PDA

View Full Version : Adding a VU Solo to my Duo - Question ?

dfdream
31-12-11, 00:21
All,

Im looking at getting a VU Solo for the kitchen.
Ideally Id like to not record on it local but set the solo to record to the movie folder in the duo. Also then that the solo when the recordings button is pressed that it shows the contents on the DUOs Movie folder. Id use USB key for EPG and picons.
Is it easy to setup like this.

Also will recording over LAN to duo impact the Duo much when recording a few hd channels itself.

Finally I see on other posts questions about drivers support for the solo. Is the solo not going to be supported into the future. The box is not around that long.

Oh one other thing. Is there a way to update bouquets in one box and that would automatically update to another.

Thanks

Larry-G
31-12-11, 00:32
All,

Im looking at getting a VU Solo for the kitchen.
Ideally Id like to not record on it local but set the solo to record to the movie folder in the duo. Also then that the solo when the recordings button is pressed that it shows the contents on the DUOs Movie folder. Id use USB key for EPG and picons.
Is it easy to setup like this.

Also will recording over LAN to duo impact the Duo much when recording a few hd channels itself.

Finally I see on other posts questions about drivers support for the solo. Is the solo not going to be supported into the future. The box is not around that long.

Oh one other thing. Is there a way to update bouquets in one box and that would automatically update to another.

Thanks

you certainly dont have to worry about the solo as far as support goes. Vu just updated the bootloader so it runs the 3.1.1 kernel like all the other vu boxes and drivers are released very frequently. in fact there have been 3 releases of drivers in a week for all vu boxes the solo included.

dfdream
31-12-11, 09:09
Thats good to know.

Anyone any Ideas on the other questions.
Ta

Larry-G
31-12-11, 09:31
well the bouquet question, technically no there is no way to automate this proccess without going into lengthy scripts. it's always easiest and faster to just do one them them one after the other manually.

as for Mounting HDD's i have multiple drives mounted between my uno and duo. both have internal drives that are mounted to each other, both are also mounted to a NAS and a 1tb external USB hdd connected to the duo but also mounted through the Uno. and i dont suffer any lag or other problems although i only record to the drives in the boxes them selves, but i know a few users who do as you want and it works fine for them.

dfdream
31-12-11, 10:50
Thanks Phoenix.
What do I have to configure to enable the remote box to record to.
I have currently a NAS that I access from my DUO but it doesnt show as an option to record to.
I just want to record somethings to the NAS and the rest to the Duos local drive.
D

Larry-G
31-12-11, 11:02
Thanks Phoenix.
I have currently a NAS that I access from my DUO but it doesnt show as an option to record to.
I just want to record somethings to the NAS and the rest to the Duos local drive.
D

to be honest i am not massively sure as like i said i record to the internal HDD's on each box but use all HDD's for storage etc. silverfox or pooface would be best to ask this question as i think thats how their systems are setup.

Stanman
31-12-11, 14:01
Thanks Phoenix.
D

Make sure your NAs is mounted and ticked green
Menu>settings>recording settings second entry timer recordings click OK and than press menu up navigate to your NAS and slect where you want to record to and than click on add bookmark. You will now be able to select this via left/right in timer recordings