PDA

View Full Version : problems with password

joerogangolf
02-01-12, 19:47
hi, have a dreambox dm500s, bought of e##y but cant get into it to access any setting. tryed ftp into box using ip root and dreambox as password, but keeps saying wrong password, think someone has locked the box so you can not change any setting, even the main menu on box is missing loads of options. no expert setup or addon menus. any ideas how i can get into this to put on my own images and setting. thanks

Larry-G
02-01-12, 19:52
If you have just bought the box it is almost 100% certain to be a clone and by the sounds of it a clone that was locked down by a unscrupulous dealer for cardsharing functions. if this is the case we can not help you as we do not support cloned boxes on this site, nor cardsharing talk ( i know you never mentioned the CS word but i have to state it ). my only suggestion is to use dreamup and re-flash the box to a new image, but if it is a clone be exceptionally careful as there are images about that can destroy a DM500 clone.

wullboy
02-01-12, 21:41
hi, have a dreambox dm500s, bought of e##y but cant get into it to access any setting. tryed ftp into box using ip root and dreambox as password, but keeps saying wrong password, think someone has locked the box so you can not change any setting, even the main menu on box is missing loads of options. no expert setup or addon menus. any ideas how i can get into this to put on my own images and setting. thanks

try the latest pli image for your box m8, and use dream-up to install it.....