PDA

View Full Version : Best way to stream content from laptop to ET9x00

mikizmo
31-12-11, 11:44
just wondering what the besy way to stream music+films from my laptop to the ET is?
I have set everything up for it via my router.
Advice would be appreciated thanks

Stanman
31-12-11, 13:54
menu>setup>network>browse network and drill down to your laptop and mount it if it asks for password click no

hit playlist>yellow button and drill down to the laptop HDD and play as normal.

Needless to say you will need to change the location back to the HDD box and if the laptop gets shutdown you may need to click on mount again in network settings

mikizmo
31-12-11, 17:42
great stuff thanks.

One thing I have noticed within 'media player' for my usb mounted hdd was that the play/pause button on the remote only pauses but doesnt resume.
Has anyone else had that problem or found a workaround? thanks

Stanman
31-12-11, 18:22
No mate pause button works fine here and resumes form whence I paused it.

mikizmo
31-12-11, 19:13
that sucks. I followed your guide (slightly different, but got there nonetheless) and now it's crashed and rebooting telling me to post a log here and then rebooting and crashing :O

Stanman
31-12-11, 19:20
FTP in to the box and delete automount.xml in etc

mikizmo
31-12-11, 19:24
afraid I cant do that, it's not letting me ftp into it at all

Stanman
31-12-11, 19:36
What is it saying?

mikizmo
31-12-11, 19:43
will try and take a picture now

*i've managed to ftp but there's no automount.xml in etc.*

mikizmo
31-12-11, 19:54

managed to get a crash log too:-

Stanman
31-12-11, 22:49
Sorry its ETC/Enigima2 and not plain old ETC as I posted earlier.

dejo
01-01-12, 11:58
scanned the network and chose my laptop and there is nothing. how can I get for my hdd laptop?

menu>setup>network>browse network and drill down to your laptop and mount it if it asks for password click no

hit playlist>yellow button and drill down to the laptop HDD and play as normal.

Needless to say you will need to change the location back to the HDD box and if the laptop gets shutdown you may need to click on mount again in network settings

mikizmo
01-01-12, 13:10
I do wish people would stop posting in threads I start 'dejo'.
anyways not to worry I have had to reflash with a better image, and, dejo in case you ask, vix is not the best image in my opinion so try another one unless you're already using a different one:D

dejo
01-01-12, 13:15
yep I use hdf v4.5. so how can i get access to my laptop?

mikizmo
01-01-12, 13:16
why dont you try starting a new thread for that ;)

Larry-G
01-01-12, 13:18
I do wish people would stop posting in threads I start 'dejo'.
anyways not to worry I have had to reflash with a better image, and, dejo in case you ask, vix is not the best image in my opinion so try another one unless you're already using a different one:D

The best image is for each person to discover for them selves, and more often than not the shortcomings in a image when looked at come down to the end users inability to set the box up correctly. What is the best for you may not be the best for me and vice versa. also i edited your post with the crash log as to be fair thats a lot of text to have in a single post, it's much cleaner and easier to just upload the crash log file it self to the forum.

I hope your new image does every thing you need it to do for you.

dejo
01-01-12, 15:02
This is a similar thread so where is problem? So expect a helpful response for access my hdd laptop

why dont you try starting a new thread for that ;)