PDA

View Full Version : vu+ duo stream to Pc?

liveaboard
30-12-11, 22:23
Hi gang;
I was wondering if there's any way to stream live TV to my laptop from the VU+ duo.

The main use for this is to monitor the signal with the laptop while I'm on the roof adjusting the dish + LNB.

I only have 1 TV; it's big, expensive, and bolted to my wall.

Stanman
30-12-11, 23:55
Yes it is what image version are you on?

If 2.3 than you need to go into plugins and click on openwebif and change the port to 00080 and disable authetication.

Than go into your browser and put in the boxes ip addreses. Than bouquets and click the little telly icon further along from the channel name - best to use firefox or IE for this.

rayanbb
01-01-12, 09:59
Hi gang;
I was wondering if there's any way to stream live TV to my laptop from the VU+ duo.

It could be much easier to use some satellite to pc software like in this review
http://www.dazzlingreviews.com/2011/12/satellite-direct-review-is-it-possible.html

Larry-G
01-01-12, 10:10
It could be much easier to use some satellite to pc software like in this review
http://www.dazzlingreviews.com/2011/12/satellite-direct-review-is-it-possible.html

point 1.

please do not post live link on the forum, use coded brackets.

point 2.

The software you referenced would be of no practical use to the OP as he wants to align his dish using the laptop.

liveaboard
01-01-12, 15:25
Thanks Stanman;
I did find the plugin "openwebif" you recommended. It took me a while to figure out how to access it from my pc.
For anyone else who needs to know, you have to put into the address bar of your browser; ip address, 192.168.1.xx:0000 where 0000 is the port the plugin is set to, and of course the ip address is the ip address of the receiver. I found it in my router settings.

I set the dish with a cheapo analogue meter first, then used the openwebif screenshot function to monitor the "sat finder" function in Vix over my laptop while I was up on the roof to get the signal to noise ratio optimized; mainly by adjusting the skew.

As soon as I get a CAM I might actually see some TV!

Rob van der Does
01-01-12, 15:48
As soon as I get a CAM I might actually see some TV!
Huh??? I hope you're not going to limit yourself by using an expensive hardware CAM?????
Just install CCCam and you're ready to go!

Larry-G
01-01-12, 15:53
Personally i quite like the hardware cams my self, although they are somewhat limited in that they can only decode one channel at a time and therefore useless for use with multi tuner boxes unless you go for the ridiculously priced griffin cams than can decode upto a whole transponder in one go.

Rob van der Does
01-01-12, 15:58
although they are somewhat limited in that they can only decode one channel at a time and therefore useless for use with multi tuner boxes ...
Somewhat limited? The understatement of 2012 is on you account already!
And not only useless for multi tuner boxes; the limitation is the same on a single tuner box.

liveaboard
01-01-12, 19:00
I have cccam installed, but not sure what I need to do now; guidance appreciated for a total noob.

Rob van der Does
01-01-12, 19:16
The only thing you need to do now is to make an empty file named "CCcam.cfg" in "/etc" and start CCcam in menu --> setup --> softcammanager.
And of course to insert your card.

liveaboard
01-01-12, 19:22
What card? Do you mean a physical card?

Larry-G
01-01-12, 19:24
What card? Do you mean a physical card?

yes, if you have a subscription card for example sky uk, we can help you set that up. if not we cant really help due to the site rules.

liveaboard
02-01-12, 09:35
I think I know what I did wrong before; the tuner settings had disq enabled, but the 2 tuners are each wired directly to their own connection on the LNB.

I think that changing disq b to 'disabled' allowed the box to search properly.

Or maybe it was because I enabled CCcam? No added lines or anything...

Anyway, it's working; I now have the free to air channels coming in clear.

Rob van der Does
02-01-12, 09:51
I think I know what I did wrong before; the tuner settings had disq enabled, but the 2 tuners are each wired directly to their own connection on the LNB.
I think that changing disq b to 'disabled' allowed the box to search properly.
Nope, that's not the case. The box just sneds his commands, but doesn't care or even check if they are being obeyed.

Or maybe it was because I enabled CCcam? No added lines or anything...

Doesn't make any difference either: the box doesn't care if channel can be decrypted or not.

What might be the case, is that changing tunersettings sometimes only become active after a reboot.

brundlefly
22-03-12, 23:48
Yes it is what image version are you on?

If 2.3 than you need to go into plugins and click on openwebif and change the port to 00080 and disable authetication.

Than go into your browser and put in the boxes ip addreses. Than bouquets and click the little telly icon further along from the channel name - best to use firefox or IE for this.
hi guys - done the above but cant get the vu web page so i can stream to my laptop....i just get error "problem loading page "???any ideas

judge
22-03-12, 23:58
If you are sure the ports now match up, did you reboot the box?

Stanman
23-03-12, 18:14
Have you done all updates on the image?

Might be worth saving and rebooting after changing the port