PDA

View Full Version : FPGA upgrade failing? Help Please :)

AP2
02-01-12, 19:35
In need of a little help, I have been trying to upgrade the FPGA so I can install the latest VIX image. I have Installed the FPGA plugin from the plugins menu, I have also downloaded the TS_PRO.dat file and placed it in the tmp directory on the UNO when I run the plugin FPGA Upgrade and point it to the TS_PRO file and click yes to continue I get the error message "fail to upgrade Cause : fail to open device" I have tried putting the TS.PRO.dat file on a USB and on the HDD all give the same message.

I have tried reinstalling the FPGA plugin
Tried various other locations to store the TS_PRO.dat file

at a loss as to what I am doing wrong any suggestions.

Currently running VIX 2.2.110

Thanks.

Larry-G
02-01-12, 19:47
you dont need the FPGA upgrade to run the ViX 2.3 image the FPGA upgrade is simply a means of programming the chip that controls the tuner card, fixing amongst other things the SR 30,000 problem that was discovered shortly after launch.

Why you can't load the FPGA upgrade is another matter as i have loaded mine several times always with the ViX image without any problems at all.

If you have the time it may be best to make a full backup of your current image using the image backup function and the backup manager

blue button > ViX > image manager / backup manager.

then load the official Vu image and try again, you can then either return to your existing image by re-flashing the backup you just made or go strait to the ViX 2.3 image.

AP2
02-01-12, 20:09
Thanks, will go straight to the Vix 2.3 image then :)

Larry-G
02-01-12, 20:17
Try going to the official image first then load the FPGA upgrade v4.4, as although it is not a requirement of the ViX image to have the upgrade in order to load the image it is a requirement for use with newer drivers etc.

As i said make a full set of backups first before you do any thing.

Also note must must Load the ViX image containing the new linux 3.1.1 kernel onto the box via a USB stick first then flash the box as you can not do a online update from any image using the older 2.6 kernels due to major changes in the new kernel based images.

AP2
02-01-12, 21:11
Try going to the official image first then load the FPGA upgrade v4.4, as although it is not a requirement of the ViX image to have the upgrade in order to load the image it is a requirement for use with newer drivers etc.

As i said make a full set of backups first before you do any thing.

Also note must must Load the ViX image containing the new linux 3.1.1 kernel onto the box via a USB stick first then flash the box as you can not do a online update from any image using the older 2.6 kernels due to major changes in the new kernel based images.

That sorted it :) Strange one but all good now, Thanks for the Help :thumbsup:

Larry-G
02-01-12, 21:21
That sorted it :) Strange one but all good now, Thanks for the Help :thumbsup:

No problem, thats what we are here for.

I'm happy your now sorted.

norhap
09-01-12, 11:57
when trying to install TS_PROT.dat (plugin) /tmp result:

"can´t found MD5 file"

a way to see the installed version of the FPGA in the box?

sorry but I am not clear if you can upgrade from VIX. (my language disadvantage).

thanks.

Trial
09-01-12, 12:54
Hi,
try to install the package FPGA Upgrade because this Plugin does notneed a md5 sum.

ciao

Rob van der Does
09-01-12, 15:26
when trying to install TS_PROT.dat (plugin) /tmp result:
"can´t found MD5 file"
a way to see the installed version of the FPGA in the box?
sorry but I am not clear if you can upgrade from VIX. (my language disadvantage).

If I understand you correctly, you are not updating the plugin, but trying to update the FPGA file.
1- There's no way to read the present version of FPGA installed in your system
2- Folow the instructions given in

http://www2.vuplus.com/images/manuals/uno_flash_upgrade_v1.1.pdf

Please report back what happens.
Good luck!

Larry-G
09-01-12, 15:33
The problem is since moving to the 3.1.1 kernel you can no longer upgrade the FPGA from the ViX image as it gives the MD5 not found error, I just tried my self.

andyblac
09-01-12, 15:46
Wrong it is because Vu+ have updated their plugin to require a MD5 file, but as yet have not supplied any. Contact VU to correct the plugin or to supply a MD5 file.

Larry-G
09-01-12, 15:47
wrong it is because Vu+ have updated there plugin to require a MD5 file, but as yet have not supplied any. contact vu to correct the plugin or supply a MD5 files.

Thanks for the update although i only ever noticed this after the kernel upgrade and as no one told me otherwise until now i assumed it was yet another issue with the kernel.

Rob van der Does
09-01-12, 15:50
Thanks for the update although i only ever noticed this after the kernel upgrade and as no one told me otherwise until now i assumed it was yet another issue with the kernel.
tbh it was only after reading this post that I suspected this might be the problem.

Trial
09-01-12, 21:35
Hi,
does anybody read replies? Try to install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-fpgaupgrade because this is the old version without the need of md5.

ciao

norhap
09-01-12, 22:34
thanks trial,
and all Pheonix, rob van, andyblac, for the concern,is right, I did the tests, this version attached, if you upgrade perfectly, follow the steps:

1º, unzip the attachment.
2º FTP file to
/usr/lib/enigma2/phyton/Plugins/SystemPlugins
3º restart GUI.
4º go to MENU-> plugins-> FGPAUpgrade-> OK->choose download directory, you usually do so in
/tmp
5º button-> blue-> download-> green button upgrade, the upgrade starts about 6-7 minutes (do nothing in the box until the end of the process). when finished you will see the process 100/100 in the interface, click OK to exit.
6º Restart box.

already have the updated FPGA.

Rob van der Does
10-01-12, 06:52
Hi,
try to install the package FPGA Upgrade because this Plugin does notneed a md5 sum.

Hi,
does anybody read replies? Try to install enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-fpgaupgrade because this is the old version without the need of md5.

Rest assured: we all do. But nobody had any idea where to get that old "package FPGA Upgrade" from as it is not on the ViX-feeds.

Trial
10-01-12, 08:38
Hi,
I looked on my Ultimo and it was in the ViX feed but not as a plugin instead only as a PACKAGE. Try looking with packet manager instead of plugin manager. Or easier with telnet

opkg list|grep fpga

ciao