35
i would recomment rossi2000's DBUK image for all DMM's its well good

i would call it a second choice after VIX and a defo First choice for a DMM box

I second this, nice image and best feature is being able to update to the latest bouquets through a built in plugin straight from the box itself.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk