PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] help needed xtrend new owner

supra59uk
30-12-11, 17:34
Hi Every one

i Have just purchased the et9200 which was flashed to the lastest vix image by wos im quite new to linux boxes and images,plugins ect so please bare with me im used to the spiderbox which is totally different

this is what i have managed to do so far after about 30 hours of playing about
loaded ccam setup the channels setup the epg and spent ages trying to sort the other bits i need which i cant get to work so here goes

1. i was told by wos that i would be able to use my qnap nas box as the hard drive which i tryed setting up in the network mount section, it found my drive and my tvrecord folder of the nas drive but when i then go to record option screen i cant change the the default movie location which is hdd/movie?
do you have to change this in the route dir?

2. timeshift, pause, record, can i make these work the same as sky so when you press the pause button the picture freezes and then when you want to start it again you press play ?

3. Boutique, when using , say i go in the sport folder and all the sports channels come up and i choose one and i start watching it can you set a default folder that the Boutique goes straight back to like all channels without having to go to fav and manually putting it back to all channels, hope that makes sence

4. while setting the box up i have had at least 6 crashes and i have had to turn off the box with the power switch, i think i could of caused a cpl when trying to record and filling the mem up of the box ?
not sure, but what is bothering me is it now takes about 5 mins to come on and before i started i was about i min to fully boot ?
ok well any answers to any of my question would be great

thanks Paul and i hope you all have a great new year

machare
30-12-11, 18:22
Hi Every one

i Have just purchased the et9200 which was flashed to the lastest vix image by wos im quite new to linux boxes and images,plugins ect so please bare with me im used to the spiderbox which is totally different

this is what i have managed to do so far after about 30 hours of playing about
loaded ccam setup the channels setup the epg and spent ages trying to sort the other bits i need which i cant get to work so here goes

1. i was told by wos that i would be able to use my qnap nas box as the hard drive which i tryed setting up in the network mount section, it found my drive and my tvrecord folder of the nas drive but when i then go to record option screen i cant change the the default movie location which is hdd/movie?
do you have to change this in the route dir?

Have you tried going to Menu/Setup/System/Recording Settings positioning the cursor on Default movie location and then pressing the OK button?

2. timeshift, pause, record, can i make these work the same as sky so when you press the pause button the picture freezes and then when you want to start it again you press play ? I don't know about Sky, but go to the Timeshift settings and configure it to be permanently on so that the red icon on the VFD is on.

3. Boutique, when using , say i go in the sport folder and all the sports channels come up and i choose one and i start watching it can you set a default folder that the Boutique goes straight back to like all channels without having to go to fav and manually putting it back to all channels, hope that makes sence

I use Dreambox edit to put my favourite channels in "My Bouquet" which I then use most of the time.

4. while setting the box up i have had at least 6 crashes and i have had to turn off the box with the power switch, i think i could of caused a cpl when trying to record and filling the mem up of the box ?
not sure, but what is bothering me is it now takes about 5 mins to come on and before i started i was about i min to fully boot ?
ok well any answers to any of my question would be great.

If the box gets stuck you can sometimes telnet to it and then issue a "shutdown now" or "shutdown -r now" (reboot) command.

You might want to try and Vix software update, if that does not solve your problem you could do a Vix Back Manger backup, reflash the box and then try restoring your settings.

supra59uk
30-12-11, 19:06
hi machare thanks for your quick reply
1.yes i have tryed clicking ok on the record setting and comes up with screen say hdd/movies
and a trash folder this is the internal mem its using as the hdd and no option to change to an external drive

2. i have got it turned on perm but no red light on my panel

4. never used telnet so will have to read up on that, can it cause problems turning the main switch off ?

machare
30-12-11, 19:58
1. On that 'page' press the menu button and select 'switch to filelist'.

2. Maybe because you do not have a useable location configured.

4. It is best to avoid powering the box off unless it is in Deep Standby. Stuff gets written back to the flash memory if you do an orderly shutdown. In W7 you can enable telnet using Control Panel/Programs.../Turn Windows...

