PDA

View Full Version : Autotimer just won't die...

mcquaim
02-01-12, 22:22
Hi folks,

I have a very strange problem in that I have an autotimer entry that just won't die no matter how many times I delete it. To make matters worse it keeps recording Eastenders :(

I keep deleting the individual timers under the green button and then the autotimer under long green but for some reason they all keep coming back, autotimer and individual ones :confused:

Anyone ever see anything like this? Maybe it's fat pats ghost messing about lol.. I can't even rem ever even setting the timer to start with...

I'm on Vix 2.3 but not the latest!

Cheers,
mcquaim

Stanman
02-01-12, 22:57
FTP into the box and got to etx/enigima2/autotimers. If you have no other AT than can delete this file. If you do double click it and find EE and can delete the entry and save and exit.

mcquaim
02-01-12, 23:22
Cheers stanman,

I edited autotimers.xml and timers.xml in /etc/enigma2 and cleared out all the Eastenders entries in both but when I save and exit they still exist even when the box is rebooted..

Do I now need to clear them from the Duo timers screens?

Perhaps they need to be cleared somewhere else?

I should really just flash to the latest image I guess and this bug will go away...

Stanman
02-01-12, 23:26
clear them from the duo and than do them via FTP. Either way should have got rid of them, can't understand why there coming back:confused:

Larry-G
02-01-12, 23:29
OH god pat aint even dead yet and she's haunting your box. run for the Hills LOL

mcquaim
04-01-12, 12:13
OH god pat aint even dead yet and she's haunting your box. run for the Hills LOL

I am happy to report that Pat has stopped haunting my Duo lol....

Thanks to stanman's help in manually clearing down the timer xml's it no longer keeps coming back!

Thanks,
mcquaim

Stanman
04-01-12, 12:25
Glad your sorted mate.

Rob van der Does
04-01-12, 12:57
Don' t forget: on manually changing settings and timers you must do an "init 4" (to stop E2), then make your changes and then "init 3" (to get E2 out of coma).
All these items are read when E2 comes to live and are kept in live memory, so whatever you change when E2 is alive will be overwritten by the old values again on stopping E2.

mcquaim
04-01-12, 13:02
do an "init 4" (to stop E2), then make your changes and then "init 3" (to get E2 out of coma).

Cheers, are these telnet commands? I didn't have to do this however to banish Eastenders but I will take note however..

Cheers,
mcquaim

Stanman
04-01-12, 13:07
Don' t forget: on manually changing settings and timers you must do an "init 4" (to stop E2), then make your changes and then "init 3" (to get E2 out of coma).
All these items are read when E2 comes to live and are kept in live memory, so whatever you change when E2 is alive will be overwritten by the old values again on stopping E2.

Good point Rob and explains the phantom rebirths in some other threads.

Rob van der Does
04-01-12, 13:30
are these telnet commands?
Yes they are.

I didn't have to do this however to banish Eastenders but I will take note however..
In that case you have been lucky as apparently E2 didn't shutdown properly afterwards.

mcquaim
04-01-12, 13:35
Cheers Rob, I will remember this in future so!