PDA

View Full Version : Box well and truly messed up now

ea.xlns
31-12-11, 12:37
I have no idea how this happened. Anyway, when box is turned on I get the loading screen with the Vix spinner just infinitely spinning. I have reflashed the box only for the same problem. I removed my HDD and reflashed again and still it's the same.

Tried with a blackhole image and it's still the same...

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Larry-G
31-12-11, 12:40
what image or images are you trying to flash, have you tried more than one ?
have you tired using a different USB stick as sometimes the box can be a bit picky.
have you tried downloading the image from a different browser to the one you normally use ? as it may have been corrupted in the download.

basically give us as much detail as possible about what you have done and the outcome etc ?. although we dont need to know the colour of your underwear thats just too much detail.

LOL

ea.xlns
31-12-11, 12:43
The latest VIX and Blackhole images have been tried.
I'm using the same USB as I did last time when it worked perfectly.
I will download from a different browser now and use a different USB and let you know how it goes.

Thanks

ea.xlns
31-12-11, 12:54
Tried this time using chrome and different USB but to no avail. Seems the box is gone...

ea.xlns
31-12-11, 12:56
what image or images are you trying to flash, have you tried more than one ?
have you tired using a different USB stick as sometimes the box can be a bit picky.
have you tried downloading the image from a different browser to the one you normally use ? as it may have been corrupted in the download.

basically give us as much detail as possible about what you have done and the outcome etc ?. although we dont need to know the colour of your underwear thats just too much detail.

LOL

Tried this time using chrome and different USB but to no avail. Seems the box is gone...

Larry-G
31-12-11, 12:59
what exactly are you doing and what exactly is the end result, because if you are seeing a message on the VFD or your seeing video output such as the boot screen then the box is far from gone, and there is no need at all to give up.

ea.xlns
31-12-11, 13:07
what exactly are you doing and what exactly is the end result, because if you are seeing a message on the VFD or your seeing video output such as the boot screen then the box is far from gone, and there is no need at all to give up.

Tried to restart the box yesterday but it was stuck on the OPEN Vix VU+ Duo Loading screen with the spinner just spinning repeatedly.

Successfully flashed today using different browsers and different USB's but with the same problem. I currently only have the power and HDMI cable connected, with HDD even removed so I can't think of any fixes...

What do you suggest?

Larry-G
31-12-11, 13:14
Have you tried a earlier version of the vix image such as the 2.3 GM image ? Also how long are you leaving the box while on the loading screen ? Leave it 10 minutes then if it has still not booted power off from the rear and back on again If it still does not boot re-flash.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Rob van der Does
31-12-11, 13:15
Is the very first boot after the flash already giving problems, or a reboot after making settings?

ea.xlns
31-12-11, 13:22
Is the very first boot after the flash already giving problems, or a reboot after making settings?

The very first boot - unfortunately.

ea.xlns
31-12-11, 13:26
Have you tried a earlier version of the vix image such as the 2.3 GM image ? Also how long are you leaving the biz while on the loading screen ? Leave it 10 minutes I'd it has jot booted power off from the rear and back on again If it still does not boot reflash.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Tried 2.3 GM now only for the same results. I will reflash for the final time and leave it off for 10 minutes before switching on. BTW are these boxes warranty protected?

Larry-G
31-12-11, 13:27
yes of course there warranty protected, but i still feel the box is not faulty.

ea.xlns
31-12-11, 13:33
yes of course there warranty protected, but i still feel the box is not faulty.

I hope you're right. Final reflash done on 2.3 GM with only the power cable plugged in - will leave off for 10 mins or so then plug back in.

Is the warranty void since I have put the VIX image on the box? In other words, do I have to flash the original image?

pathfinder
31-12-11, 13:34
Is it a bootloader problem? Have you flashed the latest bootloader, before loading the image? Just a thought.

Larry-G
31-12-11, 13:35
no these boxes are intended to be re flashed you wont have troubles with any decent retailer.

ea.xlns
31-12-11, 13:36
Is it a bootloader problem? Have you flashed the latest bootloader, before loading the image? Just a thought.

Yep - certainly have. Not sure if I need to go down a boot loader when going back to 2.3 GM?

Stanman
31-12-11, 13:39
If you have updated the BL dont need to do anything apart from flash if you are going to newer or older images on VU+

Rob van der Does
31-12-11, 13:39
The very first boot - unfortunately.
And that was with HDD disconnected and no USB ports in use?
If so, try rebooting without ethernet cable.

ea.xlns
31-12-11, 13:40
And that was with HDD disconnected and no USB ports in use?
If so, try rebooting without ethernet cable.

I have :-(

Rob van der Does
31-12-11, 13:46
I have :-(
Hmmm, looks like you have tried pretty much everything. Looks like a warranty case to me.

amuceku
31-12-11, 13:54
I had the same problem flashing the latest vix image in the brand new box, with the latest bl.... Now try this.. 1- flash the official image, turn the box on do all the settings (skip the scan). Now switch it off. 2- flash the vix image 2.3 old version. Turn it on and do all the settings(skip scan again). turn it off and flash the new boot loader. Turn the box on, leave it on for few minutes. Switch it off. 3- flash the latest vix image and it should be fine...

ea.xlns
31-12-11, 14:05
Hmmm, looks like you have tried pretty much everything. Looks like a warranty case to me.

Will take it to the retailer on Monday.

ea.xlns
31-12-11, 14:05
I had the same problem flashing the latest vix image in the brand new box, with the latest bl.... Now try this.. 1- flash the official image, turn the box on do all the settings (skip the scan). Now switch it off. 2- flash the vix image 2.3 old version. Turn it on and do all the settings(skip scan again). turn it off and flash the new boot loader. Turn the box on, leave it on for few minutes. Switch it off. 3- flash the latest vix image and it should be fine...

How do I flash the official image? Link?

Thanks

Stanman
31-12-11, 14:07
http://archive.vuplus.com/image/2011/6.0/[/URL]]

You want the BM750 USB

ea.xlns
31-12-11, 14:20

Done this - it's not even starting up on the official image!

Just has the hourglass constantly spinning on its axis.

Warranty job it is then!

Thanks everyone for your help though..

paul362
01-01-12, 12:02
Hope you have a genuine box there m8 and not a clone ! sounds like a weird thing for a genuine box to do?? good luck with your warrenty and happy new year (hopefully) .

ea.xlns
01-01-12, 21:37
Hope you have a genuine box there m8 and not a clone ! sounds like a weird thing for a genuine box to do?? good luck with your warrenty and happy new year (hopefully) .

Highly doubt it's a clone because I've had it since early-2011 (April I think). Were (Duo) clones available then?

Stanman
01-01-12, 22:42
No that's an original box.