PDA

View Full Version : ? for Stanman

bluepeter
30-12-11, 20:12
Not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree? but would you be the Stanman who also posts on AVF?

The reason I ask is, I've had a Duo since it's launch and a few months ago acquired a 32gb HP touchpad in their fire sale. I've been hunting all over the net to see if I could stream live tv to my tp seems webos is going to be a no-go, now I sure I've read a thread either on here or AVF where you mention porting android to your tp? If I've got the wrong person apologies now but if you have a tp with an android port are you managing to stream your duo to it?

Any pointers/tips/software to use would be wholeheartedly welcome

Thanks in advance....

regards
Peter

ps... done a fair bit of reading on twin booting the tp, just need to know whether it's worth it yet... is the alpha 3.5 stable enough

pps .... forgot to mention, Vix 2.3 - 3.1.1 kernel - 29/12/11 drivers

Stanman
30-12-11, 23:40
Hi mate,

Yes I am.

I ported CM 3 and now on 3.5. I haven't found much difference and to be honest I preferred 3 as I think with 3.5 it does not shutdown properly.

As for streaming I use dreamdroid which is a free app from the market and it streams fine in SD channel but am afraid HD is hit and miss - the picture breaks up and there is loss of audio but SD is fine.

I have the trial version of V player which is the only one I could find to play the stream and it does the job very well.

As you will see on the vid attached it keeps giving the trial expired but is playing never the less.

Stanman
30-12-11, 23:46
Here is a vid I made to show the streaming. The one breaking up one is SS1 HD and followed by SS1 SD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCblm8KAuJQ&feature=youtu.be

irishchris
30-12-11, 23:55
hi stan on a side note. try daroon player. Its free in the market and much more stable and better quality than player.
Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Stanman
31-12-11, 00:00
Thanks Chris, will give it a try. To be honest with 3 boxes and PC I dont normally stream to tablet but got an idea from another thread and may use it to fine tune my motor dish.:thumbsup:

I am getting 7W - top movies and Al Jazeera sport in SD but want to try and get the HD ones.

basilyoung
31-12-11, 00:29
Stan, WHAT SIZE DISH ARE YOU USING TO GET 7 WEST, AND WHATS YOUR APPROX LOCATION?..opps caps lock on...sorry

Stanman
31-12-11, 00:34
Its a 1M mate and am in Luton

basilyoung
31-12-11, 00:37
thats just ruined my weekend :thumbsup:

got a 1.2 andrews, with a feed horn, in N-East Wales, baz

Stanman
31-12-11, 00:40
I make you happier Baz mate, I don't get the abu Dhabi ones and they have the premiership on them and quite a lot of the others as well.

basilyoung
31-12-11, 00:42
Well, Think of me in the cold and wet tomorrow Stan, coz, I will now have to give it a go

Stanman
31-12-11, 00:47
I feel for you mate, been there with Silver with howling winds and freezing our nuts off - this was when we had that cold snap.

Took a good part of the day to get it leveled and than finished it off later in the week with a another mate and mobile phone and dishponter site:D:D

Last but not least final mention to our very own AndyB for the help on the positioner.

Couldn't have done it without help from all my friends:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

bluepeter
31-12-11, 02:11
Its a 1M mate and am in Luton

Thanks Stan - looks like an android port here I come ----- you're close, I'm in Hemel

regards
Peter

Stanman
31-12-11, 14:20
The SD channels stream fine. I downloaded Droon that Chris mentioned and that is working as well.

As for porting it was a really straight forward job, just read the instructions three times before I did it.Ever since I ported CM3 I have never used WEBOS. Its really good OS but crippled by lack of apps.

Small world, Hemel is just up the M1 from here. Always a delight to go and use the magic roundabout:D

bluepeter
31-12-11, 16:31
OK... have CM3.5 on the TP, ... now a touchdroid I s'pose... downloaded & installed Droon from the marketplace as Chris suggested..now off to find V player? and try to work out how to get the rx to stream to my tablet...

See what you mean about reboot in 3.5, you opt for a reboot, just boots down ?... still, I'm like android on the HP :)

oh yeah our infamous 'Magic Round-a-bout'... good when you know really the proper way to use it... totally befuddles the uninitiated:D

bluepeter
31-12-11, 17:45
downloaded both dreamdroid & daroon, can't get either to work - also got vplayer (free) installed. ftp'd a 1min TS file to downloads folder & vplayer will play that so i know it's not a codec problem.... is there a way to set up a profile with either dreamdroid or daroon..., dreamdroid shows a connection error, profile is default DM8000

any other plug-in i need to install on the Duo?... I'm back on the older web interface port 80

Stanman
31-12-11, 18:02
Dreamdroid is what you need to connect to the box, don't bother (at least I didn't) configuring the players.

In dreamdroid click on add profile and than need the following settings completed:-

Profile name - I give it the box it is
Hostname /IP = Box IP address
Port = 80
Enable login and
username = root
password = the box password

Just deleted one account and added it again and works fine.

Make sure WIFI is on

Stanman
31-12-11, 18:04
Forgot to add never done it without password and if you dont have one set, telnet into the box and set one up and retry.

bluepeter
31-12-11, 18:20
thanks stan - yeah I set a pw from day 1 on my rx... for the life of me I couldn't find a way to add/edit profile... sorted now, bit unfamiliar with android... it will grow on my

Thanks again... gonna try to get daroon to work now, see if it's any better

regards
peter

bluepeter
31-12-11, 22:03
All sorted now - uninstalled Vplayer and use daroon as the default player, get the odd rebuffering but 99% a.o.k. Daroon has a few more useful options than Vplayer - The ability to bookmark a stream being handy...

Next on the list is to persuade the misses "we really need a Ultimo"..... life would not be the same without one;)... then again with talk of a XBMC in 2012 i'm not so sure now

Stanman
31-12-11, 22:34
Brilliant mate, glad your all up and running.