PDA

View Full Version : Viewing VU on Playstation 3 / changing Root password

Markymark
30-12-11, 20:58
Hi,

Getting into it all now and playing and learning as I go along. What I am unsure on is how to change the default root password. Could I even add more users to the box?

Secondly, is it possible to view the VU on my PS3? If so, how would I go about setting it up? I was looking in the network options and was thinking it must be one of those settings there.

On the streaming front is it possible / how could I allow a friend to view a stream from my box? When he is away and has no tv, I was thinking that I could at least share my tv picture with him - if this is possible?

silverfox0786
30-12-11, 21:07
Hi,

Getting into it all now and playing and learning as I go along. What I am unsure on is how to change the default root password. Could I even add more users to the box?

telnet in to box and send command

passwd

Secondly, is it possible to view the VU on my PS3? If so, how would I go about setting it up? I was looking in the network options and was thinking it must be one of those settings there.

i dont think this is possible to do with out 1 jailbreaking the ps3 and 2 getting an app to use like vlc for ps3 which i doubt is available

On the streaming front is it possible / how could I allow a friend to view a stream from my box? When he is away and has no tv, I was thinking that I could at least share my tv picture with him - if this is possible?

this we cannot answer or disscuss as its in the sharing catagory which is a taboo subject here

Markymark
30-12-11, 21:21
Can I telnet in using that channel editor that I downloaded or is there another programme I can download to do this on the box.

Oh sorry, I didn't think that would be a problem as I was only talking about FTV channels basically the one I'm watching. Hyperthitically is it possible to be able to view a feed from the box?

silverfox0786
30-12-11, 21:26
Can I telnet in using that channel editor that I downloaded or is there another programme I can download to do this on the box?

you can use a programm called putty or windows telnet after setting the option in control panel

putty is teh better option

many tuts here on how to connect to it

Oh sorry, I didn't think that would be a problem as I was only talking about FTV channels basically the one I'm watching. Hyperthitically is it possible to be able to view a feed from the box?

i understand where yr comming from but we choose not to talkj about any aspect of it as it saves having to filter out what can and cant, as in effect even FTV/A channel being streamed or shared out side of location is not allowed by the channel povide
as you can understand that would for e.g breach the TV licence that you got for BBC

Markymark
30-12-11, 21:33
Ok I accept what your saying and understand where your coming from. Sorry for breaking the rules, it certainly wasn't planned.

Thanks ill have a search around for some tutorials.

pooface
30-12-11, 21:37

You would need to set up a pc to make the stream smaller, use a slingbox, or have a superfast upload speed...

Sent with Tapatalk

punisher
30-12-11, 21:39
You can stream tv to ur iphone/ipad by using dreambox live app from app store. To stream outside ur home network u will need to setup a static ip or dyndns account. There are tutorials for them in my signature below