PDA

View Full Version : satfinder iphone

wazza_2
01-01-12, 22:28
i have 2 satellite dishes 1 fixed dish and the other a 90cm moto dish, the moto dish got blown in the wind and when i tried to sort it out i messed it up more and more, anyway i have downloaded a program called satfinder on my iphone and it looks realy good but not had chance to get the ladders out to set it up. just want to no if anyone has ever used this program and got it to work that way , theres a video of the app on you tube but i think its against the rules to add links so you would have to look it up your selves , the app asks you to put the size of the dish in then you tick what sat you want,then you go to check obstacles and it opens the camera and markers on what shows were your satellite is an shows you if theres any obsticals in the way,then the magic starts with adjust cause you press on elevation and put your iphone in the centre of the dish and it tells you how far to tilt. then go to azimuth and put your phone on the stick thats atached to the lnb and it will tell you exactly were to point . looks good and for 1.49 its cheaper than a proper satfinder

Stanman
01-01-12, 22:39
You can post a link to the youtube video but ONLY if it has no advertisements or links to other satellite retailers.

You can also embed it into your post by clicking the video link in the post toolbar

wazza_2
01-01-12, 22:41
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-1JIMh6HfM

totti240282
02-01-12, 09:08
Anf for android ? :)

wazza_2
02-01-12, 18:34
hi tried to set up with this program but got no luck, is they any programs for the vix image, vu+ that will help me cause i think the ones that are built into vix are not working for me propperly as when i unplug my moto dish and plug in my fixed dish it still says no signal until i go on a channel. HELP,HELP,HELPHELP,HELP,

kid_warrior
05-01-12, 17:46
i have 2 satellite dishes 1 fixed dish and the other a 90cm moto dish, the moto dish got blown in the wind and when i tried to sort it out i messed it up more and more, anyway i have downloaded a program called satfinder on my iphone and it looks realy good but not had chance to get the ladders out to set it up. just want to no if anyone has ever used this program and got it to work that way , theres a video of the app on you tube but i think its against the rules to add links so you would have to look it up your selves , the app asks you to put the size of the dish in then you tick what sat you want,then you go to check obstacles and it opens the camera and markers on what shows were your satellite is an shows you if theres any obsticals in the way,then the magic starts with adjust cause you press on elevation and put your iphone in the centre of the dish and it tells you how far to tilt. then go to azimuth and put your phone on the stick thats atached to the lnb and it will tell you exactly were to point . looks good and for 1.49 its cheaper than a proper satfinder

I just used my compass on my iphone
And its free

kid_warrior
05-01-12, 19:01
Or this is good...

www.dishpointer.com/

Stanman
05-01-12, 19:05
I put a motor couple of weeks ago and had to readjust due to the strong winds this week and used the dishpointer site to find my true south and align the dish using the satelliet view to line it up using visual marks.

I can get 98% on 28.2E on 1M and 60% on 7W.

I would not waste your money on fancy apps. line it up using dishpointer and either buy a meter from the sponsor or use the boxes satfinder to fine tune but you will need some to shout down to:D, So I would suggest the meter route unless you want the whole street to know what your doing.

TK4|2|1
05-01-12, 19:09
Or use a promax Tv explorer like me.

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers to push buttons.

kid_warrior
06-01-12, 13:01
I would not waste your money on fancy apps.

Couldn't have said better myself
There are things out there.... if you use the serch button you will find