PDA

View Full Version : Mediaplayer functions

cimkaya
26-07-10, 18:10
My old Dreambox 500s just died.

The VU+ DUO is a good candidate for replacement.

Does it support video upscaling to 1080p?
Does it support mkv files with DTS sound tracks?
Does it support mkv containing H.264 HP@L4.1 encoded video?

Thanks.

Sicilian
27-07-10, 07:07
1080p = No.
mkv's with AC3 play fine.
Not quite sure on the last question, but aren't all mkv's H.264?

Sorry wasn't a massive help :o

xaxaxa
04-04-13, 11:29
Hi, I don't want to start a new thread so I aske her:
- is it possible to set somehow the frame rate? When I play some 24p movie from HDD (not recorded TS) the movie is fluent on my setting 108p/50Hz

Trial
04-04-13, 11:57
Hi,
with the plugin autoresolution you can setup that a 24p movie is passed to the TV as 24p.

ciao

xaxaxa
04-04-13, 12:36
Hi,
with the plugin autoresolution you can setup that a 24p movie is passed to the TV as 24p.
ciao

excellent, thank you!

is there any known bug with Central European diacritic/signs in external subtitles? I just cannot display them correctly, even though i set everywhere I could/found my region.

And my last question: is there some tutorial how to work with mediaplayer? I'm quite lost with navigating easily into the external HDD and the media content (movies, music) in it. Could not find any simple/direct way how to show the multimedia content/folder on my ext.HDD.
I also hoped I could use external HDD both for recording, and also for playing my own media content/movies (not recorded), probably should I create 2 partitions-one for recording, one for personal folder with movies, it this a working way?

Thanks for help, I'm keep learning lot of new useful things each day from you people.