PDA

View Full Version : buy tm800 or dreambox

jng46
01-01-12, 23:00
hi i am looking to buy sat reciever and wondered which one to buy i have got it down to dm800hdse or tm800hd and can,t decide which one to go for anyone help cheers:confused:

Stanman
01-01-12, 23:13
Whats your price?

Of the the two you have mentioned am betting the 800SE was a clone as their not in the same price bracket.

jng46
01-01-12, 23:17
yeah it would be a clone my mate has had both original and clone and says there is,nt much between them but i don,t know anyone with tm800

Stanman
01-01-12, 23:19
If its a question of buying a clone or an original than its a no brainer, buy the TM800.

The sponsor is doing it for £139 at the moment. As this is best price, not sure if you can use the £5 off for forum members.

bassethound
02-01-12, 00:04
If i was going to go for a single tuner box i would get a original linux box as Stanman has said

i would spend a bit more money and get the excellent Xtrend ET5000 which is suported by the vix team avoid the tm800 as its nearly 2 years old and has very little/no support from technomate and image builders;)

dfdream
02-01-12, 00:14
bassethound,

How would the Xtrend ET5000 compafe with the VU+ Solo. I have a Duo and want something in the same style so those indoors can switch operating them easily without learning new menus and new remote..

What would give the Xtrend ET5000 the edge. If there is one.

D

If i was going to go for a single tuner box i would get a original linux box as Stanman has said

i would spend a bit more money and get the excellent
which is suported by the vix team avoid the tm800 as its nearly 2 years old and has very little/no support from technomate and image builders;)

jng46
02-01-12, 00:14
yeah ive just been looking at that iwill do a bit more checking ,what about a vu+twin tuner what are they like:)

bassethound
02-01-12, 00:43
@dfdream

The solo is a great little box i have mine in the bedroom in day to day running both boxes are the same if you use Vix

i must admit i like the solo,s remote as the et5000 remote has lot smaller buttons and it takes you a while to get used to the layout

the et5000 boots faster than the solo but the solo has more images and image support going for it from vti/bh/vix/ and a few more obscure teams

dfdream
02-01-12, 00:52
Thanks mate for the reply.
Im thinking of the same things.
The fact that the family will have the same remote and menus and I will set all recordings to go to Duo making the lot simple and only usb key for epg and picons in SOLO.

One Question

If both duo and solo are in the same cabinet with relayed remote commands will one remote change both or can I configure the remotes to be unique so the channels on the other box dont change.

D

@dfdream

The solo is a great little box i have mine in the bedroom in day to day running both boxes are the same if you use Vix

i must admit i like the solo,s remote as the et5000 remote has lot smaller buttons and it takes you a while to get used to the layout

the et5000 boots faster than the solo but the solo has more images and image support going for it from vti/bh/vix/ and a few more obscure teams