PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] problems with HD GLASS 16 skin and VIX 2.3

Clavas
31-12-11, 21:13
HD Glass16 ver. 4.06

- added changelog info, if a new update is detected (Update check in the setup)
- added "History" in the setup (press 8 button)
- added autodetect BH 1.6.6/1.6.7 (VU+)
- added new Oled type: VU+ Ultimo
- added a option to set OLED picons dir (press 7 button in setup) with
autoreconfiguration after update and autoverification after write changes,
actual dir is displayed in title of the setup

Update is available online via setup

Thx shamann

Absolutely love the HD glass 16 skin and have been using it for months successfully on ViX 2.2

Upgraded one of my receivers to 2.3.153 but this skin will not work (loop crashes on setup which you can eventually intercept by pressing menu button) but crashes when attempting to restart mgcamd in softcam manager :(
(Obviously I would imagine the reason it does not work is down to the skin author and some changes are needed to mke it compatible?)

I only need to restart this as for some reason it is ticked to start the service on boot (and it thinks it is running) but it aint :confused:

I have tried the ViX night skin but it is nowhere near as good (unfortunately) - to me anyway

Has anyone managed to get this skin to work on 2.3?

Ceasar
31-12-11, 21:55
Yes I'm using it on latest VIX 2.3.
But It crashes on upgrade and also softcam reload, but after I reload the box, it works at least 4.03 haven't upgraded to the latest one yet.
It would be great if it would be fully VIX 2.3 compatable.
Thanks for a great skin...
Happy New Year !!

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Ev0
31-12-11, 21:57
I did contact the skin author to see if he would be willing to make it fully compatable with the vix image.

He said he would need some crashlogs, but by the time he had replied to me, I had flashed my box with BH image.

Ceasar
31-12-11, 22:35
I did contact the skin author to see if he would be willing to make it fully compatable with the vix image.

He said he would need some crashlogs, but by the time he had replied to me, I had flashed my box with BH image.

Could you direct me to the author ?
Maybe I can send my crashlogs instead.

Ev0
31-12-11, 22:38
Could you direct me to the author ?
Maybe I can send my crashlogs instead.

I can't easily as it will mean advertising another forum (not sure but that might break the forum rules).

I did ask him to contact a member of the vix team direct, so fingers crossed it's being worked on.

Stanman
31-12-11, 22:42
You can send him the details via PM but please no links in forum.

Thanks

Sicilian
10-01-12, 21:43
Moved to correct section, please do not post in downloads only sections.

Clavas
17-01-12, 11:55
Has anyone managed to contact the author to see if we can get the skin compatible with ViX 2.3?

Not upgraded the image on one of my boxes purely for this reason!

mikehunt43
17-01-12, 12:03
i have the same problem with another skin and tryed serval others and the same problem crashes when trying to rest cams etc.the only one i found it didnt is the vix night and night one and thats only after you have reflashed it.ie if you go to another skin and dont work and you go back to vix one it still wont work until you reflash

snookera
01-02-12, 19:27
Will this skin work with vix 2.3 also will it show ECM info using mgcam on et9000

Larry-G
01-02-12, 19:31
Will this skin work with vix 2.3 also will it show ECM info using mgcam on et9000

I have moved your post as it was in a download only thread, please keep download only threads clean they are not meant for any thing but downloads.

as for the skin it self well read this thread.