Larry-G
30-12-11, 20:04
you can use a third party telnet client like putty, I prefer to use the inbuilt windows telnet client, If your using windows 7 or Vista you can follow this tutorial to enable the windows telnet client.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?12558-Tutorial-How-to-enable-the-default-Telnet-client-in-Windows-7

supra59uk
30-12-11, 22:19
thanks guys for coming back to me tryed what you said about pressing menu and then menu never new that still not got my nas drive on but i have now managed to change the path to my mem stick to try the time shift and now it works which is great just how i wonted thanks for that

still a mistery why it wont let me use the nat drive tho, it knows its there but no option for connecting to it even in the built in media player there is no option hopefully will get it working .

also can someone just run thru the flash image process its already got latest ver on it but was going to try to flash it again see if it fixes the network prob with the drive. i have already got it on a mem stick in a folder i know the box as to be powered on with the stick in but when i press ok it just boots, am i pressing the right button by pressing the ok button?

will give he telnet a whirl on win 7 and have a read of the sticky you sent thanks for that

machare
30-12-11, 23:26
You should find your Nas drive in <List of Storage Devices>. If not go to Setup/System/Network/Device Setup/MountManager/Mountpoints management and make sure that your Nas is shown with a green ball.

I would not expect flashing your box to solve your network problem.

You should only have one stick plugged in when flashing. Your box should show ET9x00 when booting and you should only flash with images that come in folders named ET9x00.

What build does menu/Information/About show? Build 153 was released on Xmas eve.

supra59uk
30-12-11, 23:47
its the very latest only had it for 2 days and its driving me mad already lol
its just crashed again while i was fast forwarding a record, got telnet working put dont have a clue what to type to turn it off

as for my nas drive the drive is shown in mountpoint manager but with a red x
thanks for all your help so far

machare
31-12-11, 00:06
a) When you telnet to the box, login using root, probably no password needed. Then enter "shutdown -r now" to reboot

b) You need to get a Green ball. Try deleting the white ball and then go to browse network, select your Nas, find a white ball and press OK to mount the network drive and make the ball go green.

silverfox0786
31-12-11, 00:10
a) When you telnet to the box, login using root, probably no password needed. Then enter "shutdown -r now" to reboot

b) You need to get a Green ball. Try deleting the white ball and then go to browse network, select your Nas, find a white ball and press OK to mount the network drive and make the ball go green.

option B sounds more like the nation lottery :lol3:

supra59uk
31-12-11, 02:31
update

carried out reflash of my box with the same image
and managed to get my drive working but only a ciff not nfs but that will do for me lol and i have now got the green ball on the right directories wa ha lol, what took me near 2 days to sort out i did in about 1 hour
lol so must have learned somethings

Thankyou for all your help guys
a special thanks to machare

mind the fun starts again tomorrow when i try to setup on my motorised dish only set it up for fixed at the moment to stop the mrs moaning lol

Sicilian
31-12-11, 06:30
To find your NAS drive an easy way would be to do the following: -

First make sure NFS is enabled in your Qnap > Network Services > NFS Service.

Menu > Setup > Network > Device Setup > Network Browser > It should can your network, if not press yellow to re-scan. Select the Qnap and press ok to browse. You may or may not need to input user details, depends on your setup.

supra59uk
01-01-12, 00:22
thankyou guys got it all sorted now if this is of any help to anyone else my main problem was not with vix it was my settings in the nas box giving it the right to open folders ect, what made me think it was a software issue was the drive shown up but i couldnt change the paths to the drive, basically because it was'nt available to be used, so if you manage to get it seen by your browser and mount it and there is a red x in on the icon check all your network settings in the nas box giving it the right to share.

Hontch
03-01-12, 23:31

Did you get this one sorted, happened to me when I tried to record something and forgot I had disconnected the hdd :]

If you type "df" in telnet it will tell you the usage of the mount points.

supra59uk
09-01-12, 20:57
yes got it sorted set the wrong path was going to internal mem know goes to the nas drive alls well
mind still freezing on fast forwards when watching a recording ? any help with this ?
thanks paul

Hontch
09-01-12, 21:27
Use 3,6,9 to skip forward, and 1,4,7 to skip backward, default skips are 15,60,300s I believe